Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st October 2023, 19.45:39   #1-0 (permalink)
Newbie - Go Easy On Me!

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default January Targets

so when January comes knocking who should we be looking to bring in as reinforcement or as direct replacements??
Old 1st October 2023, 19.49:00   #2-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Wxm larger lower hopefully

Default Re: january Targets

We would have to sell or Loan out first.
Old 1st October 2023, 20.02:05   #3-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Moan Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbertilleryRed2023 View Post
so when January comes knocking who should we be looking to bring in as reinforcement or as direct replacements??
That’s a toughie. I feel for PP tbh, cos he’s brought in what appeared to be quality, a number of times now, and they’re all letting him down.
So many of them having dips in form, and have to be dropped. They came from higher divisions, but you wouldn’t have thought it.

It says something when the hard workers like Youngy and Mendy are still worth a place in the starting X1 cos their replacements are letting us down.

GK, let’s see how Arthur goes on. I love Chomp but he didn’t make himself big for four of the five goals at Stockport. Seems to crumple backwards. Needed a rest. He’s a legend already, and good to have him on our roster.
We are ok for GK for now.

Defence, I just don’t know WTF is going on with some of our back three. I’d say normally Tunnicliffe, Tozer if he ain’t too tired lately, and Hayden, are our best option. TOC as first back up. The others are riddled with unforced errors.
But I don’t think we need a new CB.

Good choice of Forde and Barnett on one flank, and Mendy or McClean on the other, although the latter has been shite, last two games. Somethings going on, there. But we should be fine for both WB slots.

Center Mid, let’s see if George Evans is the key to the midfield, along with Elliot Lee or Jordan Davies, plus JJ or Youngy. Again, I’m not sure as we stand we need a new Mid.

Up front is the biggest worry for me. We are SO dependent on SPM, look at the impact yesterday. Two goals, and an incredible work rate, after the injury he’s had, too. Ollie is always going to be our favourite alongside Mullin, depends on his fitness/injury. Good to have the quality of Fletcher as main back up. That’s where it ends though. I like Bickers but PP seems to have lost faith somehow. Waters works hard but little impact. Dalby looks off the pace and out of form, can still pop up with a goal though, so we have options. Do we need Another Striker/Forward? Of all the positions, this one for me possibly yeh.

But, overall, I don’t think we are getting the best out of some of our large and expensive squad.

How could ALL of them be off form at Stockport? And start lethargically yesterday? Somethings up. Overtraining, or something.

I know it’s a cliche, but, in PP I do trust! He’s closer to it than us. And since he’s been here, I’ve found whatever me and the fans around me have grumbled about, he’s seen the same things and acted upon them. I think he’ll do what’s needed.

Huge game Tuesday night though, a real tough one, and I think we will all learn some more about some of our players, in this game.
Old 1st October 2023, 20.08:11   #4-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

Default Re: January Targets

Andy Marriott is a goalkeeping legend. Howard most definitely isn’t
Old 1st October 2023, 20.10:40   #5-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Moan Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal welsh red View Post
Andy Marriott is a goalkeeping legend. Howard most definitely isn’t
Flynnie disagrees.

Howard put enough shifts in last season, to get us up.
Foster finished the job, at the right time, but Howard did his bit.
For that, Legend.

Just my opinion, and yours counts too! More than mine probably, but there we go.
Old 1st October 2023, 20.20:57   #6-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubrey View Post
We would have to sell or Loan out first.
Or merely leave them out of the 22
Old 1st October 2023, 20.50:13   #7-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Clarke-Harris of Peterborough should be top of the shopping list.

He's out of contract next summer so we only have to pay up his contract which will be less than £100k.

We'll have to go big on wages though with Championship clubs sniffing around
Old 1st October 2023, 21.31:32   #8-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
Clarke-Harris of Peterborough should be top of the shopping list.

He's out of contract next summer so we only have to pay up his contract which will be less than £100k.

We'll have to go big on wages though with Championship clubs sniffing around
Bristol Rovers, Like us made a mess of the paper work for Harris. They were going to pay £800.000. They might go back in January.
Old 2nd October 2023, 05.34:33   #9-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhosymedre Red View Post
Bristol Rovers, Like us made a mess of the paper work for Harris. They were going to pay £800.000. They might go back in January.
I heard they messed up too. Massive saving on the fee in January.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.41:07.