Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26th October 2023, 22.26:53   #1-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: mrs
Twitter: @

Default Liam Roberts ban

I have been watching Liam's videos on Youtube for sometime now re match highlights from behind the goal. I am one of about 20k subscribers to his channel, he tonight says he has been banned by the EFL from videoing brief highlights of the games, also in the car park and by the Mold Road Stand.

He has been told in an official letter that if he continues action will be taken against him and my result in a banning order. This is so petty. This is a young lad, I believe he is 17, who is giving fans unable to get to the game a chance to feel the atmosphere in the ground and the sense of excitement when the team scores. I find this a great shame and other fans who follow Liam from all over the World will feel the same.

His video are no more than 10 minutes or so long and are hardly imposing on any copy right. He is not blaming the club this seems to come from the EFL which I find is ridiculous. Just how many fans all over the country put up blogs of them being at games etc, now this is illegal. We fans who cannot get to games are left with what the official channel can give us. Very sad and unnecessary.

So in future if you video yourself at a game or around the ground you seem to be in breach of the rules and could face a ban and fine. Crazy. I wish Liam all the best as I am sure everyone will, who follows him. Let us hope there is a change of mind for this is a serious own goal.

Thank you Liam for all your video in the past
Old 26th October 2023, 23.10:15   #2-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Liam Roberts ban

I had a look at his videos and I did think there was quite a bit of footage without any real analysis about it. He could still make videos if he recorded himself more and the football less but he doesnt want to do that which is fair enough

Even the clubs themselves have a lot of rules they have to follow due to efl commercial agreements
Old 26th October 2023, 23.21:38   #3-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: ERS

Pretty petty from EFL/Wrexham FC.

He is hardly threatening the business of Wrexham by filming at the ground. The EFL highlights are available for free, but the EFL get money from adverts on youtube, a young lad filming on his phone is hardly a threat to that.

I think everyone should get their phones out and start filming as the club can't ban everyone.

EFL, Premier League just taking it too far IMHO.
Old 26th October 2023, 23.55:38   #4-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

A shame, but I'm surprised he was able to upload highlights like that for as long as he did. Others I know were warned about copyright by YouTube after only one or two videos of goals from the crowd.
Old 27th October 2023, 02.43:14   #5-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Racecourse Spot: I wish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hr100 View Post
He could still make videos if he recorded himself more and the football less but he doesnt want to do that which is fair enough
The letter he received says that only the Wrexham AFC Media Team are "...permitted to film anything within the ground footprint..." (emphasis mine).

His follow-up communication with the club confirmed, at least as he puts it, that "anything" means filming of any kind.

Pretty crappy if you ask me. I'm in Canada and Liam's vlogs were one of my regular stops after a match, especially if I wasn't able to catch the match live.
Old 27th October 2023, 05.51:54   #6-0 (permalink)
Legend

dont no why hes been singled out,theres loads doing it, ok hes got a few more subs than most,petty from the club
Old 27th October 2023, 06.10:05   #7-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Hopefully the club will have a rethink on the very informal way they have handled this and can look at ways they can help Liam to continue making his YouTube channel videos engaging. The only difficulty (other than time and resource) may be the club wanting to remain/appear impartial.

Liam started his vlogs way before the takeover and the number of views then increased significantly once the news of R&R potentially buying the club started to circulate and they have continued to grow since.

Liam's matchday videos give people the chance to experience the feeling of being not just at the ground, but right in the stands. Before the VNL streaming was strong-armed through I remember seeing lots of comments on his videos from internationals on how amazing it looked being at a game. I would not be surprised if his videos are responsible for quite a few international fans either deciding to support the club or even making the decision to make the pilgrimage over to watch a game.

I only catch the odd video of his nowadays, but when the only option for exiles was listening to games on the radio, watching Liam's videos the following day were a great supplement.

Maybe he could do videos of fans thoughts/reactions walking out of the ground and then in some of the local drinking/eating establishments? For his demographic, I don't think you couldn't ask for a better person to be representing both the club and the town.

All the best to Liam for his future endeavors.
Old 27th October 2023, 06.45:06   #8-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by redone View Post
dont no why hes been singled out,theres loads doing it, ok hes got a few more subs than most,petty from the club
Read the quote from Liam. This is coming directly from the EFL and not Wrexham AFC
Old 27th October 2023, 06.57:36   #9-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Very unfair to single him out. Should be a blanket ban or action at all.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.49:37.