Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th February 2018, 11.15:17   #2241-0 (permalink)
LWR
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: National League Updates 2017/2018 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
we should loan Leo Smith to Chester. great opportunity for him to play.
I certainly wouldn't be against that.

He's not going to get a game here atm, and he's on a longer contract, which means we have time to develop him.

Best for him to get games at a decent level.
Old 14th February 2018, 11.21:01   #2242-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryn Tirion View Post
It’s his assistant that’s working for nothing. Bignot is still taking a wage.

In fact Bignot is only about 5 foot 6 inches tall so his name is the wrong way around. Shouldn’t he ba called Notbig?
The man’s bonce is the size of a VW Up.
Old 14th February 2018, 11.28:39   #2243-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: MRS Front row
Twitter: @kingsevans

Paul Cox leaves Guiseley

Paul Cox departs – Guiseley AFC
Old 14th February 2018, 11.32:24   #2244-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsevans View Post
Paul Cox leaves Guiseley

Paul Cox departs – Guiseley AFC
Good, the purveyor of anti-football has been found out
Old 14th February 2018, 11.37:05   #2245-0 (permalink)
LWR
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Guiseley are as good as relegated.

They'd be better cutting their loses and preparing for next season.
Old 14th February 2018, 12.22:16   #2246-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Have to disagree. Losing most weeks and a club in turmoil. Plus they couldn’t afford him.
They don't pay anything for him, thats a given. He gets to play competitive football (which he ain't played in months). Not sure why the losing most weeks has anything to do with it? unless you are worried it will turn him into a loser for the rest of his life? It will toughen him up.
Old 14th February 2018, 12.50:44   #2247-0 (permalink)
LWR
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
They don't pay anything for him, thats a given. He gets to play competitive football (which he ain't played in months). Not sure why the losing most weeks has anything to do with it? unless you are worried it will turn him into a loser for the rest of his life? It will toughen him up.
Exactly.

Currently we're paying him not to play.

If he's not going to play for us, I don't see the downside in paying him to play for someone else.

Yes there is the injury risk, but we really need to develop him, and for that he needs game time.

Obviously the best option is for someone to take him on loan, and pay all his wages, but I'm not sure thats realistic.

Is it wise loaning him to our rivals, possibly not, but it would mean he doesn't have to move away, or commute and we can keep a close eye on him.
Old 14th February 2018, 12.51:13   #2248-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
What! We’re not a charity.

It just wouldn’t be a pleasant experience for him, I don’t think it’ll turn him into a loser I just think he’d be better maybe going to WPL or Conf North to a team that’s not in a relegation battle.

Plus it’s Chester and I don’t see why we should be helping that lot, would he even make their team anyway? Last time I saw Leo play he looked out of his depth
Old 14th February 2018, 13.48:16   #2249-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

What is with our fans and this overwhelming desire to do anything and everything they can to help Chester FC?

Someone explain it. Or is it just the general “look at us” self-congratulatory element that seems to exist in society these days.
Old 14th February 2018, 14.09:03   #2250-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
What! We’re not a charity.

It just wouldn’t be a pleasant experience for him, I don’t think it’ll turn him into a loser I just think he’d be better maybe going to WPL or Conf North to a team that’s not in a relegation battle.

Plus it’s Chester and I don’t see why we should be helping that lot, would he even make their team anyway? Last time I saw Leo play he looked out of his depth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
What is with our fans and this overwhelming desire to do anything and everything they can to help Chester FC?

Someone explain it. Or is it just the general “look at us” self-congratulatory element that seems to exist in society these days.
Its not about helping chester. Its about helping wrexham fc by developing one of our youngsters and putting him in a competitive situation where he will earn game time. Its strange that someone would see it as anything but.

He has to play though. And given statements on how they are desperate for players he might get that.

You could argue that we would be cynically exploiting our hard up neighbours by using them to provide invaluable game time for our youngsters that we otherwise would not get at national league level.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - WORLD CUP 2018 FORUM - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.35:36.