Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st June 2017, 16.44:43   #19-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Tickets for Troops

I'm ex military and remain pro the military.

However, its a no to free tickets from me.
Old 21st June 2017, 16.45:54   #20-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

The tickets are usually from clubs who have spare seats, it fills the ground but it's abit weird at first going to watch a team that isn't yours. I used to go to preston midweek games when based in fulwood barracks and 2bh it weren't the same as watching wrexham.

I would of preferred to still pay and discounts etc isn't as bad as I know apple give a decent one if you buy a product, phone companies like 02 give 30% off, dominos 50% off etc.

I could keep going with those but one thing is our club needs a rule everyone pays, there is no middle line and it stands for everything.
Old 21st June 2017, 19.32:39   #21-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthinred View Post
brilliant idea

the armed forces put their lives on the line for us

Help the Heroes
I'll choose my own heroes,thanks!.
Old 21st June 2017, 19.51:01   #22-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: M.R.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthinred View Post
brilliant idea

the armed forces put their lives on the line for us

Help the Heroes
the armed forces arn't the only ones who put there lives on the line serving their country/community.....

there are other equally worthy organisations that carry out their role with out recognition.
Old 21st June 2017, 20.04:15   #23-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: mold road.

I run a veterans breakfast club in Wrexham, and every now and then we have vets that have hit on hard times, it would be nice to give them something like this for an afternoon out keeping them local and something to look forward to.
Old 21st June 2017, 20.05:31   #24-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: mold road or sainsbury

I am not being disrespectful to any of our servicemen or woman but there are heroes and heroines all around us. They go unseen and unheard every day and night. There is no way any lower league club could dole out free tickets. What could be done is give all our heroes and heroines a particular match for collections etc if this is already done then we'll done.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 21st June 2017, 20.16:36   #25-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmartinsred View Post
I run a veterans breakfast club in Wrexham, and every now and then we have vets that have hit on hard times, it would be nice to give them something like this for an afternoon out keeping them local and something to look forward to.
Last season would have been a particularly poor experience for any neutral.
Old 21st June 2017, 20.55:00   #26-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
Agreed - where do you draw the line ? should we also offer tickets to members of the emergency services too ? there may be other suggestions ?

Perhaps an Armed Services day - free entry offer to all troops on the nearest home fixture to Remembrance Day - not sure if this or something similar has actually happened previously.
Where do you draw the line? With the right planning, nowhere. Identify (or encourage applications from) a school, a sports club, and a community group for a load of free or cheap tickets per game, and change those groups each week to prevent whingers grumbling about people getting in free too often.
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by Junior Shabadoo; 21st June 2017 at 20.57:53..
Old 22nd June 2017, 07.53:44   #27-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Just out of interest, does the club already give out complementary tickets? And, if so, which groups benefit?

As a retired serviceman, I would expect to pay my own way, but others are less fortunate and should be considered. However, IMHO, our efforts should be concentrated on the young kids who, one day, can also argue whether their heroes from celebrity shows and pop music should benefit from free admission to the Racecourse.

PS My heroes - Leonard Cheshire, Keith Park and Jimmy Stewart - would all have acknowledge the kind offer but insisted they pay their way, too!

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.08:38.