Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th July 2017, 14.02:24   #10-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Open day today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagg View Post
The 11th could be a injured player.
From Dean's body language and the way it was suggested, the 11th player will be a new striker (in my opinion).
Old 30th July 2017, 14.05:59   #11-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: MRS Front row
Twitter: @kingsevans

The 11th player he was on about was Shaun pearson spitting next to him, who has a a slight injury
Posted via mobile theme
Old 30th July 2017, 14.20:31   #12-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsevans View Post
The 11th player he was on about was Shaun pearson spitting next to him, who has a a slight injury
Posted via mobile theme
I didn't see Pearson spit

My lad did speak with him and he said he would be fit for Sat.
Old 30th July 2017, 14.49:48   #13-0 (permalink)
"It's Only A Game!"

Racecourse Spot: MRS

I had a good chat with the chap who does the analysis. The system was brought in as soon as DK arrived and looks brilliant. Video clips available at half time for discussion and ability to follow a player with a dedicated camera! Possible real time updates coming for Darlington on an i-Pad during the game! This, he told me is Championship level.

I was also impressed with the control room, the ground is now fitted with HD CCTV.
Old 30th July 2017, 15.00:40   #14-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by draigwrecsam View Post
I had a good chat with the chap who does the analysis. The system was brought in as soon as DK arrived and looks brilliant. Video clips available at half time for discussion and ability to follow a player with a dedicated camera! Possible real time updates coming for Darlington on an i-Pad during the game! This, he told me is Championship level.

I was also impressed with the control room, the ground is now fitted with HD CCTV.
Sounds very impressive.
Old 30th July 2017, 15.13:20   #15-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: MRS Front row
Twitter: @kingsevans

Quote:
Posted via mobile theme
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jonez View Post
I didn't see Pearson spit

My lad did speak with him and he said he would be fit for Sat.
Ha Ha Ha only just seen my mistake, yes it should say sitting and not spitting
Old 30th July 2017, 15.17:33   #16-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Today was superb - I think on reflection one of the best open day's we have had.

However we don't seem to have given it the pre event publicity it deserved.

Lots going on and a great day out for a family - and it was free.

Club car park had a number of attractions including a bouncy castle thingy target where you could pay a £1 and have four shots to try and place a football in a target - run by Gemma Owen and the Football in the Community Foundation. This was in constant use and made a fair few quid - would like to see it set up on match days in the same place.

Firebrigade complete with engine to crawl all over.

Nice chap from 'Country Spice' selling a choice of curries & rice at £3 - again could both the club and he benefit on match days.

Club shop was open doing a roaring trade - lots of the new yellow away shirts being bought.

Centenary club entrance - collect your new season ticket & WST membership.

Inside was live music with Mr Gallagher doing covers of the Smith's, The Who & The Jam - very impressed by just him and his guitar - well done fella.

Stadium tours including the changing rooms and control room.

Players everywhere throughout for pic, autographs or just a chat.

1.00 pm in the Centenary - questions with Dean Keates and Shaun Pearson.

In answer to the earlier questions I spoke to Pearson and am sure that he is not completely 100% he didn't confirm either way but bearing in mind after next Saturday we do have matches coming at us thick and fast - lets see how things go by next weekend shall we.

There is obviously an option or two for a further player(s) to join us but DK didn't give anything away as regards position or who he was seeking.

I thought everyone on the table conducted themselves very well including Spencer Harris and Pearson who represented the players - talked about how well the Portugal trip went in team bonding.

Also need to give Macron a mention - sounds a superb relationship with the club and one we could build on.

Fantastic upbeat vibes oozing out of the club - have to say DK looked happy as Larry and I just think we might be at the start of something really good.

Already talk of a very good crowd for the Macclesfield Town opener.

All in all a great four hours - a decent turn out by the supporters but I did overhear quite a few saying they didn't know it was on until last minute.

Nearly forgot - the pitch was being mowed and looks in fantastic condition.
Old 30th July 2017, 15.56:23   #17-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

aww - red light you missed out the ducks fresh from their pre-season race
Old 30th July 2017, 16.06:45   #18-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Ha Ha Ha only just seen my mistake, yes it should say sitting and not spitting
Well done on a great Q & A that flowed nicely.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.58:15.