Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17th March 2018, 11.35:52   #82-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by COME ON WREXHAM View Post
None or at least most of us on here don't know Keates personally. Dean is still the same guy now he has gone as he was when he was here. A short arse ex-player and now a manager of a football club.
He was doing well here points wise although not playing the most attractive football.
Walsall were & are struggling & probably need something to get the fans on-side, how better to do that than get an ex-player in as the new manager? They matched the clause in Deans contract so the board were powerless to stop him going. Then Dean had a choice to make. Looking from the outside he had a connection with our club but he is not a Wrexham supporter, he is a Walsall lad & supporter so that will have been a big pull for him.
Football owners for the most part see the game as a business so there is no way Walsall will have let him stay at Wrexham to finish his project when they have identified him as the guy to save them from relegation.
Also many guys (and gals) on here are being hypocritical and are slagging Keates off for leaving us in the lurch with 9 game to go but in the next breath are wanting Askey to come here and drop a big old turd on Macclesfield. Unbelievable.
For the record of course I would have wanted him to stay.
Your second to last sentence is bizarre. Of course its fine for askey to ditch macc for us, because they are Wrexham fans and want what's best for Wrexham. So its fine for askey to leave macc in the lurch coz we don't care about Macclesfield, but its not fine for keates to leave Wrexham in the lurch.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 17th March 2018, 11.39:26   #83-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Dean Keates speaks out

Quote:
Originally Posted by COME ON WREXHAM View Post
None or at least most of us on here don't know Keates personally. Dean is still the same guy now he has gone as he was when he was here. A short arse ex-player and now a manager of a football club.
He was doing well here points wise although not playing the most attractive football.
Walsall were & are struggling & probably need something to get the fans on-side, how better to do that than get an ex-player in as the new manager? They matched the clause in Deans contract so the board were powerless to stop him going. Then Dean had a choice to make. Looking from the outside he had a connection with our club but he is not a Wrexham supporter, he is a Walsall lad & supporter so that will have been a big pull for him. Also a 3yr contract on no doubt more money helped as well.
Football owners for the most part see the game as a business so there is no way Walsall will have let him stay at Wrexham to finish his project when they have identified him as the guy to save them from relegation.
Also many guys (and gals) on here are being hypocritical and are slagging Keates off for leaving us in the lurch with 9 game to go but in the next breath are wanting Askey to come here and drop a big old turd on Macclesfield. Unbelievable.
For the record of course I would have wanted him to stay.
Askey would be a bit of a fool leaving there now to join us as his stock as risen where he could be touted by clubs in League Two or League One, surprised Walsall didn't go for him based on that. Pros and cons with all managers!

One of our players doesn't rate Askey that high which surprised me, so it takes all sorts. He also said this is the best dressing room he has even been in, and I don't think he was Bertieng with me.
Old 17th March 2018, 11.49:42   #84-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StattoWrexham View Post
Askey would be a bit of a fool leaving there now to join us as his stock as risen where he could be touted by clubs in League Two or League One, surprised Walsall didn't go for him based on that. Pros and cons with all managers!

One of our players doesn't rate Askey that high which surprised me, so it takes all sorts. He also said this is the best dressing room he has even been in, and I don't think he was Bertieng with me.
Is there much of a track record of managers getting promoted from this league and then poached by a bigger club, my memory is failing me.

As for Keates he is only getting a league 1 job because he played for that team. No chance he would get one purely based on his job at Wrexham.
Old 17th March 2018, 11.55:27   #85-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: any I can get !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StattoWrexham View Post

Best dressing room ? Good chance to prove it then eh starting in about two hours
Old 17th March 2018, 12.15:41   #86-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor Mike View Post
Best dressing room ? Good chance to prove it then eh starting in about two hours
Exactly!
He meant in terms of characters not ability.
Old 17th March 2018, 12.30:22   #87-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Indeed. I think anyone who thinks otherwise is being a touch naive.
Aye; how did Walsall know the value of his contract buy-out?

He's gone, I couldn't care less about what he has to say.
Old 17th March 2018, 12.52:13   #88-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlayDragon View Post
Aye; how did Walsall know the value of his contract buy-out?

He's gone, I couldn't care less about what he has to say.
Either asked the club or his agent??
To be honest the club probably was open about it when asked. If they refused they'd just phone his agent up anyway who'd give them the answer.

Or all Walsall would have to do is keep offering slightly more every time until the reach the point where we have to say yes.

Last edited by tokyored; 17th March 2018 at 12.53:17..
Old 17th March 2018, 14.19:30   #89-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Keates has always given his all for Wrexham AFC but he was always going to jump ship when his home club came in for him. Bad timing for us, but good luck to him in his new career.

On a more critical note, whilst Keates has steadied the ship, his style of football has been tedious. Lets hope we can now press on and become successful and entertaining.
Old 17th March 2018, 17.45:24   #90-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

We haven't lost Guardiola, we've lost a manager who took us back to a level we should be at but the football on show was mostly dreadful. He's done a good job though overall and that shouldn't be ignored.

Its shit, the timing couldn't be much worse but suck it up and get over it.

The next manager now has less of a job than Keates did so in theory if the right man is appointed he should be able to at least keep us in the play offs even if the football doesn't improve this season.

Who knows some of the flops may even start playing and perform for a new manager.

Be very interesting to see who the board appoint... I still have no idea but the Bellamy suggestion has grown on me a little bit. Not saying I want him to get the job but he'd be putting his career on the line and would need to get it right. The negative is manager wise he's a complete unknown and i'm not sure he could unite a squad and keep it that way. He ain't shy in speaking out.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.03:41.