Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th May 2018, 08.28:35   #91-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Our spell in Non league..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWFC View Post
I swear that the crushing disappointment of this season has made people lose their minds!

Primary business shouldn’t be football!? Buying a league place?
Yeah let’s sell our soul and betray the true spirit of football. The day this happens will be my last supporting the club.

Being run well as a business but doing it ethically and with a firm focus on the footballing side are not mutually exclusive elements.

Dear me, people need to give their head a wobble.
Ok, I’ll give it a wobble if it makes you feel better!!
However, your defence of what we do well, does not hide the fact that we need to think hard on how we can take the club forward in the future. Let me ask you this, many clubs are run by owners who have a primary business, monies from which are used to finance the club they own (thus giving them a financial advantage - see Mansfield, Fleetwood, Bristol Rovers & Tranmere as examples) So what would be the problem with the trust using monies raised from outside football interests to support the club??
I’m just throwing around ideas, some good, some not, to make the point that there is more that could and needs to be done in the future.
I’m as disappointed in this season as anyone, but this is not a knee jerk reaction as you suggest! It is simply a case for looking forward to ways we can improve & compete, what is wrong with that? We could have a well run ethical AND SUCCESSFUL club!!
Now, though does seem like a time for us to look at ourselves, and ask those questions, it was a poor league this year, and Wrexham, the big club with the big fan base couldn’t do anything to take advantage, yet Macc & Tranmere could! Some of us seem to be happy pointing out their problems and financial irregularities and yet THEY are back in the league NOT US. THEY look forward to all the rewards that come with league status, while we are already making excuses for next year (Salford, Chesterfield, Orient, Aldershot, BW, sugar daddies, budgets) but never mind eh? We are run properly, not like them.......
Old 13th May 2018, 08.39:06   #92-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Well it's not really a spell is it , it's 11 years of failure to be honest on the pitch .
Old 13th May 2018, 08.47:41   #93-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Moan Rd Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
We need to advertise to seek a buyer/investor.

Other clubs have investors, why not us? Chester dont own the ground, yet they have found someone.

Most importantly, we have a 100 year lease on the ground, which is as good as owning.
Posted via mobile theme
Nothing comes anywhere near as good as owning the ground. If you own it, you can sell it. That's what prospective buyers from years gone by wanted to do.
Old 13th May 2018, 08.51:08   #94-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
Plenty of happy clappers knocking around.

And plenty of fans who have turned their back on the club.
Name one fan/poster who has said they're happy for Wrexham to be in this league. We all have different views about how to get out of it, but no-one is happy.
Old 13th May 2018, 08.52:09   #95-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWFC View Post
I swear that the crushing disappointment of this season has made people lose their minds!

Primary business shouldn’t be football!? Buying a league place?
Yeah let’s sell our soul and betray the true spirit of football. The day this happens will be my last supporting the club.

Being run well as a business but doing it ethically and with a firm focus on the footballing side are not mutually exclusive elements.

Dear me, people need to give their head a wobble.
Ah some sense at last. This thread......!
Old 13th May 2018, 08.52:50   #96-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Did Chester advertise for an investor? The person putting in money is a fan isn’t he, the club isn’t giving him any shares or anything, and there was no advert.

Has any professional club ever done so? If so it must be very rare as I don’t recall it.

The only type of person who would put money into our club is a fan, since we don’t own anything and there is no money to be made here. Would they really need an advert to be placed to do that? I don’t think so.

I think it would be a total waste of time, money and effort and it would make us look a bit sad and desperate.
Old 13th May 2018, 08.53:19   #97-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpensioner View Post
I like the veiws of people with positive ideas for the club, so that we can move on.
But what gets me are the people that are happy to just jog along year after year in this poxy league.
To my mind they are the negative one's.
And who exactly is happy to jog along? Sorry, but this urban myth needs to be put to bed once and for all. This is a classic example of peddling a rumour till it becomes a fact.
Old 13th May 2018, 08.53:19   #98-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccie View Post
Ok, I’ll give it a wobble if it makes you feel better!!
However, your defence of what we do well, does not hide the fact that we need to think hard on how we can take the club forward in the future. Let me ask you this, many clubs are run by owners who have a primary business, monies from which are used to finance the club they own (thus giving them a financial advantage - see Mansfield, Fleetwood, Bristol Rovers & Tranmere as examples) So what would be the problem with the trust using monies raised from outside football interests to support the club??
I’m just throwing around ideas, some good, some not, to make the point that there is more that could and needs to be done in the future.
I’m as disappointed in this season as anyone, but this is not a knee jerk reaction as you suggest! It is simply a case for looking forward to ways we can improve & compete, what is wrong with that? We could have a well run ethical AND SUCCESSFUL club!!
Now, though does seem like a time for us to look at ourselves, and ask those questions, it was a poor league this year, and Wrexham, the big club with the big fan base couldn’t do anything to take advantage, yet Macc & Tranmere could! Some of us seem to be happy pointing out their problems and financial irregularities and yet THEY are back in the league NOT US. THEY look forward to all the rewards that come with league status, while we are already making excuses for next year (Salford, Chesterfield, Orient, Aldershot, BW, sugar daddies, budgets) but never mind eh? We are run properly, not like them.......
I have never said we don’t need to think hard about how we take the club forward. It doesn’t mean we can’t comment and commend the club for the things that they do right.

An owner with a primary business elsewhere is absolutely fine by me, provided the football gets the same amount of focus. I wouldn’t have a problem with monies from elsewhere being used, again provided that it be done sustainably with the club’s progression at heart.

Congratulations to Macclesfield and Tranmere, I wouldn’t comment on their problems or finances that’s not my style. We need to focus on ourselves and not sound bitter.

To be honest I think we probably agree on most things, but your hyberbolic throwaway comment to “buy ourselves into the league” and even mentioning that scum MkDons in your post was ridiculous.
Old 13th May 2018, 09.08:24   #99-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaidTom View Post
Name one fan/poster who has said they're happy for Wrexham to be in this league. We all have different views about how to get out of it, but no-one is happy.
This is about values and soul of the club.

What's important to us as fans. If I wrote a top 10 reasons why I love and enjoy supporting Wrexham, the division we're currently playing in would struggle to be on that list.

Do we want to be in league 2 or higher, owned by overseas businessmen, playing in a Deva style 'stadium' next to the Berwyn prison, maybe with a new badge, kit colour, or even name. Just so we can play against Bury instead of Bromley?

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.44:09.