Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23rd May 2018, 22.25:16   #415-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Sam Wedgbury’s contract cancelled by mutual consent

What gets me about this whole thing is we were giving out multi year contracts to players who weren’t up to standard, we had to pay them for an entire year in some cases despite not being good enough because they sat on their contract, which they were entitled to do. Club loses out on money.

We decide to only hand out shorter term contracts in non league and lose quality players like Nat Knight Percival, Andy Mangan, Danny Wright because their contracts were expiring. Once again club loses out.

We decide to offer our better players more years before they expire, they get approached and they go to the club with a sob story and their contract is ripped up. If ripping up contracts is possible why do we do it with Wedgbury and not Silvio Spann? Why didn’t Mangan convince Forest Green to rip up his contract and save us £40,000?

Before it’s bought up I don’t care about Smith-Gateshead, I’m only concerned about Wrexham being pushed around by players. Awful players sit on contracts and good ones get them ripped up. When we signed Barry the first time and ripped up his contract it was a joke too.
Old 23rd May 2018, 22.25:54   #416-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

It was ok when we got Manny Smith under the same circumstances. Was ok then like but not now.
Old 23rd May 2018, 22.28:01   #417-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Crispin Lane View Post
What makes sense is getting behind and trusting our manager in replacing a player who clearly had an issue off the pitch with a player who is totally committed to the club.
I have no Qualms with Wedgebury leaving.. i personally woulda been happy if he stayed...but for his family reasons, i don't begrudge him wanting to stay more local.. if people read he quotes regarding it in various interviews.. they would be more understanding also
Old 23rd May 2018, 22.29:42   #418-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

The difference between manny and wedge for me is wedge had not long signed a new deal the travel wasn’t a problem then fast forward 3 months and it is as soon as chesterfield are down here and Martin Allen who has claimed he has tryed to sign him a few times before and off he trots
Posted via mobile theme
Old 23rd May 2018, 23.12:43   #419-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

If any of us were offered a more local job at the same or higher salary we would all take it. The only difference is that some people think letting him rot in the reserves whilst we try and get a measly £20k (or whatever very small fee for him) is better than letting him leave!
Old 23rd May 2018, 23.14:18   #420-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Good player whichever way you look at it
Old 24th May 2018, 08.22:44   #421-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS (In my heart)

Can’t belive some comments , he’s gone move on , we can get better
Old 24th May 2018, 08.31:40   #422-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
If any of us were offered a more local job at the same or higher salary we would all take it. The only difference is that some people think letting him rot in the reserves whilst we try and get a measly £20k (or whatever very small fee for him) is better than letting him leave!
Nail on head!
Old 24th May 2018, 09.33:27   #423-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Kop end of Yale stand
Twitter: @kensdavies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
I'm not sure we are in a position to let a "measly" £20k slip away
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.46:25.