Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th June 2018, 10.45:50   #31-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit
 
dixienormous's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Resolution D - Bring Back Rockin Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Shabadoo View Post
There's nothing more generic than sharing a nickname with Bristol City, Cheltenham and about a million other clubs. Plus at least the dragon is related to Wales; Robins came in after being named after a director from Yorkshire. To do a similar thing now would lead to Spencer Harris changing the club's nickname to the Cornflakes, and having a man dressed as a Rice Krispie walking round the pitch.

I'm a little bit annoyed at this, it makes the whole process a joke. And it makes it look like there are people out there who really believe that putting on the Robin costume will take over the spirit of the man who wears it, and before you know it riding a bike around the pitch will be irresistible to the wearer. flip me.
We are the older club, we were and still are the robins, and we were before all those clubs....most football people will know us as the robins....the dragons my arse...Cardiff = bluebirds, Swansea= Swans Wrexham= Robins
__________________
"We talk about it for twenty minutes and then we decide I was right." -Brian Clough
Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2018, 10.48:51   #32-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Resolution D - Bring Back Rockin Robin

The mascot is surely about the kids an what they associate with the club, I love Rockin but have to vote Wrex for this.
__________________
COYR
Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2018, 10.53:28   #33-0 (permalink)
Squad Player
 
DraigGoch's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Resolution D - Bring Back Rockin Robin

Rather spend what we have available on the team than rebranding a perfectly good mascot for the sake of nostalgia.
__________________
UTST
Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2018, 10.57:35   #34-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Resolution D - Bring Back Rockin Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
We are the older club, we were and still are the robins, and we were before all those clubs....most football people will know us as the robins....the dragons my arse...Cardiff = bluebirds, Swansea= Swans Wrexham= Robins
The bad news is we're parking signing Jason Oswell to pay for a new mascot suit. We're signing Mark Beck instead. I hope you're satisfied.
__________________
It's raining so hold my hand. But the winter's so long it takes everything from the earth.
Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2018, 11.06:05   #35-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Resolution D - Bring Back Rockin Robin

Always said we'll do no good until we re-adopt the Robin. You'll see.
Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2018, 11.15:52   #36-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale stand
Real Name: Johnny Windows
Twitter: @





Default Re: Resolution D - Bring Back Rockin Robin

I have never accepted losing The Robins in favour of a generic Dragons. The vote that was taken by a previous Commercial Manager was so sneaky - high summer when most fans were on holiday.
The Robins nickname was relevant to previous Wrexham history and should stay/re instated. What next for our fundamentalist fringe? Owain Glyndwr United!
Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2018, 11.26:02   #37-0 (permalink)
First Teamer
 
don1's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Resolution D - Bring Back Rockin Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
If we just tell the kids that Wrex has gone to the same place as their goldfish it will be fine, no-one's advocating hanging him in public, although I think we could do it in private to celebrate vanquishing the cursed thing.
Posted via mobile theme
Same place as the goldfish ? - That'll open a can of worms.

"But Daddy, how did you get Wrex to flush !?"
Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2018, 11.36:27   #38-0 (permalink)
Squad Player
 
Wxm_fan's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Resolution D - Bring Back Rockin Robin

Can't we just liven up the Dragon if its staying, give him a Jetpack or parachute him in before kick off or something?
Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2018, 11.37:28   #39-0 (permalink)
Squad Player
 
Owain Glyndwr's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Resolution D - Bring Back Rockin Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Shabadoo View Post
There's nothing more generic than sharing a nickname with Bristol City, Cheltenham and about a million other clubs. Plus at least the dragon is related to Wales; Robins came in after being named after a director from Yorkshire. To do a similar thing now would lead to Spencer Harris changing the club's nickname to the Cornflakes, and having a man dressed as a Rice Krispie walking round the pitch.

I'm a little bit annoyed at this, it makes the whole process a joke. And it makes it look like there are people out there who really believe that putting on the Robin costume will take over the spirit of the man who wears it, and before you know it riding a bike around the pitch will be irresistible to the wearer. flip me.
Iím with Junior Shabadoo on this one,I canít believe people want to vote on this. The children love wrex the dragon so leave him alone.
__________________
]
Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2018, 11.40:20   #40-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit
 
fezbob's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @fezbob





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owain Glyndwr View Post
Iím with Junior Shabadoo on this one,I canít believe people want to vote on this. The children love wrex the dragon so leave him alone.
Only because he's inducted them into his sick, satanic cult. I heard it's Alex Hamilton in that suit. He sabotaged us at Wembley by untying Ormerod's shoelaces and putting lead in Artell's boots.
Posted via mobile theme
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.52:02.
Powered by vBulletinģ & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13