Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd December 2018, 15.36:12   #91-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ricketts was "indecisive" over his future in call - 'A lot of making up' if he stays

Just for information purposes..

Originally Posted by Ddraigoch View Post
Spoke to a number of ITK people last night

1. I think the rumour about GB confronting SDR is true as his reasoning was SDR was putting his so called mates at risk of being out of work and they were going really well.
2. There is abject disappointment amongst the backroom staff of the way SDR has gone about his business.
3. SDR has been given everything he has asked the Board for.
4. The Board were flabbergasted when they were contacted by STFC who confirmed they wanted to approach SDR and they knew the release clause and were prepared to meet it.
5. Questions were asked of SDR and he was aware of the approach!
6. SDR rang Geraint at 3pm stating it was his right to be at the game!

To my mind the Board have acted entirely properly and denied Ricketts what he obviously craves and that is publicity for himself. I am not sure if they realised how clever a move it was but he may be in a no win situation because his reputation is tarnished, he has nowhere to go if Shrewsbury don't/can't meet his wage demands and his mates have disowned him.

In all if this, the only people sticking up for him are his mates and former players and we all know about their loyalty!

GB has been an absolute epitome of loyalty but by the actions of SDR, he could be out of work by Monday! We could do worse than bringing someone in who is prepared to work with GB

We move on......
Old 2nd December 2018, 15.37:36   #92-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Default Re: Ricketts was "indecisive" over his future in call - 'A lot of making up' if he stays

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAFCExile View Post
I agree 100% with this.

But given fact that Graham Barrow has already spoken with the Board about him not wanting to take over permanently suggests the Board thinks this has gone past the point of no return.
Agree with you on this point. Interesting that some fans would be willing to give Ricketts a second chance, provided he did 10 Hail Mary's and declared his undying love for Wrexham. Whilst few of us know the full truth, I suspect that too much water has flowed down the Gwenfro for his safe return. I could be wrong, but suspect the wheels are already in motion.

Graham Barrow comes across as a 'spade's a spade' type of bloke. He clearly wants to stay at Wrexham, but not as manager. Presumably, he will know many suitable candidates to replace Ricketts, which he can put forward to the Board. I am more confident that GB, CD and JJ can hold the fort short-term, allowing the Board time to get the best man in post for the January window. We have some massive games this month, so we need to repeat last night's performance, but with more goals - yes, those elusive, wee beasties!

In an ideal world, we need someone who has the potential to get us back into the FL, do well in the FL and stay loyal to the club in the process. Maybe 'Mr Illusive' doesn't exist, but I wanted Dennis Lawrence last time, so it will be interesting to see if he shows an interest. Barrow would certainly give him his experience whilst he learnt the ropes.

Makes Brexit seem tame and boring!
Old 2nd December 2018, 15.38:34   #93-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Pigeon Loft

If Ricketts agent blabbed the release fee, a perfectly reasonable thing for an agent to do, then the reporting got ahead of itself, its possible Ricketts is only guilty of having an enthusiastic agent. Even if he had an interview, it only means he was weighing up his options.

I can understand the board's reaction partially, but what did they know that caused the decision? Ricketts surely didn't say he was definitely going, perhaps he admitted to contact with Shrewsbury prior to approval. Its difficult to understand what the board reacted to, surely not a press story?
Old 2nd December 2018, 15.41:45   #94-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congy Red View Post
If Ricketts agent blabbed the release fee, a perfectly reasonable thing for an agent to do, then the reporting got ahead of itself, its possible Ricketts is only guilty of having an enthusiastic agent. Even if he had an interview, it only means he was weighing up his options.

I can understand the board's reaction partially, but what did they know that caused the decision? Ricketts surely didn't say he was definitely going, perhaps he admitted to contact with Shrewsbury prior to approval. Its difficult to understand what the board reacted to, surely not a press story?
The board's reaction was 100% spot on - they were only reacting to what had happened. Shrewsbury leaking stuff kick started the social media frezy. The board then, without assurances from SR that he was staying, only had one option.
Old 2nd December 2018, 15.51:00   #95-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
Just watched interview what a top man Barrow is, should stipulate whoever comes in needs to work with him
Agree - Graham Barrow is coming out of this with top marks - Ricketts is now lower than a snakes belly and makes the Walsall Gnome look a saint.

Barrow might not want to be considered for the managers role but I hope he stays - proper footballing man with bags of experience - perhaps without the support of the likes of Barrow, Darlington and co Ricketts might not turn out to be as good as he thinks.
Old 2nd December 2018, 15.51:29   #96-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

29 minutes 30 seconds in.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KngZSltAjm4
Old 2nd December 2018, 16.04:53   #97-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congy Red View Post

The mole it seems came from the leak to the Shropshire star ie screws side
Old 2nd December 2018, 16.08:34   #98-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Fk sake ricketts is a cnut move on and get some manager in quick
Old 2nd December 2018, 16.13:56   #99-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexhamO View Post
29 minutes 30 seconds in.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KngZSltAjm4
All fun and games to everyone their
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.29:34.