Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th February 2019, 16.35:26   #55-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend
Twitter: @

Default Re: Max Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Thanks. That was my understanding. Without a sponsor we struggle to fund it; but how do Chester cope?

Promotion is so vital for many, many reasons.
For me this warrants a separate push with North wales businesses who may not want to sponsor the first team but would be willing to sponsor the COE.
Old 14th February 2019, 16.44:50   #56-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
For me this warrants a separate push with North wales businesses who may not want to sponsor the first team but would be willing to sponsor the COE.
When I was at the centre and they looked for a sponsor of the centre it was said that anymoney had to go into the first team first until their target figure was meet.
Not sure if this is still the case
Old 14th February 2019, 18.02:10   #57-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand

Quote:
Agree fully on this. Might even be an argument in future that Red passion helps sponsor youths rather than the firsts given the clear lack of funds diverted their way.
2 key points of a good youth system -
1.Over 16s can be sold on.
2.Good enough players can supplement the first team squad - arguably better option than the ridiculously high loanee numbers. Will also ultimately save money as home grown products will be on lower wages than the non league journeymen currently signing.
A few years ago there was a director specifically responsible for youth development - do we still have one as questions/suggestions clearly need putting to him.Arguably more need for youths if still in Conference when Ward money has gone as will not be able to pay as high wages as now. At moment seems all eggs in first team basket but with no contingency seemingly if fail to gain promotion. Worrying.

Last edited by Rob Edwards; 14th February 2019 at 18.07:17..
Old 14th February 2019, 18.08:57   #58-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
Agree fully on this. Might even be an argument in future that Red passion helps sponsor youths rather than the firsts given the clear lack of funds diverted their way.
2.Good enough players can supplement the first team squad - arguably better option than the ridiculously high loanee numbers. Will also ultimately save money as home grown products will be on lower wages than the non league journeymen currently signing.
We used to sponsor 2 teams @ £1500 each.
I think it needs bigger thoughts on this now. As I said look for a separate sponsor, maybe 1 per year group. Surely this warrants someone working on this outside club sponsorship.
Old 14th February 2019, 18.36:02   #59-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
A few years ago there was a director specifically responsible for youth development - do we still have one as questions/suggestions clearly need putting to him.Arguably more need for youths if still in Conference when Ward money has gone as will not be able to pay as high wages as now. At moment seems all eggs in first team basket but with no contingency seemingly if fail to gain promotion. Worrying.
Don used to come to the centre the most. Regardless of what others said they didn’t!!! And some have shown a little bit more interest of late I believe but that was only because of what was put on here.
The centre always has a final fixture at the racecourse where all teams play and non of the board use to show up!
I put on here just before Ricketts left he had no interest in the YT and didn’t go to the Chester game but I got abuse for that! Then a few weeks later the ones who abused me turned on Rickets because he left 😂 anyway if the first team manager shows no interest it shows nothing is being pushed from above
Old 14th February 2019, 19.04:25   #60-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand

Quote:
We used to sponsor 2 teams @ £1500 each.
I think it needs bigger thoughts on this now. As I said look for a separate sponsor, maybe 1 per year group. Surely this warrants someone working on this outside club sponsorship.
Might be ambitious but would be be a coup if could get a local ex pro like Robbie Savage or Mark Hughes to sponsor the COE. Would be good for COE and good PR for ex pro. Might Bryan Hughes know Robbie Savage with Birmingham links?
Is very ambitious but sometimes if you don't ask you don't get.
Old 14th February 2019, 19.10:44   #61-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Sad news.

Is this through neglect or a deliberate decision? Seems we need someone at Board-level to answer a few questions about what our long-term development strategy is.
Sadly PD I think this particular horse has bolted, no need for any rhetoric. The strategy has been and is there for all to see. Fingers crossed it starts to work sooner rather than later.
Old 14th February 2019, 20.37:24   #62-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrex07 View Post
Don used to come to the centre the most. Regardless of what others said they didn’t!!! And some have shown a little bit more interest of late I believe but that was only because of what was put on here.
The centre always has a final fixture at the racecourse where all teams play and non of the board use to show up!
I put on here just before Ricketts left he had no interest in the YT and didn’t go to the Chester game but I got abuse for that! Then a few weeks later the ones who abused me turned on Rickets because he left 😂 anyway if the first team manager shows no interest it shows nothing is being pushed from above
Not surprised at all, none of the current lot are interested one bit unless one of these lads makes the club some money or does well for himself elsewhere.

Doesn't look like joining the FAW academy system will happen anytime soon despite the protections it could offer!
Old 14th February 2019, 21.15:26   #63-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Might be ambitious but would be be a coup if could get a local ex pro like Robbie Savage or Mark Hughes to sponsor the COE. Would be good for COE and good PR for ex pro. Might Bryan Hughes know Robbie Savage with Birmingham links?
Is very ambitious but sometimes if you don't ask you don't get.
Only worth it if the board, club, fans and staff are properly invested. Said it before and worth saying again but look at the pride Chester take in their kids and success, big crowds for national cup last season and FA youth cup this, fans taking pride in their players, recent success financially selling one on for £175k.
A head coach who is stupidly enthusiastic and has full support of his club and fans. All helps persuade lads to stay and be loyal.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.02:47.