Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

View Poll Results: Would you support the sale of Wrexham AFC?
Yes 207 61.06%
No 40 11.80%
Only a % stake 92 27.14%
Voters: 339. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd December 2019, 21.12:33   #131-0 (permalink)
joe
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale
Twitter: @

Default Re: Would you support the sale of Wrexham AFC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
Ask yourselves what 100% fan ownership has achieved? Yep, nothing, nothing at all, apart from continuous failure. Imagine if we hadnít had any cash windfalls during that time? Itís failed, weíre bottom of the conference training on a park field. The club is in complete disarray and these clowns continue to hold on to power. Itís a disgrace and theyíre worst than Moss and Hamilton. I really Hope life is made very uncomfortable for the board on Sat because theyíre an absolute disgrace. Anyone who thinks they have a right to stop me venting my anger, without personal abuse can kiss my arse.
Iíve said this about the windfalls. They got lucky with the football team and some youngsters they inherited - Cup run, Wembley, player sales all off the spine of a team under a different regime. Imagine they inherited a mid table side with no youth prospects.
Old 2nd December 2019, 21.20:16   #132-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
Iíve said this about the windfalls. They got lucky with the football team and some youngsters they inherited - Cup run, Wembley, player sales all off the spine of a team under a different regime. Imagine they inherited a mid table side with no youth prospects.
A lot of those revenue streams have now been turned off. Think a fair bit of credit was taken by the board for raising some of those lucky pots of cash. Not doubting the effort that went into the initial steadying of the ship but the make up of both boards very different during the most successful days of current model.

Be interesting to see the dynamic between club amd trust board. Feels like the tail wagging the dog at times.
Old 2nd December 2019, 23.35:28   #133-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: On my backside usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruabon Red View Post
Exactly. The first task is to get to a position where making a change is achievable within the current constitution.

It would be interesting to see - in light of the worsened league position and greater publicity as a result - the response to a new properly formulated and considered call for an EGM.
I agree. I am not rubbishing views on what did or did not happen in the past, if the budget was increased or not, etc but we really do need to focus on what is achievable in the here and now.

I see an EGM as the only practical way forward but if there are any better ideas I'd like to hear them.

Protest if you like but I think the board will feel with some justification (to themselves at least) they can withstand that pressure. Their failure to properly engage has shown us that time and time again. I think they will attempt to weaponise protests to portray the protesters in a bad light.

If we are going to fight, as PG says on another thread, then we need to make sure we are not going to lose. Cunning is needed not crude confrontation.

EGM back on the agenda ASAP ?
Old 3rd December 2019, 08.02:44   #134-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: yale stand

as much as i do not want to become a member and detest the politicisation (if thats a real word) of our football club, i am prepared to become a member in order to vote for egm and to vote for thye club or the majority of the club being sold to a decent business person.
the majority of SUCCESSFUL businesses and football clubs are run by a certain type of person, they are successful people, usually with a ruthless streak but good at organising and creating profits and motivating individuals.
Be honest now would any of the board/trust directors, be director of a football club if the had not usurped control pf the club and then used dubious means to remain and to have like minded people voted alongside them, would any of our directors be a director of a successful business, the answer to those two questions is why we have had a gradual demise, the "successes" we have seen are minimal to that of other league clubs who have made the drop into non league and then passed us by on the way back to the league in a fraction of the time, and they have done so with successful business people at the helm, if our board/wst want to regain any respect from individuals such as myself and many others then they should approach suitable successful business people with a view to taking control
Old 3rd December 2019, 08.10:37   #135-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon4012 View Post
The biggest gripe is we are shiiite. Clearly a good manager gets better results. I didn't hear too many moans about the ownership model when ricketts had us playing well. People want to see us play half decent football and chase promotion. Absolute madness in management choice has been the issue for me, not the ownership model.
The ownership model made those decisions though e.g. appoint Hughes for sentimental reasons.

Plus it has been proved for many seasons that the ownership model does not give us enough money to consistently compete at the top end of this league.
Old 3rd December 2019, 08.16:47   #136-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
The ownership model made those decisions though e.g. appoint Hughes for sentimental reasons.

Plus it has been proved for many seasons that the ownership model does not give us enough money to consistently compete at the top end of this league.
The people on the board made that decision, not the ownership model. As for your second point; Iím less sure - we came close last season despite the amount of money wasted on paying off managers/assistants, ridiculously poor signings, and so on.
Old 3rd December 2019, 08.18:53   #137-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
I voted Yes but with a big But.

I think the WST would need to retain a stake and seat in the board. We aren't bottom of the league because we are fan owned, any more than we were challenging for top spot last season because we were fan owned.

More pressing than just selling (and selling to the wrong person would be disastrous) is changing the people at the top. The current board is responsible for the current plight as much as Hughes or anyone else. There should be accountability there and they should resign their positions.
I think something like a Bryn Law, Barrie Horne , Don Bircham Led consortium would be a dream come true , Fans +football people , who know the Club inside out .
Old 3rd December 2019, 08.24:52   #138-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: yale stand

i do not understand why we are unable to make better quality signings, managerial and players, look at the windfalls we have had, taylor, moult, ward and being the best or second best supported team in the division.
paying off all debts was a mistake, it seems we have been unable to make decent signings since, yes out of debt but unable to operate, but we have recieved large amounts of money and have a fan base that other clubs could only dream of and still we can not sign decent players or managers, the ownership model is to blame in part we need a single appropriate business minded person in charge, making all the decisions, perhaps with co0nsultation with fans etc, fan owned model is a nice dream but put in practice is a pipe dream as we have found out by the gradual demise of our club
Old 3rd December 2019, 08.25:53   #139-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
The people on the board made that decision, not the ownership model. As for your second point; Iím less sure - we came close last season despite the amount of money wasted on paying off managers/assistants, ridiculously poor signings, and so on.
The ownership model - fans on the board - directly led to a sentimental, heart ruling head, decision to appoint Hughes. Would we have appointed a manager with a CV like that if he was not an ex player?

We didn't come that close in the end as we failed at the first hurdle of the playoffs, more importantly that was a one off and the first time we made the playoffs since 2013, so clearly we cannot compete. The fact that we have had one striker since Danny Wright left (in 2013 too, there is a pattern here) proves we cannot afford the players needed to fire us to promotion.
Old 3rd December 2019, 08.45:15   #140-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon4012 View Post
The biggest gripe is we are shiiite. Clearly a good manager gets better results. I didn't hear too many moans about the ownership model when ricketts had us playing well. People want to see us play half decent football and chase promotion. Absolute madness in management choice has been the issue for me, not the ownership model.
But these decisions are the results of the ownership model. You quote Rickets but that was pure luck and is proving to be the exception to the rule.
People in place for too long on the board and desperate to cling onto their power no matter what. Appointed Hughes only because of sentiment, their decision making in general not just managers has been warped for a while now, look at the disgraceful treatment of the DSA.
The jobs for the boy mentality is also rife, you only have to look as far as Pep Darlington to see that.
I can't believe this is all having to be pointed out, the evidence is damning and cannot be disputed. Fan ownership has only brought failure, arguments and now a divided fan base with thousands not dropped of the attendance.

Last edited by Phils-an-alki; 3rd December 2019 at 08.47:26..
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.30:02.