Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd December 2019, 17.15:40   #37-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: wst 3920
Twitter: @

Default Re: Carl Hogan - Co-Opted Board Member

Another clown for the circus.
Old 22nd December 2019, 17.49:21   #38-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffy View Post
Thanks for the considered reply Carl.
A sensible and coherent piece in the face of a howling gale
Thank you for your carefully considered responses here Carl and for your time serving the club that we all love. It is very sad that criticism becomes personal, we all support Wrexham Fc . Look after yourself and enjoy the holiday and here’s hoping our upturn in form begins again on Boxing Day COYR
Old 22nd December 2019, 18.06:11   #39-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Hi Carl,

I can assure you first and foremost that there is absolutely nothing personal about our correspondence. However, answers need to be found and sadly the very first question that had to be asked was if the board received all the questions or not. Thank you for answering that.

In regards to the board member comments I had it confirmed to me that you were a co-opted board member by someone very close to the club. If they and I are mistaken then I apologise for that.

I have been a long time supporter of the work the media team do and despite what you may believe I think you all do a fantastic job. Especially given that the media team is self-funded.

Thank you for the answers to the remaining questions. My apologies if the tone of the emails were stern but you can imagine my frustration at getting zero direct answers from 81 questions. Especially given that I have collated questions from other supporters I feel a need to find answers for them.

I will be posting your answers on red passion as well as some of the things you’ve mentioned here unless you object to it within a short time frame.

You have provided the fans with answers and you deserve credit for that.

I wish you all the best and I hope you’ll reconsider your resignation.

We need a clean slate, answers from the club, resolutions to the answers and everyone then pulling together. Hopefully you’ll still be part of the club when we start pushing forward

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Sincerely,
Above is my email back to Carl

He deserves huge credit for answering the questions. I’m sadden to see the personal abuse Carl has got on here.

Now that Carl has kindly answered the questions, and I understand his reasons for not doing so, we can now push forward and ask the operational board why they chose to ignore so many important questions.

Again my apologies to Carl as it’s clearly not pleasant to be criticised in public like I have done to him but he also deserves a huge amount of credit for his open, honest and professional response. If more people at the club had the same professionalism as Carl the questions would already have been answered and we’d be pushing forward together.
Old 22nd December 2019, 18.12:42   #40-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: on a seat

All us supporters want is the truth as to what is going on with the club not white washed bullshit
Old 22nd December 2019, 18.13:34   #41-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

To pick up on this bit, which is the thread title;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Team View Post
I am not a co-opted board member of the WAFC or WST board. I was offered a co-opted position on the WST board to build a programme to improve communications from board level, but I decided to refuse that offer. Ironically I don't want to be at board level at the football club due to the heavy weight of scrutiny it entails, and it's something I always said I would not consider. Hence the reason I turned it down.
Confusion could come from WST Board meeting 28 August 2019 minutes:

"CH had accepted the invitation to join the board in a non- voting capacity as set out in SHs post on the forum"

There is no further detail on that.

I have just looked through a few minutes and spotted this from WST Board meeting 31 July 2019

"AF had drafted a suggested job description on the Forum. PJ had spoken with Carl Hogan. The meeting discussed the various options but agreed that improved communications was a priority.
VOTE: Proposed by SH seconded by MW it was agreed unanimously that the role of Club Media Manager would be expanded to cover all Club and Trust business (but would cover communications not marketing) and that CH would be invited to attend trust board meetings in a non-voting capacity and would be part of the communications group led by SH.
ACTION: SH to speak with CH about the role.

From that it could be seen as 'attending' meetings, but the a month later the outcome states 'join the board'.

I could join the board for a cuppa, but in the context of formal minutes it would be harsh to have a go at any fan to see 'join the board' as anything but 'join the board'.

As I posted on WST Board majority vote to fire Hughes - Club Board not involved? there is an unexplained (for me anyway) clash with Governing Board and Operational Board Policy 8.1 on the process, but also as Carl says no clarity on him not voting in those minutes, and later in the thread I go back to a previous set that shows that.

The minutes shows four group, Present, Apologies, Chair and Independent Secretary.

To take the report on the sacking of the manager, the first item of business is "VOTE: Proposed by SSH & seconded by GJ it was resolved unanimously to approve the
minutes, as amended, by those who had been present"

The second item, firing Hughes, is explained as: "VOTE There were two options proposed: in favour of retaining BH with an experienced assistant or in favour of relieving him of his duties. Relieving BH of his duties was passed by a majority vote."

There is no 'by the Board' or 'by those eligible to vote' or a split of 'Present' and 'Non-Board members present' etc which could be added for complete clarity in future?

Edit: Carl did says "As such, I do not have any voting rights, and the record should have showed this and I'm disappointed it doesn't."

As above, I feel it is very harsh on fans (and Carl) if they get blamed for interested fans getting the wrong end of the stick for reading these documents in good faith.

Last edited by Rob; 22nd December 2019 at 18.15:07..
Old 22nd December 2019, 18.27:37   #42-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Exec Box

Default Re: Carl Hogan - Co-Opted Board Member (No - he declined)

It Appears to me more, Smoke And Mirrors from the Top Table. They are doing anything to deflect the fact that they are failing miserably. Genuine well meaning folks are being drawn into the Mud slinging because that way the heat/anger is not being directed at them. It is getting Murkier and Murkier by the second.
Old 22nd December 2019, 18.33:38   #43-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Thanks Carl! Definitely agree with you that it was unfortunate the minutes didn’t make it clear that you weren’t voting in the meetings. Also want to thank you for the job you’ve done with the media team, and it’s good to know that you passed all questions on - as someone who contributed to the 81 I’m pleased to hear the board at least had the opportunity to have answered them if they’d wanted to do so.
Old 22nd December 2019, 18.38:08   #44-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: 105r

Carl
Apologies for jumping the gun. Should have known better where to point the gun ,very sorry B red
Old 22nd December 2019, 19.21:21   #45-0 (permalink)
User

Racecourse Spot: Paddock of course

we need more additions like Carl to the board, who can sort out the mischief makers and let the true fans ask questions, its been a very worthwhile exercise and has laid to rest many of the halftruths and Chinese whispers the bullshitters with their silly agenda come out with
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.24:34.