Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th March 2020, 10.17:09   #10-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Virtual Coronatickets if matches are not public?

It's not flu... Flu will continue to recycle itself every year, sometimes worse sometimes better from one year to the next.

We are hit less severely by flu because we produce vaccines based on Australian flu strains from previous year which proves mostly effective in staving off the worst for the majority of people.

If anything the media have downplayed the outbreak in China and Italy. Might be political and might not... But the world health organisation does not declare a global pandemic on a whim.

I would probably lean towards the WHO for my facts than football fans writing this off as nothing more serious than a headcold. It is serious, and its probably time we all treated it as such.
Old 12th March 2020, 10.19:12   #11-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

You cannot compare the flu to the Corona virus... It's now a pandemic and no cure, this country is pathetic as usual people are arriving on a plane from Italy no checks nothing, of just one person on that plane has it and they could all now have it as planes are great for spreading viruses, like cruise ships. 2 more cases today in West Kirby on the Wirral just arrived back from Italy, what's one of the first things you do when you get back from Holiday? Go to the shop for milk & bread.

As to thinking only elderly get it their is young people in intensive care in Italy with no previous health problems.
A leading Italian doctor said they have a thousand intensive care beds and they don't have enough to cope and are having to make decisions on who has the best chance of survival, in other words play God.

What do we do isolate yourself and phone 111 a man on TV last night did that and you just get nowhere.

Sorry to go off on this tangent just pointing out ignorance comparing it to flu which is a long established virus, this one is only just taking off.

As to the football it was that quiet last Saturday in the ground it was like behind closed doors.
Old 12th March 2020, 10.35:21   #12-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by -luke View Post
It's not flu... Flu will continue to recycle itself every year, sometimes worse sometimes better from one year to the next.

We are hit less severely by flu because we produce vaccines based on Australian flu strains from previous year which proves mostly effective in staving off the worst for the majority of people.

If anything the media have downplayed the outbreak in China and Italy. Might be political and might not... But the world health organisation does not declare a global pandemic on a whim.

I would probably lean towards the WHO for my facts than football fans writing this off as nothing more serious than a headcold. It is serious, and its probably time we all treated it as such.
Just lol.It's no different to any other seasonal virus that's done the rounds the past millions of years that sadly kills vulnerable people.That's life....or death.

It's only a panic because that's what keeps the media in a job.

What I can't believe is so many people are believing the hype

I'm not saying it isn't happening but the scale has to be taken into context.

The WHO predicted 65,000 UK deaths from swine flu in 2009.

Final death toll 427.

Let's just get a grip ffs
Old 12th March 2020, 10.35:44   #13-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

For those who want a general corona-chat there is a well active thread in Offtopic forum - RedPassion.co.uk - Wrexham
Old 12th March 2020, 10.41:00   #14-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by -luke View Post

I agree with this and WHO is already saying we are too late to implement social distancing, estimates suggest that tens of thousands will have as yet undetectable Covid-19 due to the delay in showing symptoms. China had implemented Social distancing in Wuhan when it had less cases than the UK has now. Countries who suffered with SARS learnt from it and have dealt with this much more effectively.
It is easy to say “it’s just flu” as it may feel like a flu or a bad cold to those of us who are young and healthy but I’m sure we all have elderly and / or vulnerable relatives and I am concerned for members of my family
Old 12th March 2020, 10.52:04   #15-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
Just lol.It's no different to any other seasonal virus that's done the rounds the past millions of years that sadly kills vulnerable people.That's life....or death.

It's only a panic because that's what keeps the media in a job.

What I can't believe is so many people are believing the hype

I'm not saying it isn't happening but the scale has to be taken into context.

The WHO predicted 65,000 UK deaths from swine flu in 2009.

Final death toll 427.

Let's just get a grip ffs
I am so thankful you are not my doctor. Just wow. What a clown.
Old 12th March 2020, 11.16:10   #16-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Cold Road Stand

If the league ended now, what would happen would the league just finish no promotion or relegation. Or would the position's stand which would cause a hell of a lot of problems.
Old 12th March 2020, 11.26:03   #17-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagg View Post
If the league ended now, what would happen would the league just finish no promotion or relegation. Or would the position's stand which would cause a hell of a lot of problems.
It would end up in court more than likely. Teams in the relegation zones and promotion zones would be up in arms.

Only real alternative is either play behind closed doors or move whats left of the season into the Summer. That could have implications though with player contracts though.
Old 12th March 2020, 11.39:41   #18-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @mikesutto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagg View Post
It will have to be considered soon I fear as overreaction or not I see La Liga have suspended games for 14 days, they aren't even playing behind closed doors. Can't see the season resuming in Spain.

The first step may be to play behind closed doors (I have a feeling Barrow on Saturday will be our last game spectators can go to) but it may then escalate to full on suspension.

Any lockdown is of course likely to be unenforcable; see Italy were people have still been going en masse and queuing in supermarkets or driving out of the Lombardy zone or the big crowd outside the stadium at the behind closed doors PSG/Dortmund match but in the something must be (seen) to be done environment we live I doubt the UK govt will maintain current position much longer and suspect season will not be completed.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.01:16.