Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st June 2020, 15.35:19   #217-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Donation drive launched UTST | UNITE TO SAVE THE TOWN

When it became more and more about the WST egos rather than the success of the football it was inevitable the historically wonderful support would slowly drain away along with the willingness to keep funding a regime that has proved it does not have what it takes to lead our club away from mediocrity.
Old 1st June 2020, 16.55:04   #218-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
Not that far removed from the old shareholding system before one man decided to run around town and buy up all the small shareholders in order to gain his majority -
Some wise shareholders didn't sell, but not enough.

True,
Pryce had the money to tempt the sale. Law of sale. What's your best price ?
Great that you didn't sell. But sadly not enough like you and back then the idea of a supporters trust didn't even exist. It was Brian Lomax who started that very wave at Northampton

At the end of the day we have to let all this stuff go. History is super important to Wrexham AFC, but we need to learn to re focus on all the good stuff in our history and not all the bad stuff.

That's how we survive, spreading the love and not the pain. It's a simple theory but an important and powerful one.
Old 1st June 2020, 17.29:04   #219-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Kiwi View Post
True,
Pryce had the money to tempt the sale. Law of sale. What's your best price ?
Great that you didn't sell. But sadly not enough like you and back then the idea of a supporters trust didn't even exist. It was Brian Lomax who started that very wave at Northampton

At the end of the day we have to let all this stuff go. History is super important to Wrexham AFC, but we need to learn to re focus on all the good stuff in our history and not all the bad stuff.

That's how we survive, spreading the love and not the pain. It's a simple theory but an important and powerful one.
No I dont refer to PG purchases.

The share grab I refer to ,if that is the correct term, was a good few years before that. It effectively broke up the small shareholders group which acted as a monitoring group - always in the best interests of the club.

Re the late Brian Lomax , yes met him with great discussions about the pros and cons of fan ownership.
Back in the day, as I recall he had good support from Andy Burnham. (Gladys St season ticket holder who won't talk politics at a football match)

Sorry I am rambling

Last edited by Inside Left; 1st June 2020 at 17.30:59..
Old 1st June 2020, 18.37:08   #220-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
No I dont refer to PG purchases.

The share grab I refer to ,if that is the correct term, was a good few years before that. It effectively broke up the small shareholders group which acted as a monitoring group - always in the best interests of the club.

Re the late Brian Lomax , yes met him with great discussions about the pros and cons of fan ownership.
Back in the day, as I recall he had good support from Andy Burnham. (Gladys St season ticket holder who won't talk politics at a football match)

Sorry I am rambling

Interesting thanks, but same difference really. Whatever and whoever the share grab was. Think you can only be referring to Fred. We can only learn by these things in the past as we can't change them. We can choose to remember the good history rather than the bad, as that is what can unite us as a club rather than divide us.

Brian was a lovely man and I took his portrait and interviewed him for a book called FANDOM that i am creating with Paolo Hewitt the author. Yep Andy Burnham was a good friend of Brians but have never met him so can not judge. I never trust what I see or read in a paper.

When I talk about the power of love and compassion some posters seem threatened by it. Which seems bizarre really as when our players score a goal our fans love them for it and the players and fans hug each other. If there was more hugging between us and less keyboard warrior ranting, then we would start to get somewhere and build unity as a club.

Thats my simple principal, we can either chose to love or we can chose to hate.

I know through observation the difference that love can make to people and brands all around the world. The reason for all the current problems in America is simply the difference between love and hatred. I believe love always wins over hate in the end. The principal is learning to love first, and to have that in your heart, then you need to love yourself.

I feel the current board of WST and the Club needs to proactively show a lot more love for all viewpoints held by the fans. Any process for change requires a genuine humility to simply say sorry for the many things that have gone wrong. It is their responsibility to take this first step as they currently hold the power of authority for the club.

Then hopefully that process of reflection will encourage those fans who do feel so alienated by them to want to try to help them so we can all move forward together. Sacking people or resignations are a quick fix and may be justifiable but we will still need to find the right people to carry our club forward.

We are in grave danger as a club because of the financial effect of Covoid-19 so it is a critical time to find a solution to our divisions.

We will certainly fail as a club if we remain divided. The players will feel that negative energy on their backs every time they step out onto the pitch. Only by uniting as a fan base can we actually save our club.

The WST/Club needs to listen to the fans ideas to make positive change and then find a workable solution to act on them. That process will then create a sense of empowerment and a collective voice.

Any plan also needs some ambition and outside the box thinking rather than just holding on to a old territorial defensive mindset.

Will have another months break from RP but hope this helps in some way.
Old 1st June 2020, 21.48:47   #221-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Kiwi View Post
Interesting thanks, but same difference really. Whatever and whoever the share grab was. Think you can only be referring to Fred.
Freudmann. Mytton.
Old 2nd June 2020, 08.16:00   #222-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Wish people would stop announcing that they are 'taking a break from RP'.

Just do it, you don't need to announce it to everyone simply because no one cares either way.
What do you want exactly? A load of posts begging you not to go?

Attention seeking drivel.
Old 2nd June 2020, 08.24:19   #223-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Wish people would stop announcing that they are 'taking a break from RP'.

Just do it, you don't need to announce it to everyone simply because no one cares either way.
What do you want exactly? A load of posts begging you not to go?

Attention seeking drivel.
I am taking a temporary break from RP to do some gardening, and search for some much needed love.

Pointless begging because Mrs PD has given me that look!
Old 2nd June 2020, 08.27:04   #224-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
I am taking a temporary break from RP to do some gardening, and search for some much needed love.

Pointless begging because Mrs PD has given me that look!
I'm sure Welsh Kiwi can sort you out with some love, he seems to think its the answer to everything. God, imagine being that naïve.
Old 2nd June 2020, 08.35:49   #225-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
I'm sure Welsh Kiwi can sort you out with some love, he seems to think its the answer to everything. God, imagine being that naïve.
Sorry PAA to dent your perception of WK, but he is far from being naïve. The truth is more that we have all become too cynical in our dotage.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.44:54.