Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

View Poll Results: How would you like the future ownership of Wrexham AFC to be?
WST 100% Control 30 12.10%
WST Part Ownership 146 58.87%
Full Sale 68 27.42%
Other. Please State. 4 1.61%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd July 2020, 20.46:02   #217-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Club Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
I would list:

- wiped out our considerable debt, which had endangered our existence
- turned a business making considerable losses each year, which also endangered our existence, into one that breaks even or makes a profit
- secured our stadium on a long terms lease at a very good price, if you factor in the time value of money. We've come a long way from it being sold to the uni and us playing there on a short term deal, unable to profit from any food or drink sales
- built a commercial department essentially from scratch. You couldn't even buy a shirt under our previous owners
- worked in partnership with the Welsh government, WCBC and Glyndwr to secure the land at the back of the Kop and put us on the path to a new stand being built
- Secured land for our own training ground after our previous owners also sold ours
- built relationships and sponsorships with local businesses. Under our previous owners our shirt sponsors didn't pay us anything and none of the advertising boards around the ground had been paid for either

These are all, I think, significant.

I would totally accept that mistakes have been made on the field. Improvements have to be made there. What I don't accept is that fan ownership is the issue.
Many don't see fan ownership as the issue, it's those in charge that are the issue. Who put ideology ie nothing but 100% fan ownership, self preservation and the worst of the lot ego's first.

They don't listen, they won't listen and are increasingly becoming more and more like Moss & Roberts. Oh the irony of that.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 2nd July 2020 at 20.48:43..
Old 2nd July 2020, 20.58:01   #218-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
Many don't see fan ownership as the issue, it's those in charge that are the issue. Who put ideology ie nothing but 100% fan ownership, self preservation and the worst of the lot ego's first.

They don't listen, they won't listen and are increasingly becoming more and more like Moss & Roberts. Oh the irony of that.
The biggest gripe for me is the fact they haven't got the the decency to hold their hands up and say, we've failed and we're standing down. If that happened maybe we could salvage a little bit of a supporter owned club but I feel whoever's In charge 100% fan ownership won't get anywhere, it hasn't for eight years.
Old 2nd July 2020, 21.02:12   #219-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
The biggest gripe for me is the fact they haven't got the the decency to hold their hands up and say, we've failed and we're standing down. If that happened maybe we could salvage a little bit of a supporter owned club but I feel whoever's In charge 100% fan ownership won't get anywhere, it hasn't for eight years.
Nobodies going to get involved with this lot, if you had the cash would you? I know I wouldn't, however in a few years with new leaders who listen and show a bit of humility that could all change.

The WST has a long and proud history of not listening to its members since the very beginning, Lyndsay Jones was moaning about it once.
Old 2nd July 2020, 21.21:32   #220-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwe Alexander View Post
Don't talk bollocks. Going to the football is not about being entertained, it's about being part of something bigger, being unified with like-minded people who are there for the love of their team and their town with their friends and family. I don't know the names of everyone around me but I know for 90 minutes on a Saturday afternoon they will all feel the exact same thing as me, will kick every ball and cry every cry. That is more than just being entertained, it's something I could never get at a soulless premier league game, it about belonging to something.

You clearly don't get it though so enjoy the prem
I attend a football match to be entertained by watching two teams compete. I’ll watch football at any level and enjoy it. There are some cracking games in the Welsh prem televised which quality wise are a stark contrast to the premier league.

Wrexham don’t compete. They setup not to lose and hope to nick a goal. They have made random signings, odd coaching/management recruitment decisions for the last few years and brushed numerous incidents off the field under the carpet. They train on a field without even basic toilet faculties. How can we even call ourselves a professional Club? We sign players because they are “cheap” and not because they are good.

You see the football purely a social event. It isn’t. Sport is about winning and not joining hands with random characters from the streets of Wrexham.
Old 2nd July 2020, 21.42:32   #221-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Sugden View Post
You see the football purely a social event. It isn’t. Sport is about winning and not joining hands with random characters from the streets of Wrexham.
Of course it's a social event. If I was only interested in good football and being entertained then I certainly wouldn't have a Wrexham season ticket, but honestly I wouldn't have it any other way. If you're there through the bad times it make the good times all the sweeter.
Old 2nd July 2020, 22.05:52   #222-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
I would list:

- wiped out our considerable debt, which had endangered our existence
- turned a business making considerable losses each year, which also endangered our existence, into one that breaks even or makes a profit
- secured our stadium on a long terms lease at a very good price, if you factor in the time value of money. We've come a long way from it being sold to the uni and us playing there on a short term deal, unable to profit from any food or drink sales
- built a commercial department essentially from scratch. You couldn't even buy a shirt under our previous owners
- worked in partnership with the Welsh government, WCBC and Glyndwr to secure the land at the back of the Kop and put us on the path to a new stand being built
- Secured land for our own training ground after our previous owners also sold ours
- built relationships and sponsorships with local businesses. Under our previous owners our shirt sponsors didn't pay us anything and none of the advertising boards around the ground had been paid for either

These are all, I think, significant.

I would totally accept that mistakes have been made on the field. Improvements have to be made there. What I don't accept is that fan ownership is the issue.
Cartman asked about the last couple of years. Can you name anything in the last couple of years? Just curious not being pedantic
Old 3rd July 2020, 07.39:43   #223-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwe Alexander View Post
Don't talk bollocks. Going to the football is not about being entertained, it's about being part of something bigger, being unified with like-minded people who are there for the love of their team and their town with their friends and family. I don't know the names of everyone around me but I know for 90 minutes on a Saturday afternoon they will all feel the exact same thing as me, will kick every ball and cry every cry. That is more than just being entertained, it's something I could never get at a soulless premier league game, it about belonging to something.

You clearly don't get it though so enjoy the prem
And there lies the problem. This club will go nowhere with owners and two thousand odd people with that attitude who are basically settling for what's on offer.

Of course it's about being entertained, either through a result and a promotion race or a brand of football or God forbid, at this level, maybe both.

I'd suggest many including myself can no longer be arsed to trek up and down the A55. It's no longer something to plan and look forward to, it's become a chore. The feeling of 'we are still here' has gone from making folk proud to making folk angry, and more importantly, the hope that something better is on the horizon has gone. Add in to the mix the stuff that is going on behind closed doors and you can see why folk have had enough with the current set up.

Given what is happening in the world, I'm sure many more have a 'life is too short' philosophy, and will see life as being too short to waste on a club that is giving your average football fan absolutely nothing in return.

There are many alternatives to visiting The Racecourse these days, I'd suggest those that mock others for going elsewhere, if they really want what is best for the club, get on board with why this is happening and how they can be brought back.
Old 3rd July 2020, 10.13:59   #224-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
And there lies the problem. This club will go nowhere with owners and two thousand odd people with that attitude who are basically settling for what's on offer.

Of course it's about being entertained, either through a result and a promotion race or a brand of football or God forbid, at this level, maybe both.

I'd suggest many including myself can no longer be arsed to trek up and down the A55. It's no longer something to plan and look forward to, it's become a chore. The feeling of 'we are still here' has gone from making folk proud to making folk angry, and more importantly, the hope that something better is on the horizon has gone. Add in to the mix the stuff that is going on behind closed doors and you can see why folk have had enough with the current set up.

Given what is happening in the world, I'm sure many more have a 'life is too short' philosophy, and will see life as being too short to waste on a club that is giving your average football fan absolutely nothing in return.

There are many alternatives to visiting The Racecourse these days, I'd suggest those that mock others for going elsewhere, if they really want what is best for the club, get on board with why this is happening and how they can be brought back.
Amen 👏👏👏
Old 3rd July 2020, 10.18:12   #225-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Screw Alexander , you may as well meet up on the corner of King Street and be a people watcher , or in a cafe , be cheaper .

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.33:27.