Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th February 2021, 20.38:41   #10-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: The Kop...I wish!
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ratings vs Woking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catenaccio View Post
I guess one way to look at this is that if you are a professional and the people who pay your wages are part-timers it might just have an affect on your performances.

Even if you don't mean it to it would be hard not to feel demotivated.

All the lads did well tonight.
Their boss is Keates, he's supposed to be the motivator. I think the promise of receiving the extra 20% from furlough would be a bigger motivating factor.
Old 16th February 2021, 20.50:16   #11-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by International View Post
Their boss is Keates, he's supposed to be the motivator. I think the promise of receiving the extra 20% from furlough would be a bigger motivating factor.
That's kind of my point, now there are serious owners who will support them for doing well then they will try that bit harder. Even Keates has an extra motivation to do well now.

Yes, it's his job to get the most out of them and at the club right now he has the most experience to do so. If in the back of his mind he has thought that his bosses are part timers it might be hard to concentrate your mind.

All of a sudden I'm willing to give Keates another crack because I know I wouldn't be able to give my all to a boss who was unaccountable and had been replaced by a boss who could be ruthless in the pursuit of promotion.

Last edited by Catenaccio; 16th February 2021 at 20.54:00..
Old 17th February 2021, 04.37:29   #12-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraigoch View Post

Reckord -7 kept finding acres of space and put in 1 great delivery

Durrell - 6 almost walked the ball back into our area. Will still be hearing the bollocking he got from Carra
Agree with OP but my grief is that crosses into the box were on the main pretty shit, who was it whose cross from the edge of Wokings area ended up nearer to the half way line?

Durrell is proving to be the mistake that many thought he would be. Sadly.
Old 17th February 2021, 06.42:09   #13-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
Dibble 6 routine saves and flapped at the disallowed goal, should of been smashing their centre half

All centre halves 7 solid

Reckord 5 had oodles of time on numerous occasions and only put 1 good ball in, the lad isn’t good enough

RHJ 7.5 decent performance going forward

Young 5 anonymous

Jarvis 8 best player on pitch and nice to see a Wrexham player actually want the ball

Davies 7.5 same as Jarvis and linked up well together

Thomas 5 worked hard but unfortunately not good enough, second touch always a tackle

Angus 7 decent well worked goal and decent finish
So would you if someone slapped you in the face !
I thought Dibble did well and i am no fan of his. Carra also gave the ball away in the first half in a dangerous position but gets 7 ?

Dibble - 7: Typified our performance - solid.
French - 7: I really like this lad who has confidence on the ball at 22
Kelleher - 7: No way Pearson can replace him at present.
Carrington - 6: Did OK and as ever proved himself versatile.
Hall-Johnson - 7.5: Starting to consistently put in good performances Woking really struggled to contain him.
Reckord - 6: Did Ok but feel he could do so much more
Young - 6: Has always given his all in 100 games. Thought he looked better without Harris but still ,for me, seems uncomfortable.
Davies - 8: My MOTM if him and Jarvis can consistently perform then we have a chance. I believe when Harris plays he demands the ball more but this lad has bags more natural ability and does not get automatic Yellow.
Jarvis - 7: Good game and linked well with Davies and also Angus.
Thomas - 6.5: Was well marked by Diarra which gave Angus more space.
Angus - 6.5: Good goal and some good runs. Should keep Ponticelli on the bench.
Durrell 4 Looks lost at the moment and needs management got caught out facing the wrong way which is a cardinal sin.
Old 17th February 2021, 07.54:55   #14-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Dibble (7) Some good saves and no howlers!

French (8) Quick and comfortable on the ball.

Kelleher (8) Strong and good positioning to block most threats. Lack of genuine pace (eg French) is his one chink in the armour.

Carrington (7) A few poor clearances early on, but another good performance whilst stepping in as captain.

Hall-Johnson (8) Still think he would be better as an out-and-out RW in a 4-4-2. Great pace and willingness to take defenders on and then deliver good crosses.

Young (6) Better than of late without contributing quite enough. Good penalty.

Jarvis (8) He has really stepped up to the mark and is now showing just how good a footballer he is. We lost shape when he went off injured. My MOTM.

Davies (7.5) He is different class to most players for much of the game. Comfortable with the ball and great vision to pass the ball either to feet or into space. Still makes the occasional wrong decision, but he’s young and talented, and will only improve. Prefer to see him as an out-and-out LW in a 4-4-2.

Reckord (6) Busy but his deliveries were mostly not good enough. He looked to have more energy tonight.

Thomas (6) Diarra is a good CB, who didn’t allow Thomas as much time and space as he has enjoyed recently. Consequently, his limitations were again evident (poor first touch and lack of pace) but, to be fair, he is now making a positive mark. Ponticelli needs to prove he can come in and play alongside Angus.

Angus (7) He is gradually easing into the role, and his first goal showed how lethal he can be, with great pace and determination. Would eventually like to see a Ponticelli/Angus pairing, but the former has much work to do.

Subs:

Durrell (3) He made a negative impact when replacing Jarvis. Unfit and poor decision making.

Woking were better than I thought, with Diarra keeping up his high standard. Despite their moving the ball well, we kept our shape and played some good football. Yes, we gave the ball away too easily too often, but we are now playing football as a team. We need to keep improving to ensure we stay in the PO zone. Hopefully, those teams around us will have their ‘wobbles’ while we keep winning.

With a potential 22 games to play, anything could yet happen. But it will only be positive if we keep evolving and improving. We must not stand still.

Finally, Ker’s influence on the club seems impressive. Looks as if R&R’s ownership could finally get our club off its arse and moving in the right direction. There will undoubtedly be set-backs, but I think we are now on a journey to the standards and success we all want and the club needs.

Last edited by Prodigal Dragon; 17th February 2021 at 07.57:54..
Old 17th February 2021, 08.06:12   #15-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand (opposite the tunnell)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
Dibble 6 routine saves and flapped at the disallowed goal, should of been smashing their centre half
There centre half was massive, and he clobbered Dibble in the face.

Dibble -7- Half a dozen decent saves you would expect a 'Keeper to make, one really good save with the one V one.

French/Kelleher/Carrington -7- Steady and mostly comfortable.

Hall-Johnson -8- Threat all night going forward, suspect positionally defensively but we have adjusted for that and it is showing....top assist.

Reckord -6- Hit and miss distribution and not as much of a threat as RHJ, but more solid defensively.

Young -6- Quiet and busy, platform for the more technical Midfielders, as it should be.

Jarvis/Davies -7- Showed some real quality in spells, drifted in and out of the game later on...a run of this three man midfield would be good for the rest of the season.

Thomas -6- Won quite a bit in the air and was a constant problem, glad he got clipped for the penalty as he'd ballsed up rounding the 'Keeper.

Angus -7- Nice glimpses but faded as game went on, gets an extra point for the great finish and the key pass that set up the penalty win.
Old 17th February 2021, 08.19:35   #16-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Been very critical of Dibble in the past but since hes come back into the squad I think he in the main has done very well. Most improved player of the season so far?
Old 17th February 2021, 08.44:45   #17-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
Been very critical of Dibble in the past but since hes come back into the squad I think he in the main has done very well. Most improved player of the season so far?
Agree that Dibble is looking much better, game time in a winning team has built his confidence. In the first half he came well off his line above a group of players to gather a ball thrown into the box. Need to see more of this as it gives the defence more confidence too.
Old 17th February 2021, 09.01:23   #18-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Last night was full of huge positives for me, I'm delighted for a number of reasons. Just to contribute my thoughts on ratings:

French - 8 A classic example of French renaissance

Davies - 8 The most technically gifted player at the club

Angus - 7 He was like a bull in a China shop!

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.49:25.