Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20th March 2021, 09.41:59   #91-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: £25m Gateway project - new pictures of possible stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler View Post
Foxy and little jack Horner corner flag his Tory loving mate,will never say anything about the Tories not even about Boris who syphoned £60.000 of public money to do up his tarts flat.
As usual bringing your South Wales labour loving politics into Wrexham yet again. .Get over it mate the Conservatives won the election and Wrexham is a Tories stronghold . If you think that Labour will win the Welsh elections you are more deluded than even I think you are .
Old 20th March 2021, 09.43:41   #92-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Foxy and little jack Horner corner flag his Tory loving mate,will never say anything about the Tories not even about Boris who syphoned £60.000 of public money to do up his tarts flat.
“Beloved Boris “. What the hell are you on about ? In most elections in my life I have voted Labour, occasionally Lib Dem and once Conservative . I am a Europhile (that means I like Europe) centre left voter, Blairite , David Milibandite, Rory Stewartite. I hate nationalism , especially English nationalism. I am proud of Welsh culture but am not a hypocrite and therefore am likewise appalled at many aspects of Welsh nationalism.
Old 20th March 2021, 10.03:51   #93-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Apologies if I have missed it, but is it clear that the £25m includes the cost of the stand?
Old 20th March 2021, 10.04:08   #94-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWelshWayne View Post
So happy to wager. When shall be the cut off date?

What really interesting is £300 million has been earmarked for a more efficient road to England and it's a Tory politician who leading the fight for it not to happen. Then they go on record saying it's a South Wales government they don't spend anything up here.
Oh yeah I mean I'm not actually going to wager...what I mean to say is why are they throwing money at us now after being left to fester for years. If only we'd have looked after the town via smaller, less costly incremental maintenance spending it wouldn't look like a shit tip that's been rented out to a hoarder...now instead of a repaint it's a full renovation job.
Old 20th March 2021, 10.04:45   #95-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner Flag View Post
One or two other observations , where has the builders yard , scout huts and the Post Office sorting centre gone ?
I appreciate that some 9f this will be essential to complete the project but do these land owners know of these plans ?
By the way a new stand for £5M no chance it will cost at least double that amount.
Going rate is £1000 per seat. It'll be more than that as the Kop will need to be turned into aggregate. So it'll be about a million plus £1000 per seat. More if the stand becomes surrounded by buildings.

The design won't happen like that. I don't think it will all get through planning. It needs to be pointed out that there will be more than one developer and investor, who will redevelop their part that they own or part own.

It's cheaper and more profitable for builders and post office to relocate closer to the a483.

The scouts and girl guides would have left over money if they sold their land, bought a larger place, got grants to redevelop (lottery grants currently available for community buildings for £250k) and moved in there ... central station up for sale for a lot cheaper.

Last edited by TheRealWelshWayne; 20th March 2021 at 10.05:54..
Old 20th March 2021, 10.06:41   #96-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Quote:
Your banging your head against a brick wall,Foxy and his Tory cronies, won't give credit for anything the WG do,It's going to get built and all the gateway project will be completed, but they hope that a conservative Welsh government will be in place then they can drool that it was all their work,but it won't happen, when labour win the May election I don't care if it's only by one vote which in a way would be better,just to shut them up.
Criticism of the WAG does not automatically make you a Tory.

I have plenty of complaints about the WAG but will still be voting Labour in May. Hopefully we can keep Plaid out of Government.
Old 20th March 2021, 10.07:05   #97-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: UPPER YALE STAND TOWN END

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCornerFergie View Post
We sold the floodlights for £25 million
To Chester FC.
Old 20th March 2021, 10.16:36   #98-0 (permalink)
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner Flag View Post
As usual bringing your South Wales labour loving politics into Wrexham yet again. .Get over it mate the Conservatives won the election and Wrexham is a Tories stronghold . If you think that Labour will win the Welsh elections you are more deluded than even I think you are .
Welsh Labour will still be in power after the May election
Old 20th March 2021, 10.21:37   #99-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS - Mold End or ERS Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorporix View Post
Criticism of the WAG does not automatically make you a Tory.

I have plenty of complaints about the WAG but will still be voting Labour in May. Hopefully we can keep Plaid out of Government.
Not been called the WAG for years
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.43:40.