Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd September 2021, 06.44:02   #91-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Media Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWelshWayne View Post
I think the figures Newport red gave are similar to the figures, the marketing agency I used to work for charged..

Northwalian dragon is coming from it from the other direction.

What none of us know is what's included in the 5k. or that matter how was the cost apportioned. Eg did mark include a seat on the bus in the budget. You may snigger but that was probably £200+ a season. Hotel Accomodation and meals are probably another £1k. Did they charge out a home game seat with electric £300 etc. Did he charge out desk space?

None of us know.
Unless WAFC budgeting is absolutely ridiculous then I doubt the accommodation and transport came from the media team budget.

I am utterly amazed at the amount of complaints over the quality of content produced and yet the belief that 5k is a remotely reasonable budget for a media team at a club as newly high profile as ours.
Old 22nd September 2021, 06.56:46   #92-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
We are a football club not a multinational. £5000 is more than enough decent equipment and for someone to do their stuff on matchday. It doesn't need to be a paid role, perfect for an aspiring media student at uni to gain experience on the side or even someone who is good at this sort of thing and does it in their spare time.
Do you want good media, or a student project? 5k per season is nothing.

Talk about thinking small.

Last edited by louisleftboot; 22nd September 2021 at 06.58:50..
Old 22nd September 2021, 07.09:02   #93-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportRoadEnd View Post
Unless WAFC budgeting is absolutely ridiculous then I doubt the accommodation and transport came from the media team budget.

I am utterly amazed at the amount of complaints over the quality of content produced and yet the belief that 5k is a remotely reasonable budget for a media team at a club as newly high profile as ours.
The £5k was during the wst running the show.

Most industry standard accounting packages let you apportion costs to a particular department. Helpful.
Old 22nd September 2021, 18.17:27   #94-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportRoadEnd View Post
Sounds like a serious organisation trying hard to please it’s media and it’s stakeholders while driving marketing opportunities. No sports fan north of Brecon should be on Facebook without seeing a Wrexham advert. Perhaps the budget would even pay for some way of monitoring this cess pit, reminding Fleur that she’s got an email from Mikeyyy
We're talking pre-takover the budget was 5k. - certainly, with 2 full-time paid staff the budget has shot up dramatically.

I agree that we're a completely different beast but 5k per year before this takeover was very very healthy. The absolute basics have been neglected. Even with £0 budget on a completely voluntary basis, you'd expect interviews to be exposed and white balanced correctly.

For 5k a year we were being served up this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisleftboot View Post
Do you want good media, or a student project? 5k per season is nothing.

Talk about thinking small.
Utter nonsense. Some of the stuff we've been served up is below a student project standard. Paying out 5k for it is ridiculous. I'd love to know what it's been spent on
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot.jpg (169.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot2.jpg (365.6 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by northwalian dragon; 22nd September 2021 at 18.19:15..
Old 22nd September 2021, 18.29:02   #95-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
We're talking pre-takover the budget was 5k. - certainly, with 2 full-time paid staff the budget has shot up dramatically.

I agree that we're a completely different beast but 5k per year before this takeover was very very healthy. The absolute basics have been neglected. Even with £0 budget on a completely voluntary basis, you'd expect interviews to be exposed and white balanced correctly.

For 5k a year we were being served up this:

Utter nonsense. Some of the stuff we've been served up is below a student project standard. Paying out 5k for it is ridiculous. I'd love to know what it's been spent on
what the fk was that,id missed that little gem,good god 5k for that,where do you start with that effort??
Old 22nd September 2021, 19.24:27   #96-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post

I don’t disagree but Birdy was saying why don’t we get a student in, or a hobbyist for free. That would be crazy and I doubt it would give the quality we deserve.
Old 22nd September 2021, 20.05:48   #97-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
I don’t disagree but Birdy was saying why don’t we get a student in, or a hobbyist for free. That would be crazy and I doubt it would give the quality we deserve.
It's not crazy when you think they would do a better job for free than what we are getting served up atm.

I bet the Grimsby fan's video which was excellent is done by a guy giving his time to the club or at the very least he is getting paid minimal money for it.
Old 22nd September 2021, 20.27:41   #98-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
It's not crazy when you think they would do a better job for free than what we are getting served up atm.

I bet the Grimsby fan's video which was excellent is done by a guy giving his time to the club or at the very least he is getting paid minimal money for it.
Looking at the Grimsby official YouTube, I don’t think it’s just a bloke doing the club a favour.

Last edited by louisleftboot; 22nd September 2021 at 20.29:36..
Old 22nd September 2021, 20.44:02   #99-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
The most frustrating thing is that the absolute basics can be done by literally anyone. There are so many free resources, templates, tutorials, forums etc.

It comes down to a lack of care and low standards

Both Birdy and yourself are right. Free work from students would be ten times the quality of what we've been putting out. But we couldn't get students to do it for free for a whole year though. But with good management we could absolutely thrive off of 5k annually.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.26:49.