Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th September 2021, 07.44:51   #31-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: The Hotel Factor

MichaelP. - are you for real ?
Old 16th September 2021, 07.51:33   #32-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: boys pen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelP View Post
No matter who the manager has been for the last 15 years + . Overnight stays donít seem very successful when you look at games we have stayed in hotels for.

What I couldnít get was the team travelled down on Monday for a game on Tuesday evening.

It used to be that if we had a game in midweek we wouldnít bother with Hotels but if it was a weekend game and involved a lot of mileage a hotel the night before would be a given.

Now even at the cheapest calculations if you take into account the accommodation and food that all staff would need itís a big part of the yearly spend.

Say you have 2 players to one room. = £50 for the room x 8 rooms for a squad of 16 players that would come to = £400

Then you of course have management so say Manager / coaches / Physio etc say another 4 rooms = £200

That comes to £600.

Plus meals and drinks could quite easily have not much change from £1,000 from match preparations as opposed to travelling on day and thatís based on the cheapest accommodation food possible booking in advance.

If you then x that be say = 15 games = £15,000 !!

Now if we were successful then it could be argued money well spent but when more often than not it isnít . Then the money would be much better spent somewhere else?
Where the hell are you coming from?
Old 16th September 2021, 07.51:35   #33-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
No matter who the manager has been for the last 15 years + . Overnight stays donít seem very successful when you look at games we have stayed in hotels for.

What I couldnít get was the team travelled down on Monday for a game on Tuesday evening.

It used to be that if we had a game in midweek we wouldnít bother with Hotels but if it was a weekend game and involved a lot of mileage a hotel the night before would be a given.

Now even at the cheapest calculations if you take into account the accommodation and food that all staff would need itís a big part of the yearly spend.

Say you have 2 players to one room. = £50 for the room x 8 rooms for a squad of 16 players that would come to = £400

Then you of course have management so say Manager / coaches / Physio etc say another 4 rooms = £200

That comes to £600.

Plus meals and drinks could quite easily have not much change from £1,000 from match preparations as opposed to travelling on day and thatís based on the cheapest accommodation food possible booking in advance.

If you then x that be say = 15 games = £15,000 !!

Now if we were successful then it could be argued money well spent but when more often than not it isnít . Then the money would be much better spent somewhere else?
£50 a room ? you don't travel much !
Old 16th September 2021, 08.06:28   #34-0 (permalink)
Binned

Racecourse Spot: ERS / WrexRent
Twitter: @None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner Flag View Post
£50 a room ? you don't travel much !
You can if you book plenty in advance get rooms for £50 at travelodge for example plus if you are block booking rooms you may get corporate discount.

I have stayed at some Travelodgeís over the years and had rooms for £29 , £39 , £49 , £69, £79 etc

But of course if itís more per room itís more expense.

As i say the money is not the be all and end all is points on the board and if hotel visits are not contributing favourably then trial an away game or 2 travelling on the day cannot harm.
Old 16th September 2021, 08.08:11   #35-0 (permalink)
Binned

Aldershot Travelodge Friday 1st October checking out Saturday 2nd October for 2 adults is currently £32.99
https://www.travelodge.co.uk/search/...&action=search

Last edited by MichaelP; 16th September 2021 at 08.09:36..
Old 16th September 2021, 08.21:04   #36-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

This is red passion gold.
Old 16th September 2021, 08.23:57   #37-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
All hotels in England abide by the same rules.
I think you will find there are vast variations. You refer to the Aldershot Travelodge - i have stayed at Travelodges this summer where you would be hard pressed to find any evidence of a pandemic. Very worrying, as Iím sure you would agree. On the contrary I have stayed at other hotels where you have to wear a hamzat suit to get in , and which have one way systems that even Ty Pawb would be proud of.
Old 16th September 2021, 08.26:16   #38-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post
This is red passion gold.
Bit of comic entertainment.
Old 16th September 2021, 08.27:34   #39-0 (permalink)
Binned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
I think you will find there are vast variations. You refer to the Aldershot Travelodge - i have stayed at Travelodges this summer where you would be hard pressed to find any evidence of a pandemic. Very worrying, as Iím sure you would agree. On the contrary I have stayed at other hotels where you have to wear a hamzat suit to get in , and which have one way systems that even Ty Pawb would be proud of.
In Travelodgeís I have stayed in and a friend works in also. There are masks to be worn at all times and the receptions have Perspex screen in front similar to that of bus drivers. As bus drivers donít need to wear masks as they have the Perspex screen. Staff at Travelodge have temperature checks similar to other environment retail etc. Guests are asked to fill in a track and trace. Sanitise and wear face coverings until they get to their room.
Old 16th September 2021, 08.29:11   #40-0 (permalink)
Binned

Also besides if you are comparing apples with Apples look at the goings on at the Racecourse with the concourses etc nobody wearing face coverings or very few.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.00:42.