Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st November 2021, 08.02:58   #19-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale
Twitter: @

Default Re: What are our expectations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHYLRED View Post
Not Bamford's by any chance?
No, below.

10 minutes before half time, got served as the players were coming back out😂
Old 21st November 2021, 08.05:31   #20-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex Limassol Red View Post
No, below.

At least you only had to be subjected to 80 minutes of the performance.
Old 21st November 2021, 08.08:52   #21-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale

Every cloud.
Old 21st November 2021, 08.10:04   #22-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Is this the only game this season we haven’t scored in?
Old 21st November 2021, 08.11:56   #23-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Sugden View Post
I believe so
Old 21st November 2021, 08.12:15   #24-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Sugden View Post
Yes - but you could score in every game and still lose them all.
Old 21st November 2021, 08.15:34   #25-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML1986 View Post
Yes - but you could score in every game and still lose them all.
But if you don’t score you’ll never win?
Old 21st November 2021, 08.15:43   #26-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Moan Road Stand

Prior to season start, my expectation was we would come somewhere between top and 3rd (which means a home semi final in the play offs).

Rome wasn’t built in a day, but we aren’t building Rome. This is football. The amount of money spent on the squad should have meant Real Quality, and it shouldn’t have taken longer than around 12 games for the players to click. Unfortunately we’ve signed some crocks which has meant an unsettled side, through injuries. Even Lainton in and out a lot, although the most recent injury was caused by bravery, not the usual made of glass reasons.

But what the fans are seeing now is a side that plays with more freedom away from home, albeit at two relegation haunted sides, but we did it at Barnet too…..I guess part of the home form problem is some visitors here see it as their trip to Wembley, and or their chance to put one over on the so called Hollywood superstars club. They park the bus, spoil, and try to catch us on the break. I get that, I’m sure everybody does, but what a lot of the 8500 faithful are struggling with, is, we need to do better than this, regardless of visitors who shut up shop. Where is the craft and the endeavour? There’s too many players out there yesterday who underperformed. Too much sideways and backwards passing. In the PL you see it, because there are then midfield outlets to build a dangerous attack after the possession stuff at the back. But when instead our fans are seeing the ball being plodded across the defenders then a hoof ball, hoping someone forty yards away can bring it down and do something with it, isn’t acceptable. As everyone keeps saying, we have no midfield. There were huge gaps between our defence and the front two, at times, yesterday, while the wide men were glued to the touch lines, instead of coming into the middle. There’s a power vacuum there, and we have no one who can put a foot in, either. As soon as the opposition get possession in their midfield, ours are like a dog chasing a Ferrari. No presence at all.

Mullin yesterday was somewhere between Off Form and Frustrated, I think, cos how many goal scoring opportunities are being created for him in the box? It’s almost zero, every home game. We don’t play high up, so there’s an ocean between the defence and Mullin. He has to create his own goals at home, usually worldies, cos he’s feeding off scraps.

R&R are nice guys, and everything they’ve done has been amazing, but they’re not mugs. They’ll be asking what’s going wrong guys? And their documentary was hoped (by them) to be a fairy tale, not a horror show. The story isn’t going well, so far. I think if we had been top seven since the start of November, we wouldn’t be analysing things in the way we are.

For a new squad to gel etc, I think top seven right now would have been just about acceptable, but preferably top five. Of course we aren’t that far off it, if we had won yesterday we were thereabouts. But the performances are a world away from Top Seven, too many fans can see that, and that’s why there’s so much frustration and indeed booing.

We are a professional club, I’d like to know for sure that the players are on the training ground daily, analysing what’s not working.

There’s a cold snap coming now, weather wise, and I fear fans impatience will grow, they’ve worked hard all week, as others have said it’s a working class town….they’ll be at the ground in the cold hoping to see better than we saw yesterday. Too many players go missing, particularly the midfield as we all keep saying.

I don’t think the fans are being unreasonable in hoping to see better quality football and entertainment than Keatesball. Particularly with the money spent on the squad so far. I don’t think the fans expected miracles, but what they hope for is at least the signs, especially at home, that we are set up for, and with the quality to enable, a push for the play offs. Yesterday looked like we aren’t going to make it. I hope a change of tactics, a change of attitude too from some of the players, and three key signings in January, can trigger something more in line with what R&R and all of us were hoping to see this season.

If we don’t go up, ok, we are used to that. But let’s at least look like we are trying for it.

Last edited by WrexSi; 21st November 2021 at 08.19:52..
Old 21st November 2021, 08.38:48   #27-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Bamfords/excutive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex Limassol Red View Post
No, below.

I was in Bamford's and had the same problem, its not like they're not used to having that many people in there!
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.37:01.