Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26th October 2022, 08.21:56   #19-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ratings vs Halifax

Howard - 6 Didnt have much to do, did what he had to without fuss.
Forde - 7 The ball just didnt seem to go down his side in the 1st half, through no fault of his. Another comfortabe display. Top player for me.
MacFazdean - 6 Looked decent in a back 4, beacuse he is a full back. Gets unfair stick in my opinion.
Hayden - 7 ridiculous scoring record, but also had the defensive game last night. Along with Tozer, dragged the team up a level.
Tozer - 8 MOTM for me. Kept trying to add some intensity to what was looking a very below par team performance. Integral in that win, was popping up all over the place in the 2nd half. His heat map would be an interesting one.
Tunnicliffe - 6 Not a ball playing centre back from what I could see, more comfortable cleaning things up.
Young - 7 Busy as usual, had a tough first half as his midfield partners were miles off it.
Jones - 5 Poor for an hour, nothing was coming off for him and shied away from a lot of things in that first half. Grew into the game with a change of formation.
Lee - 5 Summerfield did a good job on him, was never off his back. Which led to Lee having to go out wide to find space. He was then booted all night by Golden.
Palmer - 8 Got a second wind from somewhere and was unplayable at times in that 2nd half. Another one with Tozer and Hayden who dragged the team.
Mullin - 6 Found himself having to drop deeper and deeper because those behind him were playing in slow motion at times.

Davies - 8 Changed the dynamic of the game alongside the formation change. I think he had a point to prove.
Dalby - 7 He looked up for it when he come on, after a dissapointing display at Blyth, Showed some quality touches.
Old 26th October 2022, 08.23:59   #20-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Howard 7

Hayden 6
Tozer 7
Tunnicliffe 6

Forde 6
Jones 5
Young 6
Lee 5
McFadzean 5

Palmer 7
Mullin 6

Davies 8
Dalby 7
Old 26th October 2022, 08.37:39   #21-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
More or less this. I'd increase Hayden's rating as in the absence of Cleworth he was at least trying to make things happen from an attacking point of view.

Didn't think Mullin was anywhere near his best. Great to see JD doing what JD does best and as for Palmer, a herioc performance to help get his teammates out of the deep stuff. MOTM by a county mile.
I think Hayden is fundamentally a defender, and he got beaten by his man several times last night while he continues his streak of games of heading clearances straight to onrushing opposition midfielders.

He’s quality, but he’s not in form at the moment and people giving him 7 and 8 for that performance are doing him a disservice.
Old 26th October 2022, 08.42:47   #22-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-C View Post
Palmer - 9. was incredible for the last 25 mins and we are spoiled brats if we can't take a moment to appreciate how difficult the stuff he makes look easy is.

Tozer - 8. still is to convince me he is good but credit where it is due and if teams come with 1 up front then we need to play 2 at back and my preference was Tunnicliffe and Hayden but Tozer proved me wrong today...

... which again brings me back to biggest issue. Parkinson

Phil Parkinson (preparation and first half) - 0. His obsession with his system dn his "enthusiasm" and "want it more" bollocks annoys the hell out of me when we have the most expensive squad ever assembled at non-league level and he was utterly found out by a very simple Halifax game plan but...

Phil Parkinson (60 mins in +) - 8. Tactical changes worked so credit where it is due.

MacFadzean - FFS Sorry mate just not good enough for our Hollywood project. Bye.
Parky makes the subs that change the game and we ultimately win so we'll bring in a 2 tiered rating system just for him so we can have a dig and give him a zero for the first hour

Unbelievable Jeff
Old 26th October 2022, 09.02:08   #23-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraigoch View Post
Howard 7 - no chance with the pen but did everything else well.

Hayden 7 - gave away the pen but then rose like a salmon to head the third. Has set a very high standard and hasn’t been quite at it since Blyth Spartans.
Tozer 8 - decent but not MOTM for me. If he has meant the goal, it is a great strike.
Tunnicliffe 7 - thought he was decent until pulled for a tactical change

Forde 7 - I thought the rest of them had fallen out with him in the first half but one great run into the box (for which he should have had a penalty) showed what he can do given the ball.
Jones 5 - had a very poor 1st half and kept giving the ball away. His improvement coincided with Halifax running out of steam
Young 8 - was everywhere as usual but like Jones, improved as Halifax tired
McFazdean 6 - couldn’t pass water in the 1st half but improved in the 2nd half and kept us on the front foot.

Lee 5 - not sure if he knew what his role was in the first half and only marginally better in the 2nd

Palmer 9 - threw himself at everything and deserved a goal. Drew others into the game and his 1-2 with JD was delicious. MOTM
Mullin 7 - tried hard and never gave up. His brain and play is so far ahead of others in this league and seemed comfortable when he dropped off the front two when Dalby came on.

Davies 7 - great goal and we looked more balanced when he came on
Dalby 6 - ran the line well with Ollie and his nuisance value helped Hayden score.

PP - changed the game with his subs so credit to him for that. Super Phil Parky!

Ref - allowed far too much shirt pulling, fouling, delaying etc from Halifax but didn’t need him in the end.

Halifax manager - if you’re going to dis us, engage your brain first! ‘Wrexham have a big budget and big crowd but nothing else’
I thought Tozer was good throughout the game, nothing stuck for Palmer first half it just didn’t happen however he grew into the game with a superb bit of play for Jordans goal. On the balance for 90 mins definitely Tozer for me.
Old 26th October 2022, 09.09:53   #24-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Rd

Quote:
Palmer - 9. was incredible for the last 25 mins and we are spoiled brats if we can't take a moment to appreciate how difficult the stuff he makes look easy is.

Tozer - 8. still is to convince me he is good but credit where it is due and if teams come with 1 up front then we need to play 2 at back and my preference was Tunnicliffe and Hayden but Tozer proved me wrong today...

Phil Parkinson (preparation and first half) - 0. His obsession with his system dn his "enthusiasm" and "want it more" bollocks annoys the hell out of me when we have the most expensive squad ever assembled at non-league level and he was utterly found out by a very simple Halifax game plan but...

Phil Parkinson (60 mins in +) - 8. Tactical changes worked so credit where it is due.

MacFadzean - FFS Sorry mate just not good enough for our Hollywood project. Bye.
Need Mendy back ASAP otherwise maybe move Forde across and play Hosannah
Old 26th October 2022, 09.11:45   #25-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige Roberts View Post
I thought Tozer was good throughout the game, nothing stuck for Palmer first half it just didn’t happen however he grew into the game with a superb bit of play for Jordans goal. On the balance for 90 mins definitely Tozer for me.
Palmer was the same at Borehamwood, played miles better as second half evolved and his level of fitness shone through against tiring lumps at the back.
Old 26th October 2022, 09.12:06   #26-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

What I don't understand is how in many games we are like a different team in the second half compared to the first. Night & day at times. Boreham Wood and last night by all accounts being prime examples.

Is that a player or a manager thing? Probably a bit of both.

Cycle seems to be that we are poor first half, hairdryer at HT, tactical change on the hour, impact subs make a difference, fitness levels shine through, get a result late on. And it seems to be working.
Old 26th October 2022, 09.40:58   #27-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige Roberts View Post
Need Mendy back ASAP otherwise maybe move Forde across and play Hosannah
You need a left footer on the left hand side in a 352
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.57:52.