Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th February 2023, 00.29:17   #19-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Rodrigues Red Card Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by hr100 View Post
Yes one game.

Btw for those saying it was correct to be booked for deliberate handball, IFAB actually updated their advice to referees which says that it's only a yellow if it stops a promising attack.
I wonder why they updated their advice, and what kind of decisions they wanted to stop getting yellows. I am assuming it’s not one’s like Saturday as I can’t imagine it happens often enough to merit updating advice.

It seems a bit strange to me as if taken literally if an attacking player by the corner flag recieves a wild pass from a central midfielder that is impossible to control and about to go out for a goal kick, the attacking player is better off jumping (knowing they can’t get a yellow) sticking a finger on the ball and giving the opposition a free kick by the corner flag instead of a goal kick.
Old 6th February 2023, 00.58:55   #20-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
What's your take on the title race HR ?

FWIW I think this is a crunch month. 5 of our next 6 are at home and we catch up one of our games in hand by the end of the month

I think we will be much clearer on the destination of the title in 3 weeks time
2 weeks ago I was sure you would win it. You have this momentum and confidence that I've seen before in promoted teams. There feels little doubt whilst I felt we did have a bit of doubt.

However after Saturday I feel more confident in Notts - we haven't work at Torquay in 20 years and since we came down to the NL there has been a lot of spice between the two teams, they hate that Cameron signed for us and we got beaten 5-1 there last season. Saturday even when down to 10 men we looked assured and confident.

Our co-commentator Mark Stallard said it's like a penalty shoot out between us at the moment and I would agree.

I still think if I had to bet my house on it id say you guys have an edge especially now you've found a way to dig in and win away from home but surely at some point we will both face dropping points and it's who bounces back the quickest from that.
Old 6th February 2023, 02.39:44   #21-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Kop, when it was open. Now my Couch

Quote:
2 weeks ago I was sure you would win it. You have this momentum and confidence that I've seen before in promoted teams. There feels little doubt whilst I felt we did have a bit of doubt.

However after Saturday I feel more confident in Notts - we haven't work at Torquay in 20 years and since we came down to the NL there has been a lot of spice between the two teams, they hate that Cameron signed for us and we got beaten 5-1 there last season. Saturday even when down to 10 men we looked assured and confident.

Our co-commentator Mark Stallard said it's like a penalty shoot out between us at the moment and I would agree.

I still think if I had to bet my house on it id say you guys have an edge especially now you've found a way to dig in and win away from home but surely at some point we will both face dropping points and it's who bounces back the quickest from that.
Since weve been on our long undefeated runs, we've both bounced back, well from a couple of drawn games.
I think the biggest test will be one of us loses a game, that could be quite mentally challenging.
Obviously I hope we win the league and I'm reasonably confident of that. But I must also say what a great spectacle having this nip and tuck race with Notts Co is.
I hate it and love it at the same time.
Old 6th February 2023, 03.33:06   #22-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_holt_dragon View Post
I wonder why they updated their advice, and what kind of decisions they wanted to stop getting yellows.
Deliberate hand balls, that are not from a player trying to cheat his way to an advantage happen in my games all the time.
1. A player decides his teammate should take a throw, but stupidly half overhead tosses it to that teammate on the field who catches it on his way to the sideline.
2. A player expects a foul and puts his hand on the ball to take a quick restart but the whistle never blew or he misheard
3. In games without ball boys, players will occasionally snatch one out of the air so they don't have to go fetch it, not noticing they were still in bounds.
4. Brain farts in midfield going sideways, where a player miscontrols a bouncing ball and swipes his arm at it in frustration.

Despite the guidance, if it was obviously a strategy, I'd still give an unsporting behavior caution for the corner flag scenario you proposed for trickery to circumvent the rules, like how you can't flick a ball up with your feet to head it to your keeper to catch.

Last edited by Reepekg; 6th February 2023 at 03.36:34..
Old 6th February 2023, 06.40:45   #23-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

It’s funny but I feel more confident than I did 2 weeks ago! I currently see it as 55:45 in our favour and that’s because we are the only team guaranteed to win the league if we win every game. However it’s such a tight margin and would have been 50/50 if we didn’t find the winner on Saturday.

It is so close it could just go down to which team is the luckiest, whether that injuries, refereeing decisions or whatever. I’m certain our record for the runners up with the most points will go, I just think we have hogged that record go long enough! One thing I’m fearful of is our record against you in the league is not good since we have both been down here. Would be a good time to get the first win!
Old 6th February 2023, 07.47:03   #24-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Chesterfield , Barnet and Yeovil away are NC's next three games.

From Wrexham perspective you would hope they would be dropping points in some of these games. IMHO Barnet will be the ones best placed to do this.
Old 6th February 2023, 07.56:05   #25-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post

From Wrexham perspective you would hope they would be dropping points in some of these games. IMHO Barnet will be the ones best placed to do this.
We hoped they would from Solihull, Halifax and Torquay, then reality hit!!
Old 6th February 2023, 07.58:04   #26-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: In a red seat
Twitter: @Wonderboywxm

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_holt_dragon View Post
We hoped they would from Solihull, Halifax and Torquay, then reality hit!!
Them sides are in the top 6 for the worse inform teams in the last 10 odd games
Old 6th February 2023, 08.00:39   #27-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderboy View Post
Them sides are in the top 6 for the worse inform teams in the last 10 odd games
We still hoped!!

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.21:42.