Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st February 2023, 21.58:16   #10-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ratings v Scunthorpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn View Post
Lainton - 7 - that save in the 2nd half from the header, Howard doesn't make. First clean sheet at home this calendar year thanks to our #1.

McAlinden 3 - out of position, and struggled immensely
Cleworth 7 - targeted but did his job well. Distribution not great
Tozer - 7 - Solid in defence, distribution poor
Tunnicliffe - 7 - Solid
Hosannah - 6 - Looked dangerous going forwards before going off. Unfortunate.

Young - 5 - 2 excellent efforts on goal but ultimately not his best night. Mostly anonymous.
Jones - 3 - worst I've seen him in a while. Extremely negative with his passing and anytime he tried to play it forwards it didn't pay off. He's better than this but is struggling in an unbalanced midfield.
Lee - 4 - Anonymous. Appeared to go missing for long spells and not involved in any build up play.

Mullin - 8 - 2 penalties won and converted, tried to get things going up front and succeeded without us having any play in midfield. A true star. MOTM.
Palmer - 6 - Thought he did a good job holding the ball up, with little service. Needs to be more clinical with his headed efforts.

Mendy - 6 - Off the pace for the most part due to injury but still looked a threat going forwards.
Dalby - 6 - okay, didn't do much
Davies - 7 - We looked a different team with him on the pitch. Constantly looking for the ball and put the ball in that led to our 2nd goal. Class act.
Agree with that. For me Dalby is a much better header of the ball in the box than Palmer.
Old 21st February 2023, 22.21:46   #11-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @iesty83

How Lee got MotM I don't know

Midfield anonymous and no one moving into space.

Lainton 7 - kept us in it

Hosannah - 6 looked nervous and was gutted for him when his hammy went again
MacIlinden 2 - he put one good cross in. Apart from that he is a headless chicken
Tunnicliffe Tozer and Cleworth 7 - all solid and no mistakes, just no one to pass to so resorted to long channel balls to the front line

Jones 3 - getting that purely for the 15 mins he played at RB
Young 4 - sloppy performance, especially the blatant dive in 1st half that led to a scunny chance and far too many wayward passes. His 2 efforts on goal were OK and if they'd gone in it would have added a couple more points to him
Lee 4 - seemed to pick up his game after the MotM was awarded to him. Otherwise another sloppy performance

Mullin 7 - tried hard with what little service he received. Clever with the pens
Palmer 6 - as Mullin, didn't get enough decent service. Contrary to what others have said he did win a few headers but he was out bastarded by their fat bastard defender

Subs
Mendy 6 good going forward, a few too many wayward passes
Davies 6 - glad he is back. Shot led to 2nd pen, but looked rusty
Dalby 6 - a good option off the bench and should start v Dorking to freshen it up

Ref 1 - missed a yellow card offence for the tackle on Tunnicliffe 1st half, stupid decisions left right and centre
Old 21st February 2023, 22.28:26   #12-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn View Post
Lainton - 7 - that save in the 2nd half from the header, Howard doesn't make. First clean sheet at home this calendar year thanks to our #1.

McAlinden 3 - out of position, and struggled immensely
Cleworth 7 - targeted but did his job well. Distribution not great
Tozer - 7 - Solid in defence, distribution poor
Tunnicliffe - 7 - Solid
Hosannah - 6 - Looked dangerous going forwards before going off. Unfortunate.

Young - 5 - 2 excellent efforts on goal but ultimately not his best night. Mostly anonymous.
Jones - 3 - worst I've seen him in a while. Extremely negative with his passing and anytime he tried to play it forwards it didn't pay off. He's better than this but is struggling in an unbalanced midfield.
Lee - 4 - Anonymous. Appeared to go missing for long spells and not involved in any build up play.

Mullin - 8 - 2 penalties won and converted, tried to get things going up front and succeeded without us having any play in midfield. A true star. MOTM.
Palmer - 6 - Thought he did a good job holding the ball up, with little service. Needs to be more clinical with his headed efforts.

Mendy - 6 - Off the pace for the most part due to injury but still looked a threat going forwards.
Dalby - 6 - okay, didn't do much
Davies - 7 - We looked a different team with him on the pitch. Constantly looking for the ball and put the ball in that led to our 2nd goal. Class act.
I think some of the criticism of McAlinden is a bit harsh. Are we really going to hammer a guy for being flexible enough to play out of position to cover an injury?

He made a lot of runs off the ball that weren't spotted, tried to be an outlet and to make himself available, tracked back, and a lot of the balls to him when he had space were played behind him. Not saying he had a fantastic match, but I find it hard to understand him being scored lower than Lee who was totally anonymous until the last few minutes.

Great to see Jordan back and having an impact, Lainton too.
Old 21st February 2023, 22.30:20   #13-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @None

Quote:
Originally Posted by whead View Post
I think some of the criticism of McAlinden is a bit harsh. Are we really going to hammer a guy for being flexible enough to play out of position to cover an injury?

He made a lot of runs off the ball that weren't spotted, tried to be an outlet and to make himself available, tracked back, and a lot of the balls to him when he had space were played behind him. Not saying he had a fantastic match, but I find it hard to understand him being scored lower than Lee who was totally anonymous until the last few minutes.

Agree with this. I’d give McAlinden a 4-5 but purely down to his ability at RWB than effort. He’s not the greatest player and his control of the ball can be frustrating but I don’t think it’s purely down to quality
Old 21st February 2023, 22.39:37   #14-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

I thought McAlinden's impact to the game was more negative than a player who was anonymous, yes.

Fine if you disagree, I thought he had a poor game though.

A player being played out of position shouldn't have any bearing on their rating. It's hardly hammering, it's accepting that he was played out of position.

Last edited by Hometown Unicorn; 21st February 2023 at 22.41:20..
Old 21st February 2023, 22.40:59   #15-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS (In my heart)

Leighton 9 easy on the cool aid , lucky nobody was following up on the spilled saves
While I think he gave the defense more confidence by his shouting at them a 7.5 would be a fair assessment imho

MG on the commentary gave mom to young who I though had a reasonable game a 7 for him
Palmer 1 again leave that cool aid alone 6.5 for me not his best but not his worst think Dalby should start on Saturday , think Palmer is carrying a injury tbh

Some of the marks are comical
Old 21st February 2023, 22.46:06   #16-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Paddock
Twitter: @shimosays

Quote:

Jones, having never played RWB for us before to my knowledge, looked much better than McAlinden when we moved him over there. I don’t see the point in playing someone so left footed at RWB. Our wing backs hug the touch line so they should be in space when we switch the play, but that is nullified when McAlinden immediately has to turn back inside on his left when he gets the ball. I know it’s not his fault that he had to play there, but it doesn’t excuse some of the mistakes he made tonight.
Old 21st February 2023, 22.46:08   #17-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by weper red View Post
Leighton 9 easy on the cool aid , lucky nobody was following up on the spilled saves
While I think he gave the defense more confidence by his shouting at them a 7.5 would be a fair assessment imho

MG on the commentary gave mom to young who I though had a reasonable game a 7 for him
Palmer 1 again leave that cool aid alone 6.5 for me not his best but not his worst think Dalby should start on Saturday , think Palmer is carrying a injury tbh

Some of the marks are comical

Young was awful absolutely dreadful I think hes a quality MF futher up the field. But not at DCM
Old 21st February 2023, 22.52:57   #18-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Lainton 7

Mcalinden 5
Cleworth 7
Tozer 6
Tunnicliffe 7
Hosannha 6

Young 2
Jones 3
Lee 4

Palmer 5
Mullin 8 (MOM)

Subs:
Dalby 7
Mendy 6
Davies 7

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.03:24.