Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Three Episode Threads: S3E1 Welcome To EFL / S3E2 Goals / Notts Again / Risky Business / Temporary / Far Away, So Close / Trouble / ...

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th October 2023, 12.58:48   #1-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Gk

Interesting situation!
Last season, Dibble gone, Lainton injured, Howard ageing, Foster came and went.
What do we do?
To be fair, we sign two young keepers on loan, but a decision will have to be taken fairly soon.
McNicholas, the young lad from Ireland, is here as I understand on loan until January but with an option to buy. Don’t know if an amount has been mentioned.
I thought he played well and confidently the other night. I’d sign him.
Arthur. On loan from Arsenal to end of season. What happens then? No current offer from Arsenal so does that mean they can’t ask a fee? If he continued the current form there could well be sniffing by bigger clubs which will no doubt push the money level up. Me, I’d sign him as well.
Will they want to stay? Don’t know. Probably not met R+R yet so that could change things with their usual charm offensive.
Do we sign both? Yes I think so. Will it cost a lot? Almost certainly. We keep talking about having funds so why not use it and sort out the keeper position for possibly years.
What you think?
Old 12th October 2023, 13.24:38   #2-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Gk

if they're available , we sign both .

With regards to Arthur, he's in a strong position. if he has a strong season he'll have lots of interest not least from us, but also likely from higher up the leagues .

Some of this may well come down to which league we're in next season .... and of course how much he enjoys his time here
Old 12th October 2023, 13.28:59   #3-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Anywhere I can get a ticket

With Arthur we may be able to do a pre-contract in January with his deal up in June. Arsenal may also be happy to let him go early knowing they will loose him in the summer anyway.

McNichols the word on twitter when he signed was that the initial loan was to navigate financial fair play rules and he will sign no matter what in January.
Old 12th October 2023, 13.42:05   #4-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Used to be Kop

I think I recall reading that we are committed to buying McNicholas in January and can try and talk Arthur into agreeing to sign then also. I would be very happy to sign both, but fear Arthur will have plenty of attractive suitors. Our best bet is to get promoted, without that I fear we lose him
Old 12th October 2023, 14.00:53   #5-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: gus/ers/mfi/b&q

Get them signed up. They know they want to.
Old 12th October 2023, 14.00:56   #6-0 (permalink)
ABd
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Big Arthur O could be our keeper all the way up to the Championship.
Old 12th October 2023, 14.16:10   #7-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABd View Post
Big Arthur O could be our keeper all the way up to the Championship.
It's up to them, they can either go to Vegas for their end of season party with us or they can go to Magaluf with any other team below the Championship
Old 12th October 2023, 14.25:26   #8-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

We'll do well to keep hold of Arthur. 2 clean sheets in 3 games for a team shipping goals won't have gone unnoticed and if that continues clubs will be sniffing around.

For me he's a Championship level keeper now his nerves are starting to settle.
Old 12th October 2023, 15.46:28   #9-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Why does everyone refer to Okonkwo by his first name but use surnames for every other player?

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.43:10.