Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th November 2023, 16.33:18   #10-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Default Re: The Rob and Ryan Era so far…

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG7 View Post
Basically agree with everything you've said. I pinch myself everyday and I'm still in awe at our players and our support.

Some people just want to be on the right side of history and I think just can't get their heads around how fantastic things are at the moment and just expect things to blow up.

We're still relatively early in our journey which will end up in relegations and going out of cups early and bad transfer business but that's part of football. I really think we need to enjoy being good again for a few years since on the pitch it's broadly been crap for 20 years!
Even if dark days at the club did ever return, I’d have series 1-10 of Welcome to Wrexham to reminisce about the good times!

The Women’s game is also flourishing… big crowds down at the rock watching another Wrexham side pushing for success.

Last edited by Percy Sugden; 12th November 2023 at 16.36:26..
Old 12th November 2023, 16.34:18   #11-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdRoadGuy View Post
Excellent post , all true

Only down side for me is that there were so many faithful who endured our bad times and are not here with us, and when you have lost someone so close to you, you wish they could share in these great times with you.
So true I wish my dad who took me to my first game in the late sixties was here to see this
Old 12th November 2023, 16.47:10   #12-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot:

What a lovely thread and post from the OP. I was lucky to remember the late 70s (just) and we were awesome and yet only had a small squad in comparison to now! Miss James and Paul yesterday and still injuries and we still won at a canter. I still don't know what are best team is unlike 1977/8 when it virtually picked itself. I'm enjoying this era more than any. Thank you Rob and Ryan!

Last edited by redinsaudi; 12th November 2023 at 16.48:45..
Old 12th November 2023, 17.04:24   #13-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

It's great isn't it. I just love every game. Can't believe how good our squad is. Don't know how long it will last but let's just take it, especially how close we came to extinction for much of this century. Just for balance: traffic and parking are a pain and casual fans like my distant mate, Martin and my daughter in Manchester struggle to get tickets and, when they do, they can be in a different stand. Well, you have to have balance, don't you?
Old 12th November 2023, 18.26:29   #14-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

I for one never thought I'd see league football at the Racecourse again.
The years were clocking on for me and I couldn't see any light at the end of the tunnel, it was like we were a large ship in a vast ocean with no rudder, just going nowhere.

This takeover has just injected some enthusiasm into everyone young and old. Just a few years ago the kids round here would be waring the Prem shirts now it's all Wxm and may it continue.
I also was around with that great team of the 70s, but this has a different buzz about it.
Old 12th November 2023, 19.06:10   #15-0 (permalink)
joe
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale

We are well and truly in the glory days again, we’ll be looking back on his era and club legends like Paul Mullin and Elliot Lee with fondness in 10/15 years.

As a younger fan I’ve known nothing but misery, failure and heartache supporting Wrexham so it feels well deserved watching us in a promotion race in the EFL after all of those years. Days like Notts County away (I know we played them in non league) were days we could only dream of until the last couple of years. Can’t wait to have many more like it, and hopefully we will have another special day in April celebrating a promotion to League One.

I’m so happy we “sold our soul” as opposition fans would like to believe.
Old 12th November 2023, 19.13:44   #16-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Kop, when it was open. Now my Couch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCobra View Post
We have been both very unlucky (98 point season in particular) and very lucky (Rob and Ryan).

However, if we had been promoted to League Two or sold to an earlier investor, I don’t think we’d have been given this opportunity. I don’t see you have Rob and Ryan without the WST and situation we ended in.
You're absolutely right.
The WST saved us twice.
1st to get us away from unscrupulous owners.
And then again to get us into the hands of some with scruples.
I prefer to remember them for that rather than what was in between.
Old 12th November 2023, 19.15:36   #17-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
We are well and truly in the glory days again, we’ll be looking back on his era and club legends like Paul Mullin and Elliot Lee with fondness in 10/15 years.

As a younger fan I’ve known nothing but misery, failure and heartache supporting Wrexham so it feels well deserved watching us in a promotion race in the EFL after all of those years. Days like Notts County away (I know we played them in non league) were days we could only dream of until the last couple of years. Can’t wait to have many more like it, and hopefully we will have another special day in April celebrating a promotion to League One.

I’m so happy we “sold our soul” as opposition fans would like to believe.
Yes you just love to hear the complete bull from fans of other clubs. Not one of those clubs would turn R&R away knowing what they know now. The American/ worldwide fans and attention we get get doesn't spoil it for me one bit. I actually love it and I've been supporting since 1980. So many fans saying they feel sorry for our so called "legacy" fans ? Why ? We're all loving it. There's only around 31 "legacy" fans who hate their life

We literally have the best owners in world football
Old 12th November 2023, 19.31:46   #18-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one

A nice thread.

The 78 team will never be eclipsed for me, those golden memories are too golden and too great. But am not interested in making comparisons, this is a exciting new era for our club that came after the depths of despair and fight for survival and it's surreal and magical.

I have been to quite a few away matches but yesterday was the first home game I have seen since the R&R era.

As I sat there loving the buzz from miners rescue station, pre match in the turf and then in the ground I looked across at the flats and thought about the damage Hamilton and Gutterman had tried to do, that Moss and Roberts succeeded in doing.

And I wondered how they must be feeling now to see the heart of the club beating so hard and fast. When once we were the losers now the losers tag is clearly hanging around their necks.

I also noticed how good looking Rob McElhenney is in side profile and thought that Kaitlin had really scored...

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.37:56.