Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th December 2023, 10.44:19   #28-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ratings V Colchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legspinner View Post
A comment from Rob The Red stating Daulby was poor after the sending off was a little bizarre, Mullin dropped into midfield and no one was within 20 yards of him at any time, trying to close down3/4 defenders was probably his remit until half time.The intelligent runs , close control and prowess in the air is far superior to Palmer whose first 3 touches were abysmal and giving away possession.Palmer is not as some people think good in the air unless he manages to find space for a free header, smaller defenders manhandle him out of the way.
He has had a decent couple of years here, but his fitness levels are not what they were, he cannot start 2 games sat/tues as Harrogate showed so he should be used sparingly.
Apart from the obvious 4/5 Daulby is someone with the attributes to play higher up the pyramid, I also think Max and Jordan are players who could thrive at a higher level, it’s a pity there are players performing in front of them at the moment.
I didn't say he was poor - I said he was anonymous , which he was , he did nothing , didn't pressure any of the back line , didn't try to pick up anyone in their MF , he just stood in the middle of the pitch and did nothing - that's not his fault, being on his own up top just isn't his game - certainly not when we're a man down - he'd played well up until that point , but literally didn't nothing of any consequence from the point of the sending off onwards .... it was the right substitution to make and probably the right time to make it , when Parky had the chance to get them set up properly at 1/2 time .

No idea why some people are so defensive of Dalby , he's a decent player who has some areas he needs to improve in, he won't be the centre forward to take us up the leagues - unless he improves on the areas he needs to work on - that's not saying he's a poor player, or that he was poor on Saturday ( he wasn't ) , it's just being realistic.

He certainly wasn't a 7 out of 10 , relative to the other players on the pitch , but that was just down to the way the game went , he may well have been 7+ if we'd have kept 11 on the pitch and kept playing as we were .

Last edited by rob_the_red; 18th December 2023 at 10.52:26..
Old 18th December 2023, 10.59:16   #29-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold road

Quote:
A comment from Rob The Red stating Daulby was poor after the sending off was a little bizarre, Mullin dropped into midfield and no one was within 20 yards of him at any time, trying to close down3/4 defenders was probably his remit until half time.The intelligent runs , close control and prowess in the air is far superior to Palmer whose first 3 touches were abysmal and giving away possession.Palmer is not as some people think good in the air unless he manages to find space for a free header, smaller defenders manhandle him out of the way.
He has had a decent couple of years here, but his fitness levels are not what they were, he cannot start 2 games sat/tues as Harrogate showed so he should be used sparingly.
Apart from the obvious 4/5 Daulby is someone with the attributes to play higher up the pyramid, I also think Max and Jordan are players who could thrive at a higher level, it’s a pity there are players performing in front of them at the moment.
So you think Davies, Max and Dalby can't get into the Wrexham team because by your own argument they aren't good enough -but they would easily slot in for a championship/prem team? make it make sense!
Max, Davies and Dalby have all had opportunities this season and last to get themselves a starting place and have all failed that's why they are not in the team.

Palmer is a better player than Dalby by a mile, he wins most aerial battles and is the battering ram that allows Mullin and Lee the space to play. His hold up play is far superior to anyone else in the team.
Old 18th December 2023, 11.12:00   #30-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Thanks for a very measured and sensible reply, nice to see not everyone feels it necessary to take offense when others don’t agree with everything they say.
I would definitely have brought Jones on at half time, but would have gone to a back four with 2 up front, but Parky made a good choice on the day.
I do think it was harsh to expect Daulby to chase shadows when what was required was trying to sensibly try and split the 3 defenders , not an easy job and he is not built for that .
Old 18th December 2023, 11.18:45   #31-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reds1977 View Post
So you think Davies, Max and Dalby can't get into the Wrexham team because by your own argument they aren't good enough -but they would easily slot in for a championship/prem team? make it make sense!
Max, Davies and Dalby have all had opportunities this season and last to get themselves a starting place and have all failed that's why they are not in the team.

Palmer is a better player than Dalby by a mile, he wins most aerial battles and is the battering ram that allows Mullin and Lee the space to play. His hold up play is far superior to anyone else in the team.
Quote:
Thanks for a very measured and sensible reply, nice to see not everyone feels it necessary to take offense when others don’t agree with everything they say.
I would definitely have brought Jones on at half time, but would have gone to a back four with 2 up front, but Parky made a good choice on the day.
I do think it was harsh to expect Daulby to chase shadows when what was required was trying to sensibly try and split the 3 defenders , not an easy job and he is not built for that .
IMHO, neither Palmer nor Dalby are good enough to start, albeit Dalby is a threat off the bench. I share Legspinner’s views on Palmer.
Old 18th December 2023, 11.22:25   #32-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
IMHO, neither Palmer nor Dalby are good enough to start, albeit Dalby is a threat off the bench. I share Legspinner’s views on Palmer.
9 is the position in the team that most clearly needs an upgrade and I'm convinced we will do so in January
Old 18th December 2023, 11.26:11   #33-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
We've not spent serious money on our strike force since Palmer 2 years ago.

It's time to invest or go backwards. Mullin can't keep doing it on his own
Old 18th December 2023, 11.30:49   #34-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

I think given his attributes and limitations as a player that was all he could do . The problem was , that gave their back line all day to pick the passes they wanted to .

Contrast that with Mullin when he was up top by himself in the second half and he chased everything - he was never going to get to most of the balls, but that's not the point , he put enough pressure on running at them to give them less time on the ball and force them to make poorer passes, which we often won back and as a result , with his effort and James Jones doing the running for 2 men in Midfield ended up with us looking like we still had 11 men on the pitch .

.... as I say , being down to 10 men with Dalby on his own just didn't lend itself to Dalby being effective. it was a tough call for Parky when to make the change ... as with many things , he got that right ( if you'd have turned up at half time and not counted the players, you wouldn't have known we were 1 man down on the balance of play)

Last edited by rob_the_red; 18th December 2023 at 11.32:03..
Old 18th December 2023, 11.30:50   #35-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Cleworth has played well in the games he has started, Davies not had enough game time to stamp his authority on games, at Crewe he was a class apart and did a good enough job in the other games; the skill factor is more apparent the higher up you go, some players are not built to run for 90 mins but have lots of other qualities, also his best position is in a midfield of 4 where he would have more license to use his passing and shooting qualities.
I honestly think Max will go for a substantial amount in time if he continues his progress.
Old 18th December 2023, 14.58:03   #36-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Cleworth has played well in the games he has started, Davies not had enough game time to stamp his authority on games, at Crewe he was a class apart and did a good enough job in the other games; the skill factor is more apparent the higher up you go, some players are not built to run for 90 mins but have lots of other qualities, also his best position is in a midfield of 4 where he would have more license to use his passing and shooting qualities.
I honestly think Max will go for a substantial amount in time if he continues his progress.
Agree. I cannot fathom out why PP has recently not used Cleworth more.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.28:45.