Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th February 2024, 18.12:24   #19-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Next up bradford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratfud Fan View Post
Bradford City fan in peace.
Seems a few fans are questioning Parkinson?
At City he had 6 seasons of consecutive improvement. He knows what he is doing and I for one would take him back here in a flash.
It might not always be pretty and that was a criticism aimed at him from our fans but every season we got better and he was capable of setting us up to beat several PL teams in cup comps.
He won 1 in 21 the season after we went up to league one and that faith by our board paid off in spades in the following seasons.
Looking forward to Saturday. Last time I was at Wrexham we won 3-0. I’m not so sure about Saturday though. Wrexham's home record is perceived as one of the strongest in the division and we are in wretched form.
It’s pleasing that Wrexham demonstrate there is a narrative within football that isn’t all about the PL. Based on what you guys had to put up with your previous charlatan owner I for one are glad your long serving fans are seeing the benefit of how your club has moved forwards.

Hope we stuff you on a Saturday of course, but that’s a shot longer than a Jonny Metgod free kick.
Welcome along ! When Parky was at Bradford did he have a few different formations or just stick to one specific set up? And also did he like to play with a big man and a smaller man playing along side each other or different?
Old 5th February 2024, 20.45:37   #20-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Crispin Lane View Post
Welcome along ! When Parky was at Bradford did he have a few different formations or just stick to one specific set up? And also did he like to play with a big man and a smaller man playing along side each other or different?
4-4-2 most of the time. When promoted he used a diamond to try and retain more possession than in league 2. Big man little man. Hanson and wells. Two wingers. Thompson scored vs arsenal and Reid was rapid at dragging us up the pitch. Preston signed him off the back of one performance alone. Unfortunately they hadn’t accounted for his crossing which was about as accurate as Boris Johnson during covid. Wells was rapid and a poacher. Played in the PL for Burnley and the Dog Botherers.

Parky was clever at spotting weaknesses. Played 6’4” Hanson at Chelsea on the wing and aimed everything at him away from the Centre Halves. Out Mourinhoed Mourinho that day. Few can say that.

The bloke is exceptional at getting the most out of players but Jesus he is super one eyed. We used to laugh at some of the calls he tried to claim during a game. His back room staff followed him to Bolton and onwards. They are a tight knit group. Steve Parkin Lee Butler snd he had a fitness coach Nick Allemby. Dunno if they are all there at Wrexham but it’s testament to his his team Parky only agreed a deal if all of them were together.

That said as a player when your time is up he is ruthless.
Gary Jones our captain fantastic in the promotion season was 35 and our driving force. Parky didn’t offer him a deal which surprised the majority but probably proved the right call in the long run allowing him to bring in younger more technical players.

As I said originally. Parky knows what he is doing and is a serial promotion winner. Colchester us Bolton, you guys.
If we hadn’t been taken over by a guy ‘who knows football’…. then who knows where we would be. Millwall beat us in the L1 playoffs and have been Championship ever since.
Whilst we have 16000 frustrated fans scratching their heads and are 92/92 in the form table. Go figure.
Old 6th February 2024, 00.05:55   #21-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Nice to see an outside insider perspective on Parky...I get puzzled by the 'he's not the manager to take us to the next level' critiques, he's taken teams up from L2 and even L1 before so clearly L2 isn't a celing level for him. If you want to say maybe the Championship is his celing in the long run, okay I guess even though I don't think he ever actually managed in the Championship (unless it was with Hull) since he left Colchester soon after.
Old 6th February 2024, 08.01:37   #22-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Dugout

We'll go and win this like nothing ever happened, you watch. This can't distract from the abysmal away performances which needs to be vastly improved.
Old 6th February 2024, 16.50:53   #23-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragons AFC View Post
Nice to see an outside insider perspective on Parky...I get puzzled by the 'he's not the manager to take us to the next level' critiques, he's taken teams up from L2 and even L1 before so clearly L2 isn't a celing level for him. If you want to say maybe the Championship is his celing in the long run, okay I guess even though I don't think he ever actually managed in the Championship (unless it was with Hull) since he left Colchester soon after.

Sadly we have more than our fair share of fans who always come from a negative perspective and often know much more than the manger does ( at least in their own view they do ) .....

...I tend ot ignore them and sometimes even feel sorry for them - must be terribly draining living your life with such a negative view of everything .... although I suspect the live for the occasions when sometjign goes wrong in life and they can leap in tell everyone ' I told you so '
Old 6th February 2024, 17.01:44   #24-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool Red View Post
A back to basics performance is required on Saturday, with Young coming in for Evans and Palmer for Dalby.
Young coming in for Evans hahahahahahahahaha top fishing la.
Old 6th February 2024, 17.12:28   #25-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
A back to basics performance is required on Saturday, with Young coming in for Evans and Palmer for Dalby.

you're surely having a laugh ... Evans , our best passing footballing midfielder Vs Young - a bundle of energy who'll just launch speculative long balls down the field just like Hayden did from defence last weekend , making things even worse !
Old 6th February 2024, 17.18:38   #26-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Young certainly needs to be at least on the subs bench, if not a starter - fresh, not tainted by the recent decline, leads by example , provides much needed energy and crucially moves the ball more quickly. At the moment a major flaw is the speed by which we move the ball around - it allows other teams to press us easily,
Old 6th February 2024, 19.34:11   #27-0 (permalink)
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderPatrol View Post
I have no worries going into Bradford on Saturday.

We will win and win well.

They are bottom of league 2 form table, while we are tenth going into Saturday.

If Arthur is selected we must get behind him whatever performance he puts in.

In my opinion he should be rested, along with Mullin, put both on the bench

Home debut for Marriott, McNucholas given his opportunity
Yes sounds good ,,places to play for may start to get the best out of the players challenging
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.55:48.