Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26th March 2024, 10.44:58   #28-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Eye catching Ollie Palmer stat

Not sure why Dalby is getting such bad press, we have won plenty of games with him playing. Yes the Ollie stat is eye opening , but we have lost games previously with Ollie partnering Mullin and this season we have lost games with Fletcher partnering Mullin.

There are always plenty of factors into poor or inconsistent results, our ls this season could have been down to numerous factors, i.e. poor pre-season prep,the step up in leagues, sending offs, an unsettled back 3 until recently, key players injured, lwb playing at rwb, January signings taking time to get upto speed.
Old 26th March 2024, 10.54:17   #29-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
Not sure why Dalby is getting such bad press, we have won plenty of games with him playing. Yes the Ollie stat is eye opening , but we have lost games previously with Ollie partnering Mullin and this season we have lost games with Fletcher partnering Mullin.

There are always plenty of factors into poor or inconsistent results, our ls this season could have been down to numerous factors, i.e. poor pre-season prep,the step up in leagues, sending offs, an unsettled back 3 until recently, key players injured, lwb playing at rwb, January signings taking time to get upto speed.

I don't think he is getting bad press particularly , it's a thread about how remarkably successful we are when Ollie starts .... more so than any other forward option along side Mullin ..... and the one who results in Mullin scoring more regularly than any other

Sam is fine at what he does, but he doesn't offer was much as Ollie does and has done for the past couple of years

For mw the jury is still out on Sam , but it's pretty conclusive that Ollie is our best option to start up front when ever he's fit along side SPM
Old 26th March 2024, 11.22:42   #30-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_the_red View Post
I don't think he is getting bad press particularly , it's a thread about how remarkably successful we are when Ollie starts .... more so than any other forward option along side Mullin ..... and the one who results in Mullin scoring more regularly than any other

Sam is fine at what he does, but he doesn't offer was much as Ollie does and has done for the past couple of years

For mw the jury is still out on Sam , but it's pretty conclusive that Ollie is our best option to start up front when ever he's fit along side SPM
Is Sam really fine at what he does though ?
Old 26th March 2024, 11.31:07   #31-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WREX01 View Post
Is Sam really fine at what he does though ?

When you play the ball into his feet , he's decent .. he's also good at the little Flick on header that play other players in ( IF he can get there to connect to the ball ) .... he's not as bad as some make out , but he doesn't have the work rate , physicality or intensity that other have ... we're a weaker side when he plays at the moment ... for me he's best brought on when we're well in control of a game and the opposition are chasing the game - that gives him more space to be more effective - other than in that situation , at the moment I wouldn't play him right now

It's a no brainer really - Ollie starts , Fletch comes on with 20 to go if both of them are fit ....

I've said for some time , Dalby should be out on loan getting more experience and adding some intensity and physicality to his game
Old 26th March 2024, 13.30:17   #32-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Correlation or causation? Stats can prove anything depending on how they are presented.

With only 2 other realistic options to start alongside Mullin, one could argue Palmer is the best option.

Fletcher would, by far, be the better option if he were 3 years younger, but he cannot last 90 minutes, and is better coming off the bench to take advantage of a tiring defence.

Dalby blows hot and cold, and doesn't score!

Alternatively, Palmer has scored 6 to Dalby's 5.

Mansfield have slow, lumbering CBs, so 2 quick strikers (Mullin and Marriott) might be a better option.

Whatever starting-XI PP chooses, we are in for a battle royal. Let's hope we can bag a stag or 2! More in-depth T's & P's about Friday's 6-pointer, later!
Old 26th March 2024, 14.32:21   #33-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: mrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Correlation or causation? Stats can prove anything depending on how they are presented.

With only 2 other realistic options to start alongside Mullin, one could argue Palmer is the best option.

Fletcher would, by far, be the better option if he were 3 years younger, but he cannot last 90 minutes, and is better coming off the bench to take advantage of a tiring defence.

Mansfield have slow, lumbering CBs, so 2 quick strikers (Mullin and Marriott) might be a better option.

Whatever starting-XI PP chooses, we are in for a battle royal. Let's hope we can bag a stag or 2! More in-depth T's & P's about Friday's 6-pointer, later!
Glad you are not picking the team.
Old 26th March 2024, 15.00:35   #34-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post

you could also look a little further than just the win stats with Ollie ......

Wimbledon doing fine with him .. he leaves and they fail to win a game .....

at the same time , we were suffering with inconsistency before he came in , he comes in and we go on a steak that nearly won us the league and then was a big part of us actually winning it the following season .....I think it's pretty conclusive that we're a better side with Ollie starting ( agree on Fletcher too though - although a 3 years younger fletcher would likely be playing in the championship ...... and sadly , Sam is much more cold than hot now )
Old 26th March 2024, 15.11:10   #35-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_the_red View Post
you could also look a little further than just the win stats with Ollie ......

Wimbledon doing fine with him .. he leaves and they fail to win a game .....

at the same time , we were suffering with inconsistency before he came in , he comes in and we go on a steak that nearly won us the league and then was a big part of us actually winning it the following season .....I think it's pretty conclusive that we're a better side with Ollie starting ( agree on Fletcher too though - although a 3 years younger fletcher would likely be playing in the championship ...... and sadly , Sam is much more cold than hot now )
Like all strikers, particularly young strikers, they thrive on confidence and if they are not getting the opportunities it knocks them back. Dalby's build up play is fine, he has shown that with Mullin and Bickerstaff in games this season Where he needs to work is having the belief and confidence to get in between the sticks more and getting on the end of things. It's going to be hard with Ollie and Fletch fit, but Parky seems to rate him so he needs to keep hanging in there. I think the last couple of opportunities he has had to start he was sacrificed early after Boyles dismissals.
Old 26th March 2024, 15.26:34   #36-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
Like all strikers, particularly young strikers, they thrive on confidence and if they are not getting the opportunities it knocks them back. Dalby's build up play is fine, he has shown that with Mullin and Bickerstaff in games this season Where he needs to work is having the belief and confidence to get in between the sticks more and getting on the end of things. It's going to be hard with Ollie and Fletch fit, but Parky seems to rate him so he needs to keep hanging in there. I think the last couple of opportunities he has had to start he was sacrificed early after Boyles dismissals.

He also needs to work on his general movement , effort & pace - certain if he wants to feature at all when we are it to League 1 , he's far to pedestrian for that level at the moment , but he's still young and can improve there - he has talent for sure & I can see why parky rates him the next 18 months will be key for his career and he needs to be playing regularly - I suspect that won't be at Wrexham though

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.00:01.