Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26th March 2024, 12.24:17   #37-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Stockport tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathonplny View Post
I had no joy with tickets , how do you enter the ballot
Game is now listed as Sold Out on ticket portal. As soon as the club confirms that they open the ballot - go to the same ticketing page and then under the Stockport game click 'Apply for Ballot' which should become active in the next day or so
Old 26th March 2024, 12.24:55   #38-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @jon_lp76

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT12 Exile View Post
It's going to be rough next season for those without season tickets, assuming the temporary stand comes down. But if it means we have a new Kop in place for 25/26 then it's worth it. A capacity of about 15,500 will cater for most, particularly if we end up in league 1 and have a few seasons in mid-table, I can't see the glory hunters and day trippers retaining their current levels of interest when we're winning less frequently and not getting promoted every other season.
Agree totally, IF the build has started. Biggest frustration for the first half of the season was reduced capacity and no sign of work starting.

The temp stand has been great!

But... tough problems to have really!
Old 26th March 2024, 12.49:50   #39-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT12 Exile View Post
It's going to be rough next season for those without season tickets, assuming the temporary stand comes down. But if it means we have a new Kop in place for 25/26 then it's worth it. A capacity of about 15,500 will cater for most, particularly if we end up in league 1 and have a few seasons in mid-table, I can't see the glory hunters and day trippers retaining their current levels of interest when we're winning less frequently and not getting promoted every other season.
Yep. Mid table finish in L1 next season say and tickets will be on General Sale for the season after in a 15k stadium.
Old 26th March 2024, 15.23:33   #40-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Derfyl Cadarn View Post
We do not need loyalty schemes. Why prioritise people who can attend all games over those that can only afford to attend occasionally. This is from someone who went to Braintree, Hayes, Woking, Barnet et al prior to the takeover.
Well, that's the point isn't it?

99% of our support isn't filthy rich! A hell of lot choose to spend their hard earned on following the team all over the country. They deserve to be at the front of the queue when demand requires it.

This arguement about it only serving the rich is a joke! Still tickets for Doncaster away available? Won't break the bank! Oh sorry, it's not as big a game as Stockport, Tranmere, Shrewsbury and Crewe, so the interest isn't there. It's going nothing to do with money!

Every football club in the country has an away loyalty system in place for when demand exceeds allocation. Wrexham will follow suit and rightly so!

Last edited by LongSufferingRed; 26th March 2024 at 15.24:34..
Old 26th March 2024, 15.46:06   #41-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongSufferingRed View Post
Well, that's the point isn't it?

99% of our support isn't filthy rich! A hell of lot choose to spend their hard earned on following the team all over the country. They deserve to be at the front of the queue when demand requires it.

This arguement about it only serving the rich is a joke! Still tickets for Doncaster away available? Won't break the bank! Oh sorry, it's not as big a game as Stockport, Tranmere, Shrewsbury and Crewe, so the interest isn't there. It's going nothing to do with money!

Every football club in the country has an away loyalty system in place for when demand exceeds allocation. Wrexham will follow suit and rightly so!
Well said
Old 26th March 2024, 16.01:20   #42-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongSufferingRed View Post
I understand your point my friend. However, it's been very easy to get tickets for all home games this season apart from today for Stockport. I think a loyalty system in place would be a good idea as fans like the above, who have been to all home games apart from 1, have missed out today.

The issue is the capacity. At current capacity, you'd have no problem getting tickets for 95% of home games even with a loyalty scheme. When the Kop comes down, it's going to be much harder to get a ticket in general and then it's going to be a nightmare for the big games like Shrewsbury.

It really is a tough decision and obviously not going to suit all. However, as also mentioned above, are the club really bothered? They obviously want new fans through the door as they're worth more money than the regulars.

I think a loyalty system for away games definitely needs to come into action. I think home games will remain as is and unfortunately fans will have to accept it's going to be hit and miss on getting tickets when we drop our capacity back down.
We could have voted no to the takeover and continued to go to every game we wanted whether that was national league or possibly lower. I would say challenges getting tickets is a mild inconvenience compared to all the good the takeover has brought. I don’t think we can expect only good to come from change.

I would also dispute the fact that allowing new fans attend home games is all about getting more money. To me it’s about investment into the future. If we make it more difficult for younger fans to attend games then they may as well just support Liverpool or Man Utd as most of the kids did when I went to school. Hook them in now and if R&R call it a day many will not come back, but some will stay and that’s the fanbase of the future.
Old 26th March 2024, 17.06:26   #43-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: any I can get !!

Really ironic but actually found Stockport tickets the easiest to get, compared to pretty much all the home matches I've managed to get to this season which I guess shows how much of a lottery it is for us non season ticket holders. Managed to get straight on and grabbed two for me and my daughter, it does seem that bit easier since the temporary stand went up, though I agree with others about it being that much more difficult once it's down next season
Old 26th March 2024, 18.05:50   #44-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_holt_dragon View Post
We could have voted no to the takeover and continued to go to every game we wanted whether that was national league or possibly lower. I would say challenges getting tickets is a mild inconvenience compared to all the good the takeover has brought. I don’t think we can expect only good to come from change.

I would also dispute the fact that allowing new fans attend home games is all about getting more money. To me it’s about investment into the future. If we make it more difficult for younger fans to attend games then they may as well just support Liverpool or Man Utd as most of the kids did when I went to school. Hook them in now and if R&R call it a day many will not come back, but some will stay and that’s the fanbase of the future.
I didn't mean allowing new fans to attend was all about money. I was just using it as a point for the argument of why they wouldn't shut the door. One of many points, some are which you mention.
Old 26th March 2024, 18.51:50   #45-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Tech End

That was the closest I've come to not getting a ticket.

Froze, nothing available at 1000/1001, everything kept being available/not being, one came up, bagged it, site froze for 5 minutes but thankfully didn't disappear pre-checkout!

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.42:02.