• Welcome to the new RedPassion.co.uk !

Registations are back open to fans who wish to join the community, and see zero ads plus join in Offtopic and other discussions!
    Existing users can login and use the forums as normal, if your login is not working, you can click login then 'forgot password' and you will be sent a reset email.

Any issues use the contact form button at the bottom of the page. You can remove this notice by hitting X in the top right of this box.

REGISTER! or LOGIN

New CEO announced

fezbob

Printing My Own Banknotes
Pre Takeover RPer Original RPer before 2009 Helped pay wages in August 2011
Wrexham AFC has announced the immediate appointment of Michael Williamson as Chief Executive Officer.

As the Women’s team completes its first year in the Genero Adran Premier and the Men’s team heads to League One following its recent promotion, Williamson’s extensive background at all levels of clubs in Europe and the US will be invaluable to Wrexham AFC on the journey ahead.

Wrexham AFC Co-Chairmen Rob McElhenney and Ryan Reynolds welcomed Williamson to the club sharing, “As the fortunes and dreams of Wrexham AFC have grown, so must our club operations. The Board is pleased to welcome Michael Williamson as new CEO of Wrexham. Michael comes to us with deep global football experience with D.C. United, Inter Milan and most recently Miami FC. Over his many years at Serie A’s Inter Milan, he served various roles including Chief Financial Officer, Chief Strategy Officer and Co-CEO of San Siro Stadium. He has worn many hats and will continue to wear many more now that his hat will say Wrexham AFC. Also, Michael. We’re out of hats. Could you get on that? Love, Rob and Ryan.”

"I am delighted to join Wrexham AFC after their impressive back-to-back promotions to League One,” said Michael Williamson. “I look forward to working with the dedicated management, staff, and players who have excelled since Rob and Ryan’s arrival in 2020. As we plan for further growth and success on and off the pitch, we will prioritize maintaining our strong ties to the Wrexham community and our loyal fan base while enhancing our international appeal.”

Pending visa approval, Williamson is set to begin his work in Wrexham in the coming months.

https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/2024/may/wrexham-afc-appoint-michael-williamson-as-new-ceo/

Very interesting he has a great deal of international experience having jobs at big clubs in Italy and USA.
Exciting appointment

Looks like we are most definitely doing our shopping in Selfridges now.

Bit of a culture shock going from Miami to a cabin in a car park in wrexham.

I feel Shaun Harvey will be very important in the first couple of months.

Back