Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24th January 2018, 22.29:13   #460-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Prenton Park
Twitter: @

Default Re: Wrexham v Tranmere Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffysheepsupporter View Post
The sensible solution as we stand now is to release more tickets to Tranmere fans and put those fans in the centre of the lower part of the GUS. Use more netting either side of them if necessary. Until the tickets for home fans sell out there would be no need to move the netting at the end of home supporter areas of the ground. But if they have to move some of the netting probably best at the end of the Hays Travel stand. There are bound to be loads of police in that corner anyway. Maybe this is the clubs plan.
Its too late to get more tickets to us. You've sent us old skool proper tickets... none of this 'print off at home' barcode lark. 1,800 is our lot.
Old 24th January 2018, 22.37:20   #461-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

The question remains, why are our SAG significantly more stringent than those of other clubs? I can not believe that fire, ambulance and police services in other areas are less safety conscious than those in N Wales so what is different? Giving up our home end is a disgrace, it inconveniences our fan base and atmospherically hands a huge advantage to our opponents. Either our club is choosing the cheap option or is less persuasive over the SAG than other clubs are. Why can't the club rep take our SAG requirements to a meeting compared with those put on Chester and Tranmere and ask the non club SAG members to explain the differing treatments?
Old 24th January 2018, 22.37:46   #462-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: UPPER YALE STAND TOWN END

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablosammy View Post
Its too late to get more tickets to us. You've sent us old skool proper tickets... none of this 'print off at home' barcode lark. 1,800 is our lot.
Why too late . Can't you afford to open the Prenton ticket office or is it the cost of the taxi to pick them up?
Old 24th January 2018, 23.25:28   #463-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHYLRED View Post
GUS end of the MRS has some seats held back as does the GUS end of Yale, I think these will be used for either tickets bought between now and Friday, then the remainder sold to people turning up Saturday ( they still need to purchase tickets )

GUS season ticket holders don't need match day tickets that's why they have left some allocation surely as they won't know how many GUS season ticket holders will turn up.

Also I don't know how true this is but have heard Wetherspoon is going to be for Tranmere fans only, as I say done hold me to that it's probably bull but that's what I heard.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 24th January 2018, 23.27:18   #464-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
The question remains, why are our SAG significantly more stringent than those of other clubs? I can not believe that fire, ambulance and police services in other areas are less safety conscious than those in N Wales so what is different? Giving up our home end is a disgrace, it inconveniences our fan base and atmospherically hands a huge advantage to our opponents. Either our club is choosing the cheap option or is less persuasive over the SAG than other clubs are. Why can't the club rep take our SAG requirements to a meeting compared with those put on Chester and Tranmere and ask the non club SAG members to explain the differing treatments?

Spot on well said.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 24th January 2018, 23.42:10   #465-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post

Also I don't know how true this is but have heard Wetherspoon is going to be for Tranmere fans only, as I say done hold me to that it's probably bull but that's what I heard.
Posted via mobile theme
It was a request that got knocked on the head. They haven't give a designated pub to away fans as far as I'm aware. I suspect they'll 'advise' them to drink in the Plas Coch or to drink under the stand.

Couple of Tranmere fans from work are going and drinking in Chester and getting a late train in.
Old 24th January 2018, 23.57:45   #466-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connah's Quay Red View Post
It was a request that got knocked on the head. They haven't give a designated pub to away fans as far as I'm aware. I suspect they'll 'advise' them to drink in the Plas Coch or to drink under the stand.

Couple of Tranmere fans from work are going and drinking in Chester and getting a late train in.

Ok cheers CQR as I said I didn't know if it was true you have clarified it for me & I should think so to we shouldn't be giving our pubs up to away fans, at Tranmere we all drink in the one next to the ground with Tranmere fans in there and it's usually friendly banter.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 25th January 2018, 05.46:16   #467-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
While I agree with you I guess part of our problem stems from the fact that we have a three sided ground. I have always said that we should dismantle the kop stand and just leave an open standing only end for away support in a similar manner to stockport. That way you still get the revenue and they generate less noise. Historically the KOP was 'our end' and believe me I stood there many times but that was a long time ago - the tech end generates a much better noise and though I sit in the MRS (because I am old and smell of wee) I really believe you in that stand give us an advantage.
Old 25th January 2018, 06.51:05   #468-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
The Club will be represented on the SAG - Safety Advisory Group by it's own Safety Officer - your reference to 'rep' may well include a board member but he / she will be there purely as a figurehead for the club and perhaps the person in control of the purse strings.

Composition of the SAG - who participates ?
The host safety officer
Police
Fire
Ambulance
St John's Ambulance & or other medical provision
Local Authority representatives which normally include Building Control & Licensing.

The group will hold periodic meetings and perhaps additional special meetings for things that occur out of the normal - for instance a high risk fixture or the discovery of a building defect - an example would be perhaps when the barrier testing failed in the Mold Road stand some years ago.

All aspects of stadium safety (at our ground or any other sporting event) will be covered by a Stadium Safety Certificate which the club have to abide with.

The SAG have the 'advisory power' to reduce capacities in the whole stadium or individual stands for a whole host of reasons, structural / physical features or safety features - for instance there may not be enough stewards trained to the required level / module available.

In addition, cost will be a massive factor - although sympathetic to the desire for us to retain the GUS for home fans (me included) I'm afraid a better atmosphere will come secondary to safety. I'm sure that the real problem behind all this is only having three sides to the stadium.

Someone mentioned opening up the Kop for away fans - even if the roof was removed a massive series of annual barrier testing at great cost would be required - my guess is that most, due to their age and crumbling concrete would fail and without costly repair could not be used.

The 'knockers' should remember that there will be reasons why everything is done based on years of experience by a group of people who will all be experts in their respective professional fields - the use by Tranmere fans of the GUS will also an extra 600 of them into the ground than if the Yale were used - the extra income could play a big part in the decision making.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.11:38.