Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th March 2018, 10.05:08   #73-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Players like Vose are rare but he does need to be properly motivated and coached to get the best out of him.

A manager of the quality of John Neal would acknowledge that you need Suttonesque players (Wedgbury) and Griffithsesque players (Vose) to be successful.

It amuses and saddens me that so many fans have lost sight of the creative side of the game in favour of professionals with limited ability. But such is life!

Well said PD quite a few on here think running around a lot and not having the quality to make a killer pass is better as long as they run their socks off hoofing it forward to the opposition central defender to clear, I like Wedgebury but he couldn't pass a parcel one or 2 in a side like that is fine but you need that bit of quality to get out of this league in my opinion maybe at my ago I've witnessed the above mentioned Mel Sutton, Arfon Griffiths type of players so I'm saddened when I read some confusing running around a lot and unable to beat a defender like Rutherford as good. As I said on or 2 in a side but a midfield full ain't good enough.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 12th March 2018, 10.26:49   #74-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Default Re: The Curious Case of Dom Vose

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Well said PD quite a few on here think running around a lot and not having the quality to make a killer pass is better as long as they run their socks off hoofing it forward to the opposition central defender to clear, I like Wedgebury but he couldn't pass a parcel one or 2 in a side like that is fine but you need that bit of quality to get out of this league in my opinion maybe at my ago I've witnessed the above mentioned Mel Sutton, Arfon Griffiths type of players so I'm saddened when I read some confusing running around a lot and unable to beat a defender like Rutherford as good. As I said on or 2 in a side but a midfield full ain't good enough.
Posted via mobile theme
People aren't confused, everyone would love a player like Vose if he was good enough for a promotion chasing team but on this season's evidence he isn't. You can't blame his coaches he has to do it himself and maybe he just isn't capable of doing some of the absolute basics needed in whatever role he can play rather than just stand, conserving energy and waiting for the ball to feet. It is unfair comparing his technical ability to other players who contribute for 90 mins not in isolated bursts, as he has the technical ability to play much higher but seems incapable of making a team better. I think some have just seen an opportunity to rubbish some of our players who have done a sterling job, getting us a chance of promotion and devalue the 3 points gained in a derby game. It's nothing new, your example of the great Mel Sutton, who was very much derided in his time, for not having the silky skills of Bobby Park.
Old 12th March 2018, 11.34:06   #75-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
I didn't like the booing of him today.

One moment summed him up in the first half when he went on a run and shrugged off challenges and then inexplicably stopped with his hands outstretched.
Posted via mobile theme
I agree with all of that krux. He can be very good however not often enough. He hides when it gets rough and defensively is awful.
Old 12th March 2018, 11.44:59   #76-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Indeed it was and no you don't, a refreshing change. I think it was Glenn Little who I last enjoyed here with a ball at his feet. Pure talent, it might be wasted but better to have loved and lost and all that.
And I don’t remember criticism of Little for failing to “track back”. And he is treated as a god. Let’s admit both players were a joy to watch and you’d pay to watch either. The cameo from Little against Mansfield in the 2-1 win in 12-13 remains the best performance I’ve seen in this league. It was actually the best game I’ve seen too.
Old 12th March 2018, 12.18:05   #77-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
And I don’t remember criticism of Little for failing to “track back”. And he is treated as a god. Let’s admit both players were a joy to watch and you’d pay to watch either. The cameo from Little against Mansfield in the 2-1 win in 12-13 remains the best performance I’ve seen in this league. It was actually the best game I’ve seen too.
id pay to watch glen little to keep ups. his footballing brain was so far ahead of anyone in the league it was unreal.

as for vose maybe he doesnt fo it often enough but he is a joy to watch on his day. harsh to say he did nothing yesterday imo as he was their only player with any sort of abillity. for me you can accomadate a player like him when you have a team of grafters
Posted via mobile theme
Old 12th March 2018, 18.23:41   #78-0 (permalink)
-

(info)

Racecourse Spot: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
Trying to put Vose on the same level as Glen Little is laughable. Only you could come up with that kind of nonsense.

The only thing they have in common is that they both played for Wrexham.

Glen Little showcased his footballing skills at a far higher level for a number of Clubs, over a long period of time, before coming (down) to us towards the end of his career.

Whereas Vose's short time with us was probably the apex of his achievements.
Old 12th March 2018, 19.26:09   #79-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrobinman View Post
Trying to put Vose on the same level as Glen Little is laughable. Only you could come up with that kind of nonsense.

The only thing they have in common is that they both played for Wrexham.

Glen Little showcased his footballing skills at a far higher level for a number of Clubs, over a long period of time, before coming (down) to us towards the end of his career.

Whereas Vose's short time with us was probably the apex of his achievements.
Nobody is putting Little on the same level as Vose and most of us aware of their cv's.

A couple of posters have simply said they enjoyed watching both players in Wrexham shirt.

Maybe if you had seen them play you might understand. See, we can all play at being smart arses. Just give it a rest because your constant digs at posters on here is getting tiresome.
Old 12th March 2018, 19.38:12   #80-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

The Cieslewitz is dead. Long live the Vose
Old 12th March 2018, 19.59:39   #81-0 (permalink)
-

(info)

Racecourse Spot: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Nobody is putting Little on the same level as Vose and most of us aware of their cv's.

A couple of posters have simply said they enjoyed watching both players in Wrexham shirt.

Maybe if you had seen them play you might understand. See, we can all play at being smart arses. Just give it a rest because your constant digs at posters on here is getting tiresome.
Maybe I can’t read then, because that’s what Fog did.
I saw both of them play, Smartarse. One of them I know personally.
And what gives you the right to assume I haven’t?
My digs at certain posters is selective, based on their arrogance, ignorance, or both.

Who are you to try to tell me what I should do anyway?
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.07:53.