Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26th June 2018, 15.47:40   #28-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale
Twitter: @

Default Re: Youth development

Quote:
Originally Posted by podders View Post
So will it now be more beneficial to the club to try and get youth players good enough to make the actual squad and then be on some kind oc contract?

Also i note that there will be a swith to a player/student model. Can anyone explain what this means for me?

Bagger - if Wrexham had an academy under the FAW scheme would we have more protection under the FIFA laws?
That's an interesting question - the FAW do have structured football (i.e. they play in a sanctioned national body scheme so so under the definitions clauses 5 and 6 would likely have more protection in clearance terms

Official matches: matches played within the framework of organised football,
such as national league championships, national cups and international
championships for clubs, but not including friendly and trial matches.
Organised football: association football organised under the auspices of FIFA,
the confederations and the associations, or authorised by them.

As Wrexham CoE currently only play friendlies their position is weakened by clause 5.

But and this is where i think there could be a challenge

Academy: an organisation or an independent legal entity whose primary,
long-term objective is to provide players with long-term training through
the provision of the necessary training facilities and infrastructure. This shall
primarily include, but not be limited to, football training centres, football
camps, football schools, etc.

I think clause 12 of definitions throws Wrexham back into the mix, albeit it then clashes with clause 5.

The basis of compensation is covered in annex 6 if anyone wants to read it.

https://resources.fifa.com/image/upl...hmkp62h5vgwg9g

The current weakness in protection is clause 5 and 6 and the argument that the players aren't covered anyway because they are only de facto playing friendly matches, I've used this for English players coming back from Wrexham to avoid clearance successfully with the player status department in England. The argument being they never needed clearance to go over the border to play friendlies in the 1st place. Welsh academy status given they have a league at U12, U14 and U16 would offer more protection.

What is clear is if clause 5 and 6 are removed from the equation as a minimum players of welsh origin would need compensation to go over the border, and they couldn't go until they were 16.

So if I was the club I would do 2 things

1. Get a lawyer to review the above and give legal opinion on clauses 5 and 6
2. Concentrate on welsh players as these seem the best route to protect and gain fees given they will need clearance and as such fall into compensation if
the club qualifies under clause 12 which in my amateur opinion they do (subject to not falling foul under 5 and 6)

Bear in mind as well that FIFA trumps all, they are the ultimate arbitrator and no association can rule against them.

I will caveat everything above that I am no lawyer - this is my non legal interpretation although I have won a case against a county FA with the argument, albeit in reverse and probably not helpful to Wrexham as it did find clause 5 and 6 to be to their detriment. However that was specifically an english player coming back, I think if Wrexham concentrate now on developing welsh players they would be far better protected.
Old 26th June 2018, 16.48:10   #29-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
I feel for the lads and their families - pinning hope on empty promises of being taken on by wxm
In reality many are simply canon fodder and will be released - no progression with no reserves either
Fair play to the kids who are desperate for a chance of stardom but i think the club should be honest with them and say they are skint and chances of progressing are painfully slim
Out of the teams we played last year ( many of whom are tinpot ) how many started 16-19 yr olds against us , very few id guess , especially in key areas like striker or centre half
This is a mans league and we simply to not have the time or money to let the Youths develop into young professionals - very sad
Id advise them - play welsh prem if possible and go to college - if your good enough someone will pick you up
I'd look into forming partnerships with WPL clubs, get as many of the lads as possible loan moves. If they still aren't quite good enough at least they've got a foot in the door elsewhere , while the other club has a far clearer idea of how good that lad is.

Hopefully the board see BV's comments and fully investigate and seek legal advice on his interpretation of the rules. Chester have found a loophole, so I see no harm in asking them for some advice too.
Old 26th June 2018, 17.14:51   #30-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

The problem is everyplayer player form U9’s-u16 is on nothing less than a registration form the same that you’d sign at any grass roots club, so unless the club is honourable like bagger has said Liverpool being the prime example these players can leave for free, within the simple 7 day rule.

Last edited by Wrex07; 26th June 2018 at 17.16:05..
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.29:45.