Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31st October 2018, 07.46:46   #28-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ratings vs Hartlepool

The midfield is a joke.Summerfield is the only decent one we have.

Deverdics - only plays sideways or back
Wright - can't control a ball or tackle
Young - As weak as a 10 year old
Walker - poor first touch and fades badly

When Summerfield is in there he drags half a performance out of the others but if he's not you get what you had Saturday and last night.Hope to god he's back Saturday but we need to bolster midfield in January and get a bleeding goalscorer in !!
Old 31st October 2018, 08.06:29   #29-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Interesting assessment by Prodigal Dragon on Mike Fondop Talom - rating 0, 'a donkey with the touch of an elephant'
My seat last night was in line with the half way line so it offered a much closer view of Mike's performance.
A few weeks ago I thought he was a raw talent with the potential to benefit from being a full-time professional and the coaching which accompanies it. I have changed my mind.

He doesn't 'look ' like a professional footballer, his balance and body shape when in contact with the ball is uncomfortable and his hesitation, based on not knowing what to do next, makes this even worse. His reactions are always a second too slow and his positional sense is non existent, he is not aware of the opposition playing him off side.
I'm sure he is a nice guy and I don't question his attitude but he has shown no improvement over the last three months and will not help us gain promotion - it would be kinder to find him a loan placement in a lower league.
Old 31st October 2018, 08.24:23   #30-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Not a fan of Jennings but I would play him further forward if Carrington is fit.

Hinds surely deserves a start.
I would never have guessed that you are not a fan of Jennings!!!!!

I would also play him further forward with Carrington at left back. He’s much better going forward than defending. Try it at WSM in the cup.

Hinds must be truly crap if he can’t even get in the squad with the forwards we have in the team. Rickets needs to put him out of his misery and send him back.
Old 31st October 2018, 08.47:11   #31-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillEBadass View Post
Interesting assessment by Prodigal Dragon on Mike Fondop Talom - rating 0, 'a donkey with the touch of an elephant'
My seat last night was in line with the half way line so it offered a much closer view of Mike's performance.
A few weeks ago I thought he was a raw talent with the potential to benefit from being a full-time professional and the coaching which accompanies it. I have changed my mind.

He doesn't 'look ' like a professional footballer, his balance and body shape when in contact with the ball is uncomfortable and his hesitation, based on not knowing what to do next, makes this even worse. His reactions are always a second too slow and his positional sense is non existent, he is not aware of the opposition playing him off side.
I'm sure he is a nice guy and I don't question his attitude but he has shown no improvement over the last three months and will not help us gain promotion - it would be kinder to find him a loan placement in a lower league.
total agree, we need to change things up!! yes we keep on winning but most of last nights Wrexham side looked like we had 9 men and they had 12, J M-D thinks he's too good for us and behaves like it, he keeps backing away from any challenge, fancy feet yeah but !!!
pyke just didn't want to be there, last to react looked sleepy had Jenning's screaming at him to get forward,
Fondop is too slow to react, never on the shoulder of the last defender, yeah can hold the ball up but a touch like a baby rhino
and whats with the throwings? we are shite at them, don't let the ball go out nine times out of ten we give the ball to them and I'm sorry but, why don't we have a player on the halfway line when they have a corner or free kick??
takes two defenders away from goal, better chance of hoofing the ball to that player when we do get it, fewer people in the box, ok we have got more clean sheets but
Old 31st October 2018, 08.58:56   #32-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

Quote:

I have similar views on him. I feel for him in a way because this is team and a system in which most strikers would struggle but last night was a bit like watching Usain Bolt try and play football, but without the pace.
Old 31st October 2018, 09.21:13   #33-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand (opposite the tunnell)

Second half performance, at home, against 10 men was very poor....I would be concerned but we got away with the 3 points and I am backing Sam to put it right for Saturday, he was going ballistic at times and we know he is not afraid to make changes, hopefully Summerfield is one of those.

Lainton -7- Poor kicking but made a few good saves
Roberts -7- Thought he was good and mostly untroubled
Pearson -7- Got done a few times early one but adjusted accordingly and was solid at the end
Lawlor -7- looked comfortable, possibly the best I've seen him for us
Jennings -6- Stupid foul and booking (then mouth off) otherwise would have been a 7, decent going forward at times
Young -6- Had a few decent strikes, best midfielder but that's not saying much 2nd half
Wright -5- Got in great positions, if he could play football when he was in them he would be dangerous
Walker -5- Started neat and tidy but fell apart and was disappointing 2nd half when we needed someone to put there foot on the ball.
JMD -5- Not great but was an outlet late on and should have stayed on instead of Pyke, bit unlucky not to score last night
Beavon -6- Played well and won a lot up top but was doing it on his own, 6 seems harsh but he had no support so couldn't get anything going
Pyke -4- Lack of effort or knackered? Or both?!....either way not good!

Fondop - Looked unplayable for 5 mins, then just looked unable to play ha-ha!
Rutherford - Was always just going to be added legs to see it out
Deverdicks - Did ok in the seeing it out style we adopted, same as Rutherford
Old 31st October 2018, 09.29:34   #34-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Lainton-7 Did what needed to be done with some dodgy kicking at times

Roberts-7 Played quite well I thought tried to make things happen

Pearson-7 Won everything in the air but looks dodgy against pacey strikers

Lawlor-7 Didnt do much wrong

Jennings-6 Needs to shut his mouth and for some reason he's always coming too far inside leaving huge gaps down the right

Young-7 This lad is getting better and has the potential to score 10plus goals

Walker-6 Not his best game. I personally don't think Wright and Walker work together.

Wright-6/7 Simple passes are difficult at times but breaks up play very well, should have scored.

Maguire Drew-6 Doesn't work hard enough. If he'd scored after doing all the hard work it's a different game.

Beavon-6 Works hard but Im not sure if that's enough for a title chasing side, if that's what we are

Pyke-4 Drop the cock, no effort, pussied out of everything and always turning back slowing play down.

Sub

Fondop-0 Up there as one of the worst displays I've ever seen by a striker. Can't control, pass or run with a ball. A donkey personified. Raw my arse, he just cant play football very well.

Last edited by dixienormous; 31st October 2018 at 09.31:50..
Old 31st October 2018, 09.48:30   #35-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:

I slightly disagree here and think Fondop does have an attitude problem and I think you can see from his body language that something isn't right and if something doesn't go right then it immediately becomes a problem. In addition you then have the penalty debacle where it must be clear who the designated taker is yet the ball has to be prised from his grasp.

I was hoping Sam and Barrow could work on this and improve it but sadly it seems to have gone worse. The booking last night was about as farcical a booking I have ever seen. I mean to grab the player and fling him out of the way is beyond comical.

I think a goal or 2 would calm him down but he just isn't getting into positions and last night Drew created a chance from the left put the ball in where you would expect any half decent CF to be and he was nowhere. Then the miscontrol incident and then a general lack of awareness of other players and it all adds up.

As I keep saying Basics, basics, basics and if things are not going so well for a player then get back to basics. Ball control, passing, make space, work hard...…………….

Same goes for Drew as well. He is too often out of position when he should be out wide and the few glimpses last night where he did apply himself then he looked dangerous but fk me he isn't doing it often enough and for a player with his talent and pace it really is a shame and he will never make it any higher.

Pyke last night was the same but are 2 games so close too much for him. I don't understand why Sam left him on and he should have been replaced.

Second half we should have changed to 442 and not allowed them to dominate the midfield as they went 432.
Old 31st October 2018, 09.52:05   #36-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Beavon is great, if everyone else put in half as much effort as he does, we would be unplayable.

MOTM for me last night would be Lainton, he made several important saves and I don't think that any outfield player deserved it on that 2nd half performance.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.25:50.