Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Three Episode Threads: S3E1 Welcome To EFL / S3E2 Goals / Notts Again / Risky Business / Temporary ...

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd December 2018, 08.47:48   #217-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale
Twitter: @

Default Re: Comments on Ricketts situation on BT Sport broadcast tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysred 45 View Post
Club higher up the pyramid yes, better facilities ?maybe?unlucky sequences nope don't think so there are more reasons to this than people are willing or want to admit.
Sam Ricketts could have become a cult hero here getting us up to the next league he knows it and we know it so Il ask again why has his head been turned so easily, its not because of money ,its not because of a club being in a higher league ,he could have had this and a lot more at wxm fc .
I’m afraid the above, in my opinion, is rather blinkered and a view with firmly Wrexham-tinted glasses on.
Old 2nd December 2018, 08.49:01   #218-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWFC View Post
Seems like they only made the official approach AFTER already talking to a manager under contract.
This is correct. Shrewsbury did an Ipswich.
Old 2nd December 2018, 08.49:14   #219-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Seems like they only made the official approach AFTER already talking to a manager under contract.
I would imagine thats more common in football than making the approach before talking to the manager.
Old 2nd December 2018, 08.54:23   #220-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtonsleftfoot View Post
KilkennyRed:

1. Castres won LAST season. Urios announced he was leaving in the summer, now they are mid table mediocrity. Not sure what your point is.
2. You brought the Pep leaving Barca thing up, not me.
3. Firstly I have not suggested for one minute I am a wrexham insider. It all happened today, and I am not aware any player being interviewed about it. I do hear Barrow had a pop at Ricketts last night. Only rumours but no smoke without fire.
4. Players raising their game in local derbies yes, but imo it's a stretch to say this as a "grudge" match for those individuals on the pitch today.

All I know is I saw more passion in tonight's performance than I saw at Barrow, or Leyton Orient. I am therefore glad we have a desisive board, able to make level headed decisions in the interests of the club. They've forced the issue, and taken control of the situation. They've drawn a line and ensured tonight's game, and any upcoming games for how ever long this sorry mess would have dragged on for, was not surrounded by speculation and uncertainty. Onwards and upwards with a new guy at the helm.

Thanks for not replying. Reading your war & peace reply was a chore in fairness.
Except he didn't announce he was going to Bordeaux, a direct competitor, until a couple of weeks ago, did he. He announced in the past couple of weeks. It was even a major talking point on the L'Équipe rugby podcast a fortnight ago and also on Le Jour De Rugby on Canal+ though, given you struggle already with English, I have a feeling understanding French is probably beyond you. You claimed Castres aren't pulling up trees but they're in the exact same spot from which they won the league last year.

Nah I didn't, if you weren't literacy challenged you'd know I never once mentioned Barcelona.

On the one hand you attack into people for talking about dressing rooms, on the other you talk about Wrexham players' relationship with Ricketts.

Im sorry reading a couple of paragraphs stretches your literacy capabilities but your point might carry more weight if you didn't then proceed to write a lengthy reply yourself.

I know it's probably a waste of time replying to you but when you're not even consistent in your points and make stupid, unfounded statements, it's hard not to.

Last edited by Kilkenny Red; 2nd December 2018 at 09.05:40..
Old 2nd December 2018, 08.54:56   #221-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_holt_dragon View Post
I would imagine thats more common in football than making the approach before talking to the manager.
Maybe. But even if it’s rife it’s still illegal and a kick in the teeth for the club on the receving end.
Old 2nd December 2018, 08.58:34   #222-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Maybe. But even if it’s rife it’s still illegal and a kick in the teeth for the club on the receving end.
It doesn't really bother me. If Wrexham were after a manager already with a club, I would have no issues with them having an informal chat to determine interest and any potential release clause. This has been going on for years and it's naive to think otherwise.
Old 2nd December 2018, 09.03:58   #223-0 (permalink)
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler View Post
Kilkenny red is making political gestures on this forum and i got a comment deleted because i said my second team where Rangers are we now political incorrect by questioning someone from southern Ireland don,tget wrong i have been to the Republic many times its a great place.but something stinks here posters
Nothing wrong with questioning somebody from Ireland. If you were in a discussion in Ireland though and people kept throwing in taunts about f**king sheep, living down the mine, singing, everybody in Wales being from the Valleys (which I'm not saying is correct, but it's a common misconception), you all being English really anyway, you'd think the group of people you were discussing with were scholars and gentlemen?

The fact your second team is Rangers and your rant about SOUTHERN Ireland and the REPUBLIC (which one exactly, French, Italian, Irish...) speaks volumes about where you're coming from.
Old 2nd December 2018, 09.07:08   #224-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Then this is an illegal approach so expect the Board to now report the Shrews
Old 2nd December 2018, 09.07:34   #225-0 (permalink)
Trialist

KilkennyRed:
You are either seriously deranged, or like to get your kicks by trolling. In any case, you stick to supporting your two teams, and your obviously more of an egg chaser too. I'll stick to following the Reds home and away.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.01:27.