Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th March 2019, 20.25:10   #109-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Maidstone (H) Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
If we actually try to cross the bloody ball, and not walk it in....
Frustrating thing with crosses on Saturday was Holroyd doing them but then subsequently nobody being in the box to go for the cross.Tollitt had some height but Beavon, Rutherford and McGlashan are small so really need to have Oswell or Stockton starting. Otherwise we are ridiculously easy to defend against.

Last edited by Rob Edwards; 18th March 2019 at 20.27:15..
Old 19th March 2019, 06.37:34   #110-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
Oswell and Stockton have not pulled up any trees but to discard them is madness-Grant being on the bench itself is enough reason to keep them in the loop. Grant should never play for Wrexham again-he was virtually taking the mickey Saturday and Shaun Pearson could see this. Let's hope Bryan Hughes can see this as rest of us can.
My point was BH had left both of them out so has he written them off?
Our forward line is as bad as it gets but maybe 1 of them can score a couple in the last few games. Either has to be better than Grant IMO.

Yes midfield creativity is also an issue but I still feel 433 isnt right with the players we have. I would rather a midfield 4 and try to encourage both FBs to get forward to support them. 433 leaves too many holes in the middle.
Old 19th March 2019, 08.25:08   #111-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
Frustrating thing with crosses on Saturday was Holroyd doing them but then subsequently nobody being in the box to go for the cross.Tollitt had some height but Beavon, Rutherford and McGlashan are small so really need to have Oswell or Stockton starting. Otherwise we are ridiculously easy to defend against.
See your point, but if you went to the Barrow game you would have seen Oswell was ridiculosly easy to defend against,and when Stockton came on he only touched the ball a couple of times and was just going through the motions.
Old 19th March 2019, 08.28:33   #112-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Our forwards are very frustrating. Stockton could be ok if he actually tried and Oswell is so weak it’s unbelievable. I know he’s cuttrrentlynsuspended but does Fondop have a recall clause? Can anyone honestly tell me any of our current forwards are better than him?

Last edited by benwilliams; 19th March 2019 at 08.29:34..
Old 19th March 2019, 08.29:21   #113-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post
See your point, but if you went to the Barrow game you would have seen Oswell was ridiculosly easy to defend against,and when Stockton came on he only touched the ball a couple of times and was just going through the motions.
I felt a bit sorry for Oswell. What did he do wrong really? He didnt do much right granted but he had barely any scraps to work with as we had literally no midfield.
Old 19th March 2019, 08.32:01   #114-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post
Oswell despite not being effective do far does deserve another opportunity, more so than Stockton, with him being contracted for next year. Think Oswell would benefit possibly from playing with Beavon, did not work v Barrow as Tollitt and McGlashan were on the wings.
Old 19th March 2019, 08.34:35   #115-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
I felt a bit sorry for Oswell. What did he do wrong really? He didnt do much right granted but he had barely any scraps to work with as we had literally no midfield.
Agree plus he's in the team then next game he's dropped and on Saturday wasn't even on the bench. I think there's a player in there.

We had a lot of strikers in the last two seasons and pretty much if not all have failed. At what point do we stop blaming the strikers because its pretty obvious the problems run deeper. Mainly I think its the teams mind set is that to be ultra defensive all of the time home or away combined with players that run but aren't creative enough.
Old 19th March 2019, 10.52:45   #116-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Agree plus he's in the team then next game he's dropped and on Saturday wasn't even on the bench. I think there's a player in there.

We had a lot of strikers in the last two seasons and pretty much if not all have failed. At what point do we stop blaming the strikers because its pretty obvious the problems run deeper. Mainly I think its the teams mind set is that to be ultra defensive all of the time home or away combined with players that run but aren't creative enough.
With Oswell it isnt that, we are missing our best 2 midfielders in Walker and Summerfield. On top of that we have also lost our 2 best wingers in Pyke and Tollit. Its 100% a personnel issue.
Old 19th March 2019, 11.06:07   #117-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

When all we do is hoof the ball to a 5ft 7 Beavon with no players anywhere near him and lots of players standing around ball watching not finding space then we won't score goals.

For hoofball to succeed you need a side like Solihull big oafs.
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.50:15.