Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

View Poll Results: Should he go
Yes 369 92.02%
No 32 7.98%
Voters: 401. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th September 2019, 19.56:38   #46-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Hughes - Stay or Go. Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Today was, quite frankly, embarrassing to watch. Something is rotten at the heart of the football team.

Having suggested they should be given until the end of September, I cannot support BH or CD any longer, as their team selection and tactics were truly amateurish yet again. The 4-2-3-1 formation is pointless, and having a midfield trio of Summerfield/Young/Wright guarantees failure.

It seems unlikely anyone will buy the club, so we are stuck with the failing WST model. Time for Pete Jones, the WST Chairman, to insist we have some new blood on the Board, and Spencer Harris and John Mills have a reduced role in the club.

No time for sentiment. BH and CD should be sacked and someone experienced appointed by a small cadre who know who to choose. The season is salvageable if action is taken now. But prevarication will see the club implode.
Good post - I agree PD.....
Old 14th September 2019, 20.00:45   #47-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

The decks need to be well and truly cleared with fresh ideas from outside. Hughes should go although I've nothing against him personally Darlington and Harris have even more to answer for.

I think Hughes will stay for now but as we've got 3 matches against sides below us. The rest of September is critical, a poor return and surely the writing will be on the wall and the penny will have to drop.
Old 14th September 2019, 20.04:17   #48-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynhater View Post
My Question is who the F##K are the 8 that voted for him not to be sacked. His Mam,Dad,Brothers, Sisters. Oh and the Board
Probably Chester fans. I'm sure they're smug at the minute.
Old 14th September 2019, 20.04:24   #49-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

We don't have anybody to take the place of the current board members, so don't expect change there. We obviously went for the cheap option in BH, and the saying is, you get what you paid for. It is all so depressing
Old 14th September 2019, 20.05:32   #50-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

The club wants a major clear out from top to bottom.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 14th September 2019, 20.06:16   #51-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot:

It's very harsh on a rookie manager to sack him this early in a season, I still believe he's recruited well and this team will be good, but he just can't seem to motivate this team, but he's got no experience and no support, or the support he has, is lacking.

He can't have been the best applicant we had - if so we are in SERIOUS trouble as a club, if he wasn't the best candidate, why was he recruited? I'm happy to give benefit of the doubt, but watching that tonight (on TV) was sad, we only started to play as a team after the penalty, and Sutton were bloody awful too, get a LoW manager in, they've got experience of football management at least.......... i'm not one to call for heads but this is awful and getting worse
Old 14th September 2019, 20.07:07   #52-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: GUS

I feel a bit sorry for Hughes to be honest, we are a full time club with a part time assistant manager and a part time coach. It's not just Hughes that needs to go, the part timers need to go first. We can't continue like this. It's killing us this.
Old 14th September 2019, 20.08:05   #53-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by short_gog View Post
It's very harsh on a rookie manager to sack him this early in a season, I still believe he's recruited well and this team will be good, but he just can't seem to motivate this team, but he's got no experience and no support, or the support he has, is lacking.

He can't have been the best applicant we had - if so we are in SERIOUS trouble as a club, if he wasn't the best candidate, why was he recruited? I'm happy to give benefit of the doubt, but watching that tonight (on TV) was sad, we only started to play as a team after the penalty, and Sutton were bloody awful too, get a LoW manager in, they've got experience of football management at least.......... i'm not one to call for heads but this is awful and getting worse
Which players that he has signed has been a success so far?
Old 14th September 2019, 20.21:06   #54-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: tec end

Would have been better / easier all round if we had lost today. Might have helped speed the inevitable and give us a chance to rescue our season.

I have no particular hard feeling against BH, just hope he can retain some dignity and act quickly -and walk away. He's lost it , they're not playing for him and our captain is making his feelings clear by what he doesn't say.

Planning to go to Aldershot next sat and would have some hope if we had some some of interim mgt arrangement.

This is a terrible terrible waste as the squad we have are better than last eason and are capable of doing so much better than this
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.42:52.