Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th October 2019, 07.11:37   #81-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default Re: Would an apology from Dean Keates ease tensions?

The main reason why the gates are dropping is because the quality of football is poor and we are at the wrong end of the league.

The main reasons why we are down the wrong end and playing badly are more complex but essentially are: too many poor quality players signed by, motivated by and drilled by poor quality managers; and the lack of sufficient financial resources to sign better quality players.

The Board is responsible for choosing managers, and they and the WST are responsible for raising and giving the manager sufficient resources. They have provided enough resources to be challenging for the POs, but almost certainly not enough to guarantee promotion either via the POs or, preferably, by topping the league. However, the recent managers ( Mills, Davies, Barrow and Hughes) have proven to have been poor choices who squandered money and opportunities.

The return of Keates is either a wise move or a stupid move, depending on our prejudices and opinion. I am ambivalent, and will better judge him by Christmas. Hopefully by then we will be further up the league, albeit there is the risk we might be buried under a relegation fight.

Unfortunately, our finances are very tight and will only worsen unless results improve and fans return. Some fans have seemingly made the political decision not to return until the Board has been either improved or the WST’s role has been removed. That is up to individuals.

Personally, I still believe an EGM is required to improve how the Board functions, which includes fresh blood, and new and better processes.

We are in a perilous position. It is recoverable, but only if all sides compromise their positions without compromising the standard of football on the pitch. As a separate issue, the attitudes of certain, senior players should be reviewed and dealt with when appropriate.
Old 11th October 2019, 08.53:06   #82-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
The main reason why the gates are dropping is because the quality of football is poor and we are at the wrong end of the league.

The main reasons why we are down the wrong end and playing badly are more complex but essentially are: too many poor quality players signed by, motivated by and drilled by poor quality managers; and the lack of sufficient financial resources to sign better quality players.

The Board is responsible for choosing managers, and they and the WST are responsible for raising and giving the manager sufficient resources. They have provided enough resources to be challenging for the POs, but almost certainly not enough to guarantee promotion either via the POs or, preferably, by topping the league. However, the recent managers ( Mills, Davies, Barrow and Hughes) have proven to have been poor choices who squandered money and opportunities.

The return of Keates is either a wise move or a stupid move, depending on our prejudices and opinion. I am ambivalent, and will better judge him by Christmas. Hopefully by then we will be further up the league, albeit there is the risk we might be buried under a relegation fight.

Unfortunately, our finances are very tight and will only worsen unless results improve and fans return. Some fans have seemingly made the political decision not to return until the Board has been either improved or the WST’s role has been removed. That is up to individuals.

Personally, I still believe an EGM is required to improve how the Board functions, which includes fresh blood, and new and better processes.

We are in a perilous position. It is recoverable, but only if all sides compromise their positions without compromising the standard of football on the pitch. As a separate issue, the attitudes of certain, senior players should be reviewed and dealt with when appropriate.
A board representative needs to come out and explain some of the awful decisions and the DSA issues.

They need to stop hiding and come out and speak to the owners.
Old 11th October 2019, 09.47:56   #83-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

PD I think their is a number of reasons why crowds have dropped. The 2 previous seasons the club was challenging for promotion, ok the football wasn't great but something to play for and hope we could go up then the Ricketts and what happened after, just missing out on paper good signings so early season hope hence big crowds, but now we are struggling the football poor season after season and it's took it's toll.

Now the secret society of a board who don't communicate with the fans has alienated the fanbase which they have split with the DSA and bringing back a manager so soon after he left in bitter circumstances.

So all contributing factors, so Keates has a lot to do to get the fans back, our best hope is a cup run.

But 12 yrs of going around in circles has taken its toll a treadmill of underachieving.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 11th October 2019, 11.01:33   #84-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

What were the crowds like in the last days of Mills? I have been looking for the figures as a matter of interest. I found the season average but if I remember correctly the crowds started OK and picked up by the end of the season.
Old 11th October 2019, 14.02:02   #85-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Behind You.

Crowds drop because we are shite.
Old 11th October 2019, 14.15:35   #86-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
PD I think their is a number of reasons why crowds have dropped. The 2 previous seasons the club was challenging for promotion, ok the football wasn't great but something to play for and hope we could go up then the Ricketts and what happened after, just missing out on paper good signings so early season hope hence big crowds, but now we are struggling the football poor season after season and it's took it's toll.

Now the secret society of a board who don't communicate with the fans has alienated the fanbase which they have split with the DSA and bringing back a manager so soon after he left in bitter circumstances.

So all contributing factors, so Keates has a lot to do to get the fans back, our best hope is a cup run.

But 12 yrs of going around in circles has taken its toll a treadmill of underachieving.
Posted via mobile theme
Agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Sugden View Post
A board representative needs to come out and explain some of the awful decisions and the DSA issues.

They need to stop hiding and come out and speak to the owners.
Agree entirely. They must explain why they did what they have done. I find it hard to believe they did it through malice, but it is possible to lose sight of the overall objectives and become besotted by proving what clearly was wrong was, in their opinion, the right thing to do at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wonderful View Post
Crowds drop because we are shite.
Succinctly put!
Old 11th October 2019, 21.06:36   #87-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post

Posted via mobile theme
Generally speaking crowds have improved season on season which seems to fly in the face of dissatisfaction with being in this league for so long. This season it is quite simple - we are playing poorly and our league position reflects that. Frankly it is more entertaining than under Keates first time but having said that nobody wants to watch their team lose. We can hope that Keates makes us harder to beat without killing any offensive ambition. In my opinion we have better options up front particularity if we can get hooper back and he can form a partnership with someone. With 7 places at the top it is always possible that we could still get up there and I am certain the fans will return but it gets harder with every reverse and I still look down rather than up at present.
The board issues though very real are still a separate issue for me and those that seek to bring them to the game will do the team no favours. Its Keates job to protect the players from off field drama and the best way to do that is to start winning.
Old 11th October 2019, 22.05:41   #88-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Moyn, board and football issues are seperate.
In reality the board issues wouldn’t be an issue for the majority now Keates is appointed until the end of next season.

The 1 thing I think that needs to happen is an explanation for January.
Barrow, Lawrence, Hughes and how/why?
Spending or misspending of available funds.
Has the leak been identified and ‘fixed’?
Old 14th October 2019, 02.43:16   #89-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Not sure which thread was best but given it relates to Keates

Lee Fowler has an article in NLP and sums it up nicely - whether you agree or not is opinion.
There isn’t anyone he would rather have alongside him going into battle. Even though they’re not best mates.

Dean will want some of his own players and we need to change some. So thats an interesting challenge depending on the budget remaining. It could be 1 out and 1in!

He has however got the Part Time problem wrong, blaming the club and not Hughes.
He has however recognised we lacked ideas under BH and now we look more like a DK team. If that’s good or bad remains to be seen. I think it’s probably good and hopefully means a change to the midfield as a starter.

Or maybe Lee is totally wrong!

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.03:32.