Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th November 2019, 23.39:51   #21-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial
 
Rob's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Real Name: Rob
Twitter: @





Default Re: Suggested WST/WAFC Values

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonspark View Post
Pryce Griffiths did a far better job of running Wrexham FC than the trust/board could ever hope to, Pryce was in his eighties, his wife had past away and his son did not want it, he wanted out he had had enough, he could not have predicted what was to later to transpire, how can you smugly run that bloke down when the crowd that is in charge now are not fit to run a sunday school
Pryce Griffiths sold the club, and arranged a half a million quid bonus as and when the Racecourse was redeveloped.

Considering the plans was to shift us to somewhere else, flog the site to a retail park like Chester for millions, it appears pretty clear he was happy with that.

As for 'he could not predict what was later to transpire' he was quite happy arranging a deal of getting the bunce on the back end when the ground was sold.

I for one am working towards a similar goal, to ensure I can be lauded I the posh seats in Wembley next time we play there. I mean, all that must be a Good Thing to get such treatment?



(Incidentally the 78% majority shareholding control was possible as the minority shareholders sold up for their silver over the years so what was a diversified ownership became a single point of private ownership.)
Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2019, 08.55:47   #22-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
FieldtownRed's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Suggested WST/WAFC Values

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Pryce Griffiths sold the club, and arranged a half a million quid bonus as and when the Racecourse was redeveloped.

Considering the plans was to shift us to somewhere else, flog the site to a retail park like Chester for millions, it appears pretty clear he was happy with that.

As for 'he could not predict what was later to transpire' he was quite happy arranging a deal of getting the bunce on the back end when the ground was sold.

I for one am working towards a similar goal, to ensure I can be lauded I the posh seats in Wembley next time we play there. I mean, all that must be a Good Thing to get such treatment?



(Incidentally the 78% majority shareholding control was possible as the minority shareholders sold up for their silver over the years so what was a diversified ownership became a single point of private ownership.)
Didn't his son also provide a statement supporting Hamilton\Gutterman in court? In the court case involving Kenny Pemberton? I'm struggling to remember the details.
Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2019, 18.18:13   #23-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Suggested WST/WAFC Values

Pryce Griffiths turned down valuable grant funding to make The Racecourse a ground with four sided accommodation, preferring his own grandiose plans for The Kop end which did not come to fruition. Ultimately, he was little less than a traitor when he sold out to Hamilton and Gutterman, knowing full well the latter's bad reputation regarding his previous involvement with Chester FC!

Last edited by cynprifathro; 6th November 2019 at 18.20:04..
Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2019, 19.00:30   #24-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Suggested WST/WAFC Values

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
To be principled in who we allow into the club with open arms, namely Mike Newall, Dean Keates and Lee Fowler

Other examples include inviting Pryce Griffiths to Wembley
Good god yes I almost forgot the Wembley incident.
How on earth did the current WST and club board come to that conclusion, knowing the background sale of club shares.
values Eh?
Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2019, 19.10:12   #25-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Suggested WST/WAFC Values

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
Good god yes I almost forgot the Wembley incident.
How on earth did the current WST and club board come to that conclusion, knowing the background sale of club shares.
values Eh?
The same reasoning used why we played Bangor City in a friendly game, no thought gone into it whatsoever.
Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2019, 19.23:32   #26-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero
 
Vambo's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Suggested WST/WAFC Values

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
Good god yes I almost forgot the Wembley incident.
How on earth did the current WST and club board come to that conclusion, knowing the background sale of club shares.
values Eh?
Maybe forgiveness and conciliation are rated as higher values.
__________________
comin' to the rescue
Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2019, 19.32:17   #27-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
LlayDragon's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Suggested WST/WAFC Values

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
Maybe forgiveness and conciliation are rated as higher values.
One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist.
__________________
All hail the mad banana!
Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2019, 19.54:15   #28-0 (permalink)
Club Captain
 
riccardo's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Suggested WST/WAFC Values

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
Quite simply:

Play entertaining football
Play winning football more like...
Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2019, 20.23:47   #29-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Suggested WST/WAFC Values

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
Maybe forgiveness and conciliation are rated as higher values.
Will Mo$$ and Robber get an invite to our next Village Trophy Wembley appearance?
Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2019, 20.29:28   #30-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
LlayDragon's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Suggested WST/WAFC Values

Quote:
Originally Posted by standman View Post
Will Mo$$ and Robber get an invite to our next Village Trophy Wembley appearance?
Don't forget our Nev.
__________________
All hail the mad banana!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.58:05.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12