Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd March 2020, 20.15:33   #64-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: yale paddock
Twitter: @

Default Re: Keates Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Heated discussion? Perhaps the thermostat needs to be adjusted.

On a serious note just where did it get you and who with? Without names it could be bull.
I wasn't trying to get anywhere? Just expressing my views and disappointment with various situations as I saw them. You will have to take my word for it
Old 2nd March 2020, 20.20:45   #65-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by basdragon View Post
Why would they come on here ? If you have an alternative opinion it is quite often shut down sarcastically and with some personal abuse chucked in for good measure.

Usually things don't get debated on here without it descending into personal abuse
I do think this is a very fair point. It also seems to be the case that quite a lot of people who view RP dont or rarely post. Perhaps that is because they dont want to leave themselves open for unpleasantness. If that is the case it is unfortunate because we dont get to read their opinions.
Old 3rd March 2020, 04.49:22   #66-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Of course it is but they don't need any help as they have all the skills with those who are there now. Laughable and a downright bare faced lie from Pete coaches.

A complete shambles from top to bottom. The money, sorry the fans money that these idiots waste on managers, a part time fraud of a coach and players is a disgrace.

Imagine if we had a board that could appoint a competent manager.

Imagine then if we had a competent manager and the way he could use the budget far more effectively.
How can Pete claim they have all the skills, he has never been near a professional football club.

I cannot wait for this nightmare to end or the club will die eventually fan ownership is and always has been a disappointment. Those who think they are looking after the club are actually inflicting more damage than good.

You have never seen a poorer wrexham team than a wst ran wrexham - no owner would think this team as acceptable other than do gooders refusing to see the truth and overall the ideology in place would see the club die than admit failure.

The wst purpose was to stabilise, look for a buyer and put the club in safe hands going forward. They have clung to power with their massive egos as it’s been a disaster, we now have a training ground on the nine acre field that’s the achievements of the wst.
Old 3rd March 2020, 07.31:46   #67-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywelsh View Post
How can Pete claim they have all the skills, he has never been near a professional football club.

I cannot wait for this nightmare to end or the club will die eventually fan ownership is and always has been a disappointment. Those who think they are looking after the club are actually inflicting more damage than good.

You have never seen a poorer wrexham team than a wst ran wrexham - no owner would think this team as acceptable other than do gooders refusing to see the truth and overall the ideology in place would see the club die than admit failure.

The wst purpose was to stabilise, look for a buyer and put the club in safe hands going forward. They have clung to power with their massive egos as it’s been a disaster, we now have a training ground on the nine acre field that’s the achievements of the wst.
I think they will get a rude awakening in the Summer if they think they can get 2000+ season ticket holders after the two appointments over the last year. Neither of them were wanted by the fans and whilst I can see some mitigation in appointing a rookie after the previous two rookies had been poached these were lazy appointments.
Ricketts was working at a premier league club, Hughes wasn't even involved with football and his only experience had ended in tears and I'm sure they must have had some idea that nobody wanted Keates anywhere near the club.
I read on here from these happy clappers that "we won't go down" yet four months after Keates appointment we are all of two points above the drop zone.
Old 3rd March 2020, 08.09:15   #68-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

The problem with Keates is one step forward two steps back...

I was actually looking forward to listening to the game Saturday after a decent away win. Yeovil weren't in a great run of form and were there for the taking. Instead we hardly turned up and gave away the comedy goal of the year going on to be well beaten and creating very little.

So what exactly changed within a week for an unchanged squad to go from a decent display to such a poor performance??? It comes back to our management set up and our inability this season to get any run of form going.

For me now Keates and his management team has to go the end of the season regardless of if we stay up or not. He isn't the man to take us forward and its yet another poison in the club that's slowly killing us.
Old 3rd March 2020, 09.12:40   #69-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post

I was actually looking forward to listening to the game Saturday after a decent away win. Yeovil weren't in a great run of form and were there for the taking. Instead we hardly turned up and gave away the comedy goal of the year going on to be well beaten and creating very little.

So what exactly changed within a week for an unchanged squad to go from a decent display to such a poor performance??? It comes back to our management set up and our inability this season to get any run of form going.

For me now Keates and his management team has to go the end of the season regardless of if we stay up or not. He isn't the man to take us forward and its yet another poison in the club that's slowly killing us.
Agree. Whatever happens this season Keates needs to be gone from here.

Anyone running a club with a shred of competence would have already made that decision and would now be searching for a new manager behind the scenes.
Which means Keates will definitely be staying.
Old 3rd March 2020, 10.29:48   #70-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Agree. Whatever happens this season Keates needs to be gone from here.

Anyone running a club with a shred of competence would have already made that decision and would now be searching for a new manager behind the scenes.
Which means Keates will definitely be staying.
Of course he's staying.

Since the board said FU to the fans by bringing Keates back all their eggs are in his basket.
Old 3rd March 2020, 10.37:35   #71-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS Near Kop end

Definitely staying.
Just like he was definitely coming back
Old 3rd March 2020, 10.38:07   #72-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post

We've been scouted and competent management has prepared well for us.

Meanwhile we have shown yet again our complete inability to change anything on the fly.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.23:42.