Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th May 2020, 09.43:34   #61-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Will football survive Covid-19?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
With respect foxy could it be you lacking intelligence and common sense in what you just said.

This area has got away lightly so far but in just a matter of weeks there is over700 hundred confirmed cases across Wrexham and Flintshire and over 100 of them are dead.

Considering we have been in lockdown during that time and they only test those admitted to hospital what do you reckon the numbers would be if football, shops
pubs etc were still open and nothing had of been done to stop the spread?
I see your point but your point, but it’s an absolutist point. Using this logic nothing will reopen ever. No football, no schools, no factories, nothing.

Covid will always be around, and we Will have to to judge the risks. The example given by Rob was 1:400. Using this example there is a 400-1 chance of me getting it at the Racecourse; actually much longer odds than that because Rob’s stats are based on a two week sample , so on any one day there would be fewer infected. So perhaps the odds are 600-1 , maybe more. I might catch those odds and get it. There is the. a fair chance that I have no symptoms. The most likely scenario is mild symptoms. The odds on it being severe are very very long.

I know what you will say - I could pass it on to someone else who might become really ill. Well yes, but the overall odds on me getting it and then passing it onto someone else who becomes really ill are extraordinarily long. In fact, 1:400 is probably much less risky for public health than attending a match during an average winter flu season.

As a society we have to move away from absolutism on this and logically balance risks both in terms of public policy making and also individualised choice.

PS - the odds I have given should be even longer , because it assumes the one person in 400 will automatically give it to someone that could be me. What if they wear a face mask ? What if they sit away from anyone (really easy at the racecourse ) or what if I sit away from the crowd ? What if Wrexham play a rip roaring game and come from 2-0 behind to win 3-2 in the last minute and everyone hugs and shouts ? Or much more likely, what if it’s a turgid 1-0 defeat and we all slump quietly into our chairs ?

Last edited by Foxy; 15th May 2020 at 09.48:05..
Old 15th May 2020, 09.58:58   #62-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Will football survive Covid-19?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthinred View Post
Steve and Bowler - feel free to lockdown yourselves forever if it makes you feel better

Life has to go on with adaquete social distancing & precautions ,

Catching Covid will be another one of the multitude of calculated risks we take every day

Accept your own mortality but dont let it stop you from Living
So god forbid you ever caught this killer you think it was a chance worth taking. Speak for yourself mate and hope your immune system is up to it or your another statistic in the rising mortality rate.
Old 15th May 2020, 10.07:37   #63-0 (permalink)
User
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Will football survive Covid-19?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler View Post
So god forbid you ever caught this killer you think it was a chance worth taking. Speak for yourself mate and hope your immune system is up to it or your another statistic in the rising mortality rate.
Dramatic. Its only a killer for a small percentage of people. The stats are being skewed because covid-19 is being blamed as the cause of many deaths in hospitals when in fact it is not.
Old 15th May 2020, 10.10:00   #64-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Will football survive Covid-19?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler View Post
So god forbid you ever caught this killer you think it was a chance worth taking. Speak for yourself mate and hope your immune system is up to it or your another statistic in the rising mortality rate.
Try some kalm tablets - really good.
Old 15th May 2020, 10.16:03   #65-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: mold road stand
Real Name: nev
Twitter: @





Default Re: Will football survive Covid-19?

This is the problem with different countries reason for death , did they record it as Covid , or the underlying problem the patient had , may take some time to find out whose been honest here .
Old 15th May 2020, 10.16:44   #66-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Will football survive Covid-19?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler View Post
So god forbid you ever caught this killer you think it was a chance worth taking. Speak for yourself mate and hope your immune system is up to it or your another statistic in the rising mortality rate.
Yep I know the risks and the subsequent precautions

Likewise I know the risks of driving on a motorway and how best to avoid a crash

If your too scared - stay in ,, but dont insist life must stop for the rest of us
__________________
vote YES to the takeover, secure our future
Old 15th May 2020, 10.29:13   #67-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Vorporix's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Will football survive Covid-19?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Dramatic. Its only a killer for a small percentage of people. The stats are being skewed because covid-19 is being blamed as the cause of many deaths in hospitals when in fact it is not.
Well is coronavirus a problem or not - remember this response from you to my posts on the coronavirus thread:

-----------------------------------

Jaw dropping stupidity. You cannot be that ignorant, surely?

What part of stay at home are you struggling to understand? Let us know and we can help you out. Maybe..

------------------------------------
Old 15th May 2020, 10.35:19   #68-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Will football survive Covid-19?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Dramatic. Its only a killer for a small percentage of people. The stats are being skewed because covid-19 is being blamed as the cause of many deaths in hospitals when in fact it is not.
Are you blind have you seen the state of the doctors and nurses and carers on the Front Line of this pandemic listen to their stories absolutely run off their feet and some of them dying to try and save your miserable life ungrateful bastard you ought to be ashamed.
Old 15th May 2020, 10.38:29   #69-0 (permalink)
User
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Will football survive Covid-19?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorporix View Post
Well is coronavirus a problem or not - remember this response from you to my posts on the coronavirus thread:

-----------------------------------

Jaw dropping stupidity. You cannot be that ignorant, surely?

What part of stay at home are you struggling to understand? Let us know and we can help you out. Maybe..

------------------------------------
Of course its a problem, where in that post did I say it isn't?
My response was to bowler's killer remark, what I replied is correct is it not? Thought that would be easy to grasp. Obviously not.

P.s. That post was in reply to you saying you were blatantly going to flout the rules of lockdown, for some reason you didn't put that in your reply, can't think why!

Last edited by Phils-an-alki; 15th May 2020 at 10.41:56..
Old 15th May 2020, 10.45:42   #70-0 (permalink)
User
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Will football survive Covid-19?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler View Post
Are you blind have you seen the state of the doctors and nurses and carers on the Front Line of this pandemic listen to their stories absolutely run off their feet and some of them dying to try and save your miserable life ungrateful bastard you ought to be ashamed.
What's that got to do with what I posted you angry little wet wipe?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.47:35.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12