Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th August 2021, 11.12:02   #46-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: yale stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ryan clip on Sky News

ive worked all over the uk there is better and worse
Old 10th August 2021, 11.17:01   #47-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool Red View Post
I've lived in London, Liverpool and the West Country and Wrexham is not a bad place to live.
Should never assume but i'm assuming it's Liverpool at the moment ?
Old 10th August 2021, 15.13:58   #48-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand - Upper Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by -luke View Post
He is Canadian...
Not fair that……a lot of us have lots of good things to say about Wrexham and the surrounding areas…..
Old 10th August 2021, 15.18:22   #49-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyored View Post
Think you need to reread what he wrote. Never met a Canadian that disliked their continent!
That is absolutely correct. The problem, however, is that living next door to the behemoth that is the US ensures that everything we do gets compared to them. Whether it be good or bad.
I know that some Canadians have a se ere inferiority complex when it comes to anything American and some, like me, have friends down there and think, apart from the politics on both sides of the spectrum, it is a lovely place to visit.
Old 10th August 2021, 15.21:38   #50-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorporix View Post
Surely we are allowed to comment on the state of our town without having to run for office?

Wrexham is grim in places and in my view has not been helped by some very poor decision making over the years.

However, there are far worse places around in my view - the decline of town centres across the UK in general is a real problem.

The amount of youths and alcohol/drug users hanging around the town does not help it's image one bit. I can imagine they can be quite scary for some.
Unfortunately, it is not just a Wales/Wrexham/UK problem. I can name you many areas in Canada that are also in a state of decline. Some of them highly visible tourist areas. Not sure what the answer is, but it appears to be a blight that is taking over worldwide.
Old 10th August 2021, 15.21:49   #51-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Well Dublin has a good reputation to the outside world, but sadly, cant get much worse than Dublin city centre at the moment. Dirty, and have to be on your guard all the time, even in the middle of the day, feral yobs causing all kinds of trouble!
Old 10th August 2021, 18.02:04   #52-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Macron

I have lived in Wrexham for almost 30 years now and yes like most northern towns it has declined. I travel nationally for my job and there are thousands of run down towns around the country. In Wales like England the vast majority of the investment is London/Cardiff centric and it stinks. It is not going to get better as the world is shifting to a more online culture, best thing in my opinion is to roof off the main drag in town and make it a dining / drinking area which is potentially a way forward. it is a shit time all round the country and this is not a Wrexham issue, maybe the club can drag in investment in the town through its association with these A listers.
Old 10th August 2021, 18.58:43   #53-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
I tend to agree. It would all be very embarrassing if they ever did come to Wrexham.
No worse than any other UK town Foxy. Too many people knock it and put it down,
Old 10th August 2021, 19.00:50   #54-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by red under the bed View Post
Yet that's simply not true about looking at it from Cardiff...
You only have to look, at fair sized towns centres like Bridgend to see the ghost town and boarded up shops...Go to Ebbw Vale and you would see one shop open in the old festival park centre...It's a UK problem now
Soulless out of town shopping parks is to blame for a lot of town centres..If it's an economic and decision making problem then I would look at those corrupt clowns in westminster as the roots as a good starting point...That's where central funding is and most of that has ended up in personal or associates bank accounts.
I'm sure the Gateway stuff and train links will all help Wrexham...hopeful new Kop...internationals again...all boost the town ..New owners are the best thing that could ever happen to the club and region..Enjoy the new era instead of harping on about north/south....endless political snipes..
To an outsider Wrexham has a lot of charm ..just needs a plan and a few more hanging baskets ...Up the Town !
Well said. We need to talk up our town not run it down. I think city status would help.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.26:39.