Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Three Episode Threads: S3E1 Welcome To EFL / S3E2 Goals / Notts Again / Risky Business / Temporary / Far Away, So Close / Trouble / ...

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th April 2024, 17.54:35   #82-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Loyalty scheme (finally) coming in for next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
If you were not one of the 401 to watch us lose to Airbus with Danny Ward in goal you shouldn't be anywhere near the loyalty scheme
Nice claim but as the first team were playing away at Brentford in the English Fa cup at the same time surely the fans in west London would be higher up on the pecking order!
Old 30th April 2024, 17.56:44   #83-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: LOL, as if anyone can get a seat any more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydyp View Post
Nice claim but as the first team were playing away at Brentford in the English Fa cup at the same time surely the fans in west London would be higher up on the pecking order!
The top-est of top reds would have found a way to be at both… :-D
Old 30th April 2024, 18.56:15   #84-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Tech End

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXM76 View Post
How has everyone found it this season without a scheme?
Got a ticket to every single home game I wanted for the 3rd season in a row - only one that was difficult was Stockport, but after 10 minutes one came up.

Personally, buying tickets to away games shouldn't guarantee you tickets to home games. Away games, fair enough - similarly if you go to more home than away, you should get priority over those who do the opposite.
Old 30th April 2024, 20.07:26   #85-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Lurking in the sewers
Twitter: @Alida Valli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Until_The_Final_Whistle View Post
You say this but I can guarantee you didn't come to Gateshead, Doncaster, Mansfield (cup), Gillingham, MK Dons, or any of the other ton of games that went to general sale and didn't sell out.

You choose to put your time and money elsewhere, others choose to put it into the club. People who put it into the club deserve first go at the big games.
I’m not going to get into a tit for tat argument with someone I don’t know on the internet. But you don’t know me and can’t guarantee anything about me. What I can guarantee you is that I’ve put more of my time and therefore money into the club when few others were and when it really needed it. And I don’t just mean going to far flung places on a Tuesday night. Far wider than that. But it doesn’t matter. The club will do what the club wants to do and it won’t really bother me but don’t talk about loyalty and the last few seasons in the same breath. They are not remotely the same thing.
Old 1st May 2024, 07.41:40   #86-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Paddock Man View Post
I’m not going to get into a tit for tat argument with someone I don’t know on the internet. But you don’t know me and can’t guarantee anything about me. What I can guarantee you is that I’ve put more of my time and therefore money into the club when few others were and when it really needed it. And I don’t just mean going to far flung places on a Tuesday night. Far wider than that. But it doesn’t matter. The club will do what the club wants to do and it won’t really bother me but don’t talk about loyalty and the last few seasons in the same breath. They are not remotely the same thing.
Loyalty is clearly a word that different fans define slightly differently, and is easy to use in the context of a scheme to reward those that attend games regularly with a priority for games where demand outstrips availability, even if it may not be specific, or descriptive enough to avoid mis interpretation.
As you say yourself, not getting the ticket priority won't really bother you, but it does bother those that regularly travel the length and breadth of the country.

So no one should be offended by its description as a Loyalty scheme, it's just a scheme to help fans that travel to the less attractive games get tickets when demand is very high.
Old 1st May 2024, 09.09:56   #87-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

A loyalty ticket scheme isn’t a top red pissing contest lads. It’s just a way of prioritising who gets first dibs on away tickets.

Some of you are way too defensive.
Old 1st May 2024, 10.22:41   #88-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

I think the only people with an issue with a loyalty scheme are those that don't go away all year but want to rock up at Crewe at the end of the season at the expense of someone who's been going up and down the country all year. A
Old 1st May 2024, 10.37:37   #89-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: mrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydyp View Post
Not if you sat int that freezing cold MRS that day to watch Airbus. Waiting each second for the score to come in from Brentford. You would say you are way up the pecking order.
Old 1st May 2024, 10.39:51   #90-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: mrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wxm boy View Post
I think the only people with an issue with a loyalty scheme are those that don't go away all year but want to rock up at Crewe at the end of the season at the expense of someone who's been going up and down the country all year. A
Only people who were trust members pre R&R should be classed as loyalty fans. Plus any St holders who were not trust members.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.37:51.