Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th February 2018, 07.54:03   #41-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Sutton United (A) Predictions

At least Quigley will be used to playing on a 3g pitch from his time in he welsh prem
Old 13th February 2018, 09.25:03   #42-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by rememberthegoodoldyears View Post
Some posters really grind me, why would he drop dunn now? After a string of much improved performances, for a keeper who looked in the trophy not be the keeper some fans believe him to be. Roberts is a very solid performer but not the glamour player fans want but there is no reason to drop him. I could see the reasoning in dropping Kelly but with Rutherford missing it's very unlikely. The selection and tactical approach has seen us to be in the position we are now so I'm more than happy to back him.
Also Quigley was very much a threat coming on Saturday and him and holroyd were interchanging position which was causing there a full back a problem and was are main threat in trying to win the game.

1-0 to the town
They only grind you when the opinion is not one you agree with and of course is therefore wrong!! I desperately want this club back in the league after supporting them all my life and the 3 players mentioned ,although solid and willing are just not title winning players. This year because of the mediocrity of the league gives us the best chance in 10 years and if we fail it must not be for lack of flexibility in our approach or giving the players signed in the window with our money, or already at the club, the chance to outperform ordinary players holding the shirt.
Old 13th February 2018, 10.02:54   #43-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
Could do with the Barrow game tonight being a brutal energy sapping affair. And to be fair it should be with those two teams.
Barrow had a pitch inspection this morning and the game is definitely on. Just as well they haven't got the rain we're experiencing on the south coast!
Posted via mobile theme
Old 13th February 2018, 10.07:17   #44-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Eric Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydneljay View Post
They only grind you when the opinion is not one you agree with and of course is therefore wrong!! I desperately want this club back in the league after supporting them all my life and the 3 players mentioned ,although solid and willing are just not title winning players. This year because of the mediocrity of the league gives us the best chance in 10 years and if we fail it must not be for lack of flexibility in our approach or giving the players signed in the window with our money, or already at the club, the chance to outperform ordinary players holding the shirt.
Another grind I have is that you've ignored the reasoning I've given and justified it with none of your own

As I'm more than happy to discuss why your post grounded me.
First off dropping Dunn, I said why now? A few weeks back he was struggling but it anything he's gained us points in recent weeks. So what kinda message does it send to drop him now? Who from the January recruitment are you replacing him with?
I said I could why you would want to drop Kelly from the side but with Rutherford already out, more than a few changes may upset the balance of a side that surely you can't deny has done a remarkable job this season?
Roberts like I said, he dealt with a tricky this weekend, he's part of back four that has kept 18 clean sheets this season and has the best defensive record in all of the leagues this season and also supplied a great assist for Boden this weekend. Whether you like it or not the majority of this first eleven have earnt the right to 'hold the shirt' at this moment in time.

Last edited by rememberthegoodoldyears; 13th February 2018 at 10.19:12..
Old 13th February 2018, 10.44:25   #45-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Another grind I have is that you've ignored the reasoning I've given and justified it with none of your own

First off dropping Dunn, I said why now? A few weeks back he was struggling but it anything he's gained us points in recent weeks. So what kinda message does it send to drop him now? Who from the January recruitment are you replacing him with?
I said I could why you would want to drop Kelly from the side but with Rutherford already out, more than a few changes may upset the balance of a side that surely you can't deny has done a remarkable job this season?
Roberts like I said, he dealt with a tricky this weekend, he's part of back four that has kept 18 clean sheets this season and has the best defensive record in all of the leagues this season and also supplied a great assist for Boden this weekend. Whether you like it or not the majority of this first eleven have earnt the right to 'hold the shirt' at this moment in time.
Can't argue with any of this...
Old 13th February 2018, 11.07:12   #46-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: On the centre spot

We'll either win or draw or possibly lose. We will score at 14 minutes and 4 seconds from a Dunn goal kick, headed on by Holroyd to Boden who scores from 3.5 inches outside of the penalty box, in-off the post.

Who knows? How can people predict times, scorers or scores? Have a guess by all means but don't be so specific.
Old 13th February 2018, 11.12:19   #47-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

2-0 to Su'un as it is probably pronounced by the locals.

A lucky goal after 20 mins then lots of huffing and puffing from us to get a reply and then a clincher on 72mins.

I am intending to view the above through an alcoholic haze!
Old 13th February 2018, 11.17:02   #48-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

They were very lucky to earn a draw at the Racecourse, no reason we can’t win this. Quigley’s experience of playing regular football on a 3G pitch won’t do us any harm either. It’ll be interesting to see what Keates does in the way of replacing Rutherford, my guess would be Franks.
Old 13th February 2018, 11.26:59   #49-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section

Quote:

Whilst Dunn clearly has his limitations - not commanding his box being the biggest - I agree he has done well of late and does not deserve to be dropped. However, I disagree about the others.

Raven showed his ability when he came on as LB for the injured and frustrating Jennings. He is a better footballer than either Roberts or Jennings and, after his 2 recent home performances I would replace Roberts with Raven, and give Jennings another chance.

Rutherford works hard but he lacks pace and the ability to beat a man. His state of pique on Saturday means he is unavailable for Sutton, so DK must replace him.

Kelly has ability but again no pace, and he lacks the ability to either pass defenders or pick a killer-pass to unlock defences. He's also a weak tackler, who puts too much pressure on Wedgbury.

Quigley isn't match-fit, so needs to come off the bench for the last 20 minutes when they are hopefully tiring.

Our strategy seems to be: score a goal, and then hang on. It clearly ain't working, so we need to be a bit more attacking and try to convert the aimless draws into wins, otherwise we'll not be promoted.

I suspect DK will again be too conservative to make wholesale changes but, FWIW, my starting XI for Saturday would be:

-----------------------------DUNN

RAVEN---------M SMITH-----------PEARSON--------JENNINGS

----WRIGHT-----------WEDGBURY--------DEVERDICS

---------------------------BODEN

-------------FRANKS---------------HOLROYD

Bench:

Dibble
Roberts
Kelly
Mackreth
Quigley
Old 13th February 2018, 11.46:03   #50-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Eric Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Whilst Dunn clearly has his limitations - not commanding his box being the biggest - I agree he has done well of late and does not deserve to be dropped. However, I disagree about the others.

Raven showed his ability when he came on as LB for the injured and frustrating Jennings. He is a better footballer than either Roberts or Jennings and, after his 2 recent home performances I would replace Roberts with Raven, and give Jennings another chance.

Rutherford works hard but he lacks pace and the ability to beat a man. His state of pique on Saturday means he is unavailable for Sutton, so DK must replace him.

Kelly has ability but again no pace, and he lacks the ability to either pass defenders or pick a killer-pass to unlock defences. He's also a weak tackler, who puts too much pressure on Wedgbury.

Quigley isn't match-fit, so needs to come off the bench for the last 20 minutes when they are hopefully tiring.

Our strategy seems to be: score a goal, and then hang on. It clearly ain't working, so we need to be a bit more attacking and try to convert the aimless draws into wins, otherwise we'll not be promoted.

I suspect DK will again be too conservative to make wholesale changes but, FWIW, my starting XI for Saturday would be:

-----------------------------DUNN

RAVEN---------M SMITH-----------PEARSON--------JENNINGS

----WRIGHT-----------WEDGBURY--------DEVERDICS

---------------------------BODEN

-------------FRANKS---------------HOLROYD

Bench:

Dibble
Roberts
Kelly
Mackreth
Quigley
I don't see the problem in Roberts in the last couple of home games personally but we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.
I'll not get into the other points so much but just a quick observation of the side you've chosen it's very unbalanced isn't it, raven essentially a centre half and that was quite clear against, then just in front of him a centre midfielder and the team seems like it's still heavily reliant on wedgebury. Too finish it off it possess two strikers neither being an out and out forward. One who was spent his whole career as a winger with a less than convincing goal record and you could call on the fact Boden is there but he's shown earlier in the season his strength is not leading the line through the middle.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.05:26.