Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26th March 2019, 20.25:48   #1819-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Tech End
Twitter: @

Default Re: National League Updates 2018/2019 Season

The reality of it all:
1. We won’t won’t the league as Leyton Orient have 2 games in hand and if they win those they will be 10 points clear of us.

2. As it stands if Solihull only draw then we’ll be 4 points behind them and I can see them slipping up quite a bit in the last 6 games.

3. Salford have 1 game in hand and will go a point ahead of us if they win against Harrogate which is the game in hand.

4.Fylde are 5 points behind us but are scoring and winning and also have 2 games in hand so could go a point ahead of us.

5. Harrogate have 1 game in hand which is against Salford and are 5 points behind like Fylde

6. And we don’t know how to score and seem to concede 1 or 2 a game at the moment and without scoring means we’re losing. We’re only 10 off going out of the play offs with 6 games remaining so to be honest I’m not hopeful of a top 3 finish or a play off place.
Old 26th March 2019, 20.32:13   #1820-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
Yep they’ve got a better manager and basically player for player a better side but nothing special, meanwhile we rely on Paul Rutherford for goals. Would he get in their side?
This may sound harsh on the lad, but I couldn’t really see him getting into another top half side. For all his hard work, there is little end product.
Old 26th March 2019, 20.33:15   #1821-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgson12107 View Post
The reality of it all:
1. We won’t won’t the league as Leyton Orient have 2 games in hand and if they win those they will be 10 points clear of us.

2. As it stands if Solihull only draw then we’ll be 4 points behind them and I can see them slipping up quite a bit in the last 6 games.

3. Salford have 1 game in hand and will go a point ahead of us if they win against Harrogate which is the game in hand.

4.Fylde are 5 points behind us but are scoring and winning and also have 2 games in hand so could go a point ahead of us.

5. Harrogate have 1 game in hand which is against Salford and are 5 points behind like Fylde

6. And we don’t know how to score and seem to concede 1 or 2 a game at the moment and without scoring means we’re losing. We’re only 10 off going out of the play offs with 6 games remaining so to be honest I’m not hopeful of a top 3 finish or a play off place.
We haven't got an easy run in of games either and as you say if we can't score we will struggle to pick up the points.

i do have a horrible feeling we will drop out of the PO's
Old 26th March 2019, 20.53:02   #1822-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Tech End.

[QUOTE=Hodgson12107;2243411]The reality of it all:

Solihull drew , we're 2 points behind them. Agree we won't end above Orient.
Old 26th March 2019, 20.53:41   #1823-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Mold road

Orient nailed on for the league and trophy double. Hopefully we will take both seriously next season. I can still see all the F..k the trophy posts on here now.
Old 26th March 2019, 21.04:46   #1824-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Ebbsfleet game is huge now. Its not a must win but if we dont lose the gap stays at 10 and 1 less game to play. Gateshead are still there but hopefully their small squad could cost them. Another reason why I would have looked to weaken them by loaning 1 of their players. Strategic planning which is something we dont understand.
Old 26th March 2019, 21.16:04   #1825-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie Davies View Post
To be fair we've had experience managers, up and coming lower league managers and novices and none have gotten us up.

Name the experienced managers we've had since down here? Excluding Mills.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 26th March 2019, 21.43:55   #1826-0 (permalink)
Administrator

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Name the experienced managers we've had since down here? Excluding Mills.
Posted via mobile theme

Wilkin had been a manager for 8 years
Old 26th March 2019, 21.51:09   #1827-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

I am increasingly getting the feeling that playing Harrogate on the last day could make or break us another team who, come the day will also be fighting for every vital point to get the best play off position they can.

I am ready to throw the towel in now and say the title is for Orient to throw away - getting through to the Trophy final will have given them a massive injection of momentum plus they still have 2 games in hand over us.

Hopefully a miracle happens and a team sneaks into the last play off place and produces an unscripted upset and eliminates somebody like Fylde, Salford or Solihull - then we scrape past them in a one off semi final.

I simply don't fancy us on current form but then in our 98 point season not many gave Luton Town a chance in the play offs, especially as we had beaten them both home & away in the league campaign.

However, in our current state are we as a club in a good state to gain promotion to L2 ?
I'm not so sure - it would be a shame after all these years if we went up and came straight back down. We have a big fanbase and a decent enough stadium for L2 level - but something is surely missing - some old timers keep saying 'we have found our level', are they right ? after all, the years we have been in the National League would tend to suggest we have.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.41:16.