Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Three Episode Threads: S3E1 Welcome To EFL / S3E2 Goals / Notts Again / Risky Business / Temporary ...

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th April 2020, 06.29:16   #91-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: All staff including players at Wrexham AFC to be furloughed

Wait until the premier league tv money pay cheques dry up
Old 6th April 2020, 07.11:51   #92-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  

Sky money etc., is provided to clubs from the subscriptions paid for by the public, and from advertising revenue paid to them by the public when goods and services are purchased. Sky also pays corporation tax to the government, and most of its shareholders will pay tax on payments received against those shares.

Covid-19 Furlough pay is reimbursed to employers by the government from taxes paid by the public and businesses.

Whichever way you look at it, it is the fans, most of whom are taxpayers of one kind or another, who provide the money received by the clubs.

Even the apparent exceptions to that are included, such as clubs that are financed by Sugar Daddies who's money is made from the public, (most of whom pay taxes) and who pay taxes themselves...

Wherever the money comes from directly, it is football fans that end up paying for it eventually.
Old 6th April 2020, 08.20:03   #93-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
Sky money etc., is provided to clubs from the subscriptions paid for by the public, and from advertising revenue paid to them by the public when goods and services are purchased. Sky also pays corporation tax to the government, and most of its shareholders will pay tax on payments received against those shares.

Covid-19 Furlough pay is reimbursed to employers by the government from taxes paid by the public and businesses.

Whichever way you look at it, it is the fans, most of whom are taxpayers of one kind or another, who provide the money received by the clubs.

Even the apparent exceptions to that are included, such as clubs that are financed by Sugar Daddies who's money is made from the public, (most of whom pay taxes) and who pay taxes themselves...

Wherever the money comes from directly, it is football fans that end up paying for it eventually.
As always. When you are locked into unrequited love you do it without question. But when you start to feel the balance of your love is being taken for granted or being mistreated then ultimately and inevitably you start to withdraw and find other things to love.
Old 7th April 2020, 13.00:37   #94-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Thankfully, Liverpool have since changed their mind about furloughing after admitting an error of judgement!
Old 7th April 2020, 14.23:48   #95-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynprifathro View Post
Thankfully, Liverpool have since changed their mind about furloughing after admitting an error of judgement!
A PR stunt, genuine remorse for their short-sighted decision, or a cynical ploy to regain favour?

Probably the latter.

Alas, whilst Bill Shankley’s followers have brought pressure on a greedy board, the great man’s ethos is in short supply in many teams.

Football would be far healthier without the financial excesses brought about by SKY and foreign owners. But is it feasible to return to a time when clubs were for fans rather than the select few? It would be nice to think so.
Old 7th April 2020, 14.55:11   #96-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: In the Yale Paddock front row

Sunderland and Crewe have now furloughed their playing staff
Old 7th April 2020, 14.58:54   #97-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  

So have Bolton, unsurprisingly. Oops no... players aren't affected but the club is seeking help from the EFL for any support they can offer. Meanwhile, club staff are furloughed and directors/senior members have taken "significant pay reductions."

Last edited by The Only Way Is Up; 7th April 2020 at 15.06:01..
Old 9th April 2020, 20.22:23   #98-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Andyh
@AndyhHolt
·
15h
We both have costs from contracts and stadia we can do nothing about.

So match day income next season is under serious threat.

EFL distribution.

Two things here, IF we get next season off in reasonable order
@SkyFootball
may pay in full.

But even if we did so, we’ve had...
Andyh
@AndyhHolt
·
15h
...part of next seasons distribution ALREADY in an attempt to keep the show on the road.

So, this income is already gone in full or in part from next season. The future is mortgaged.

Prem solidarity.

The show must go on and the season finished in undue haste because...
Andyh
@AndyhHolt
·
15h
@SkyFootball
will withdraw funds and request £750m refund. I have no factual evidence on this, the
@premierleague
could be milking it for all I know, but it makes sense. I’ve paused my
@SkyFootball
account.

So this income is under threat and
@premierleague
has already...
Andyh
@AndyhHolt
·
15h
...handed half of next seasons solidarity cash to
@EFL
£125m

It won’t last 2 minutes.

In summary.

Next season
@ASFCofficial
will be conservatively lucky to see half it’s normal income of £2.4m

@SunderlandAFC
will be lucky to see half, but the costs are higher...
Andyh
@AndyhHolt
·
15h
...Stewart’s loss will also be higher because half of his income next season is £4.8m not £1.2m
@ASFCofficial

And
@SunderlandAFC
were already stretched as the vast majority of clubs are.

Stewart costs. Like ours are very difficult to address....

...I could raise money on...
Andyh
@AndyhHolt
·
15h
...our stadium, but there’s NO WAY ON EARTH I would do this to our club.

So whilst everyone is focussed on finishing this season, we’re doomed in the medium term if we don’t find NEW funds to replace lost ones.

NOT loans or advances of future cash. But this gives us time to...
Andyh
@AndyhHolt
·
15h
..panic.

For a club like
@OfficialBWFC
(and I speak with Sharon, I mean no ill) they’d be better throwing the towel in NOW.

What’s the point in them spending a few million£ keeping the show on the road a bit longer, when the road runs out next season???

Conclusion.

I know..
Andyh
@AndyhHolt
·
15h
...we need to finish this season, but I need a proper steer on NEXT SEASON or I’m stupid wasting all the clubs reserves to finish the competition
@EFL

I’d be better to wind the club up now saving £2m and having that strength to restart AFTER #COVID19

You’re burning our club..
Andyh
@AndyhHolt
·
15h
...to finish this season.

You’re killing
@ASFCofficial
if you’re not careful.

Tell me you understand that and tell me what you’re doing for NEXT season so I can plan please.
Andyh
@AndyhHolt
·
15h
Good morning BTW.

If only we had a chairman this forward thinking and with some serious business acumen, maybe having an investor on board wasnt such a bad idea. How do people see this club surviving, if what Andy Holt predicts happens?

Anyone any ideas on our actual reserves? Can't see fans being able to dig deep due to the industries they'll be employed in the area, many could still have no job come June and beyond.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 9th April 2020 at 20.23:26..
Old 9th April 2020, 20.34:25   #99-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Wouldn't it be great if WST published the January and February 2020 board meeting minutes so we knew what reserves were in OUR bank account?

Remember the apology for not publishing the November minutes on time and the assurances it wouldn't be repeated?
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.53:54.