Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

View Poll Results: The Groves Training Ground: How will you be voting?
For 72 34.29%
Against 97 46.19%
Abstaining 8 3.81%
Not eligible to vote 33 15.71%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31st July 2020, 08.48:44   #172-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: GUS
Twitter: @

Default Re: The Groves Training Ground: How will you be voting?

The fanbase has lost confidence in the club board, it would therefore be very strange to give the go ahead for those same people to plough on with this project. Surely sort out club ownership first and then look again at this proposal with fresh accurate facts. Voting against proposal is not saying it’s a non starter, it’s delaying the decision until circumstances are different
Old 31st July 2020, 08.51:28   #173-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexhamO View Post
We don't have to pay to develop a training ground.

We can continue to rent as we do now. Until the WST has funds to do otherwise.

The current proposal commits us to a project the WST Board says it does not have find a for.
The minimum pitch cost alone is said to be maybe £110k and that gets us nine acre mk2. We can't even train on nine acre all year, so why would we want to replicate it? Especially if we want more teams training on it.
So drainage then. Another £50k.
Payments due to the release of covenants? Maybe another £10k.
Legal fees?
Fencing required £50k
Services?
Temporary parking?
Business Rates?

We'll end up spending £200k on 2 grass pitches here.
Which training ground would we rent once we have to leave 9 Acres?

I also think having our own training ground, with pitches designed for us, is a priority. Almost every successful football club, in any league, invests in the same thing. Renting Stansty isn't going to give us what we need.
Old 31st July 2020, 08.55:44   #174-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Playing Devil’s Advocate, assuming we do eventually lose access to 9 Acres due to the new school build, and we have insufficient money now to fund a new training ground, what are the alternative options that are both affordable and practicable?

I think ‘gold-plated’ options are a non-starter.

PS At the moment, I am likely to abstain unless the Board better explain their logic on Saturday. I think Bromfield would suffice; but which other alternatives have they already discounted?
I've already voted against it because its unrealistic with no money or plan to pay for it. That's besides the fact its extremely limited and screams non league forever.
If they had the money or a plan to pay for it, other than holding out a begging bowl than surely they would have told us that already.

You could have a plan for the best training ground ever but basically saying "oh we'll worry about paying for it later" is eye watering stuff.

Honestly some people would literally vote for anything this lot proposed. Its frightening how easily they are led and influenced.
Old 31st July 2020, 08.56:22   #175-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
Which training ground would we rent once we have to leave 9 Acres?

I also think having our own training ground, with pitches designed for us, is a priority. Almost every successful football club, in any league, invests in the same thing. Renting Stansty isn't going to give us what we need.
But leasing two undrained pitches on The Groves will? At a cost a of probably well over £100k more in year one?
Old 31st July 2020, 08.57:19   #176-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
We don't know the ins and outs of the council's decision. We do know that they are taking back 9 Acres so we will have to leave.

The main objection seems to be around the cost of developing a training ground, but as I see it that is something we can't avoid.

What we can avoid is having to pay for the land on top of that, as well as locating it, purchasing it, removing any covenants etc.

I honestly think the Groves is a really good solution.
I'll ask again, where's the money coming from to pay for it? No money is a huge flaw in the plan don't you think?
Old 31st July 2020, 09.00:08   #177-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexhamO View Post
But leasing two undrained pitches on The Groves will? At a cost a of probably well over £100k more in year one?
It's not really a lease, in that they are costing us nothing at all.

How much would it cost to lease or buy land with two ready-made pitches including drainage? I don't know of any available in the Wrexham area.
Old 31st July 2020, 09.02:02   #178-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
I'll ask again, where's the money coming from to pay for it? No money is a huge flaw in the plan don't you think?
The club will have to pay for it, just as we pay for our ground and our players.

Isn't that what every football clubs does? Not sure why this is a bad thing, or a reason to vote against being given some free land for 99 years.
Old 31st July 2020, 09.06:05   #179-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
It's not really a lease, in that they are costing us nothing at all.

How much would it cost to lease or buy land with two ready-made pitches including drainage? I don't know of any available in the Wrexham area.
That is the job of the WST Board to investigate and tell us in order to further inform the membership. However the WST Chairs statement at the weekend seems to indicate that they haven't looked at all.

Why do we HAVE to lease (long term) or buy now by the way?
Old 31st July 2020, 09.10:04   #180-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
The club will have to pay for it, just as we pay for our ground and our players.

Isn't that what every football clubs does? Not sure why this is a bad thing, or a reason to vote against being given some free land for 99 years.
But the club doesn't have the money to pay for it otherwise they wouldn't have had the begging bowls out during the last few weeks.
Saying the club will have to pay for it is just stating the bleeding obvious.

So, how are they going to fund this?

These things always always cost more than predicted too.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.27:41.