Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd November 2020, 09.01:00   #41-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Robbie Savage, Mark Hughes and Dean Saunders

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexhamforever16 View Post
Limited? Are you for real? They did a bloody fine job at Braintree with no cash, went to Lincoln did well, ended up making there own cash for the club by getting to the quarter finals of fa cup. Two promotions to league 1, in and around play offs in league 1 & left for a side they realistically they shouldn’t have as Huddersfield was & still is a bit of a basket club. The Cowley Brothers are very good managers and are highly rated by anyone who’s played for them or coached alongside them. Sadly they are likely to still be out of our reach even with the money, but that’s the best about that we could hope to get here
Ok i take your point , Still out of work though arent they .
Old 22nd November 2020, 09.26:44   #42-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redavid View Post
Ok i take your point , Still out of work though arent they .

On self imposed break but have recently said they are willing to listen if the right offer comes along.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/re...eld-town-exit/
Old 22nd November 2020, 09.33:48   #43-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypothead View Post
Just going to throw this name out there, as I know he did a great job at our level, is always professional about how he sets up his teams regarding training etc. And would tick a lot of boxes for the documentary. He is at a club now that is struggling financially, and he is someone I'd be happy with here. That person is Sol Campbell.

There are also other ex premier league players that would be good for the documentary, with Robbie Fowler being one of them. If Peter Moore comes in the Fowler would be a possibility. The Cowleys have done well with Lincoln yes, but are they big names that would intrest the general public to tune in and watch ot on the tv. With a big name like Campbell or Fowler, people from all over the world would be interested in tuning in and seing how they do.

Cowleys would be best for footballing reasons but to put us out there and to get people interested in us we will need a big name, and someone who played at the very top.
Strange approach. Surely we have been ‘noticed’ and now we need a management team that will deliver results that in turn will create interest. What we do not need is a freak show with high profile but unproven management.
Old 22nd November 2020, 09.47:15   #44-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon48 View Post
OK, so let’s sit back and think what it is we don’t like about Keates and co, personalities aside. Poor tactics, lack of coaching, weak man management would come close, I think.
So why do we need someone with non-league experience? I don’t get it. Usual argument about anyone else would be, ‘They wouldn’t want to come here’ or ‘We couldn’t afford them’.
I’m thinking that’s changed now. This thing of R+R is a project which the world is, quite clearly, watching. Why wouldn’t a football guy with top experience not want to jump on board, with all the publicity on offer? Not as much money as some could offer perhaps, but hey
I know a bloke currently working in China (a long way away) who, last heard of, lives on the Wirral (up the road) who might be interested. Speaks Spanish. And no, I haven’t been drinking (much). Why can’t we dream? Think where we all were only a few weeks ago.
OK, shout me down......
Wanting someone who knows the league is at least a logical reason for wanting someone.

What is the reason for wanting the bloke working in china? Celebrity appeal?

Which one of those reasons makes sense from a stone cold logic viewpoint?
Posted via mobile theme
Old 22nd November 2020, 09.48:06   #45-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
Strange approach. Surely we have been ‘noticed’ and now we need a management team that will deliver results that in turn will create interest. What we do not need is a freak show with high profile but unproven management.
Harry suggesting a strange approach?

Well I never.
Old 22nd November 2020, 09.51:41   #46-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvo View Post
On self imposed break but have recently said they are willing to listen if the right offer comes along.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/re...eld-town-exit/
Anyone worth anything goes looking for a job if out of work not just sit arround waiting for offers of work to come to them !
Old 22nd November 2020, 09.54:00   #47-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner Flag View Post
Anyone worth anything goes looking for a job if out of work not just sit arround waiting for offers of work to come to them !
Old 22nd November 2020, 09.58:32   #48-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

(info)

Racecourse Spot: No Fixed Abode

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypothead View Post
Just going to throw this name out there, as I know he did a great job at our level, is always professional about how he sets up his teams regarding training etc. And would tick a lot of boxes for the documentary. He is at a club now that is struggling financially, and he is someone I'd be happy with here. That person is Sol Campbell.

There are also other ex premier league players that would be good for the documentary, with Robbie Fowler being one of them. If Peter Moore comes in the Fowler would be a possibility. The Cowleys have done well with Lincoln yes, but are they big names that would intrest the general public to tune in and watch ot on the tv. With a big name like Campbell or Fowler, people from all over the world would be interested in tuning in and seing how they do.

Cowleys would be best for footballing reasons but to put us out there and to get people interested in us we will need a big name, and someone who played at the very top.
Oh god no. I've not been concerned about the documentary idea so far but
I don't want the choice of manager, or any other football decisions, to be influenced by the documentary. That could be as bad as picking a manager cos he's an ex Wrexham player! Don't think it's gonna happen, new CEO should be more professional than that.
Old 22nd November 2020, 12.27:56   #49-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Danny Cowley was excellent as guest on EFL highlights on Quest this w/e.
Old 23rd November 2020, 14.49:47   #50-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @mikesutto

I would love the Cowley's and we are right to aim high.
Suppose if you don't ask you don't get.
But (i) I would be staggered if after the jobs they have done at Braintree, Lincoln and Huddersfield they would come and manage at our level. They will be looking at Championship level or even a Fulham/WBA/Burnley type Premiership job if those sort of clubs get rid of their current managers.
Also on what I have heard (I do a little legal work for a football agent client) about the salary they were on at Huddersfield it's not realistic either.
Without posting the figure I've heard as it was implicitly said to me in confidence it will be more than most think it is and I was told last season the Cowley's were on a higher salary than any other Championship manager other than Bielsa; and higher than some Premiership managers.
I'd love it but I think that is dreaming to be honest.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.55:05.