Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Three Episode Threads: S3E1 Welcome To EFL / S3E2 Goals / Notts Again / Risky Business / Temporary / Far Away, So Close / Trouble / ...

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th April 2024, 22.05:11   #46-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: 55,000 seater stadium

You can’t knock their ambitions though, it’s still so surreal from where we were pre Covid to League One next season, and they are just getting started.
Old 30th April 2024, 22.06:27   #47-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

not sure if i have taken this differently to other people;

" we have a plan that eventually goes from stand to stand, and its hard to say for sure but we think we could get between 45-55k people in there"
The way I interpret that is that they would do it over time slowly as the club expands.....

They are business people and surely wouldn't spend a fortune to expand a stadium that will not sell out as that would not make financial sense.

I interpret that as once the Kop is built and our capacity is a certain amount, if we then are still selling out we will look to increase capacity again, and so on and so on....

Also given that some of our current revenue streams / sponsorships are based on likes / clicks / engagement, they have to say the targets are massive ie premier league, big stadium etc etc etc as this drives engagement in the international social media markets.

If they turned round on a TV show or podcast whatever that was and said we want to consolidate in league one for the next 5 years with a 10,000 attendance then its hardly going to excite people internationally, drive views to the documentary and attract other investment in the club.

One thing I would like to see them progress in a big way though would be the training ground, i feel we are getting to the point where this will become important, if we get it right its a massive selling point to getting players in, "come here and develop in our state of the art facilites" sounds so much better than what we have now.

Last edited by kopdragon; 30th April 2024 at 22.08:20..
Old 30th April 2024, 22.12:14   #48-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: GUS now.

I've learnt to not dismiss anything when it comes to WAFC.
Old 30th April 2024, 22.14:15   #49-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: ERS - Im a Stander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
I think they've looked at the 40,000 who came to last years' parade and gone "well if that many watch us on a bus, how many want to watch us play" ?
Half of them there were just to say they've seen Ryan Reynolds. Those 40,000 arent turning up week in week out.
Old 30th April 2024, 22.16:38   #50-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: PG7

I’ve seen a lot of things I never thought I’d see in the last 3 years as a Wrexham fan but a 50k stadium full of Wrexham fans is cloud cuckoo land stuff. Maybe they watched field of dreams recently?
Old 30th April 2024, 22.22:25   #51-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Really hope this is 100% not serious.

Last edited by René Higuita; 30th April 2024 at 22.31:02..
Old 30th April 2024, 22.26:58   #52-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Not enough top reds on this thread!!
Old 30th April 2024, 22.33:29   #53-0 (permalink)
ABd
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

R&R see us as becoming a 'global force', and so they have stadium ambitions to match.

It will obviously be a slow, modular approach as each stand is developed, and we will see along the way if and when ticket demand plateaus.

I very much doubt we ever get to 45k+ though.

Just can't wait to see the structure of the new Kop emerge.
Old 30th April 2024, 22.41:47   #54-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_asaph_red View Post
I’ve seen a lot of things I never thought I’d see in the last 3 years as a Wrexham fan but a 50k stadium full of Wrexham fans is cloud cuckoo land stuff. Maybe they watched field of dreams recently?
If you build it they will come

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.45:54.